Away Supporters Monday evening.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Away Supporters Monday evening.

Post by Keithy » 16 May 2021, 16:06

Interesting reading a piece on twitter from the Hull Daily Mail saying that a small number of Rovers fans will be in attendance tomorrow evening as approval has been given for away supporters to attend.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ew-5421183

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Away Supporters Monday evening.

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2021, 17:27

No issue.
Just hope the have a safe journey to the match and getting home and an absolutely miserable time watching their team loose against us for the third time.
COYF

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 May 2021, 18:16

casjunction wrote: 16 May 2021, 17:27 No issue.
Just hope the have a safe journey to the match and getting home and an absolutely miserable time watching their team loose against us for the third time.
COYF
Exactly. I don’t give two chuffs who attends as long as they follow Covid guidelines to protect themselves and others.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 May 2021, 18:40

I'm not too bothered, but it does say home supporters only. Have these stopped Cas fans getting tickets?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 May 2021, 18:46

Tigers1926 wrote: 16 May 2021, 18:40 I'm not too bothered, but it does say home supporters only. Have these stopped Cas fans getting tickets?
Will have done, but ST holders got first refusal at them, so if a ST holder as missed out, they only have themselves to blame. The remaining tickets are fair game then, a free for all.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2021, 18:57

ST holders get in with their ST cards.

First dibs was for anyone to buy a ST (if they hadn't already). And then open season for all. However, the club has really ballsed this up and their communication has been poor/last minute in a number of aspects.

E.g. only announcing today in the FAQs that ST holders can stand with e-ticket holders in the Railway End (limited number only).

Hopefully they rethink their policies going forward so that eticket purchasers can stand anywhere they like as long as they are in the bubble.

And hopefully they let home fans have longer to buy them before letting away fans buy them. Our own fans matter more, not away fans. I'd rather have zero away fans and make it intimidating for the opposition.

I think the announcement midweek changed things but that should have been thought of and planned in advance since it was always stated as that it may change in May.

Hopefully they are better prepared for Leeds.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2021, 19:05

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 May 2021, 18:57 ST holders get in with their ST cards.

First dibs was for anyone to buy a ST (if they hadn't already). And then open season for all. However, the club has really ballsed this up and their communication has been poor/last minute in a number of aspects.

E.g. only announcing today in the FAQs that ST holders can stand with e-ticket holders in the Railway End (limited number only).

Hopefully they rethink their policies going forward so that eticket purchasers can stand anywhere they like as long as they are in the bubble.

And hopefully they let home fans have longer to buy them before letting away fans buy them. Our own fans matter more, not away fans. I'd rather have zero away fans and make it intimidating for the opposition.

I think the announcement midweek changed things but that should have been thought of and planned in advance since it was always stated as that it may change in May.

Hopefully they are better prepared for Leeds.
I think it’s more likely the the club realised away fans had bought tickets, but that on a practical level they weren’t going to be able to prevent them entering the ground.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 May 2021, 19:08

heritage1926 wrote: 16 May 2021, 18:46
Tigers1926 wrote: 16 May 2021, 18:40 I'm not too bothered, but it does say home supporters only. Have these stopped Cas fans getting tickets?
Will have done, but ST holders got first refusal at them, so if a ST holder as missed out, they only have themselves to blame. The remaining tickets are fair game then, a free for all.
How does a ST holder miss out.
If you have a ST you turn up with your ST even if you haven’t decided to go until the last minute.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2021, 19:11

As I posted the other day, there are ways and means.

Wakefield are only selling tickets from their club shop for example. That may not help fans who don't live locally but it is a mitigation measure.

I have no objection to future games but only available from their own club say a day before the game for any left (providing we don't sell out, which we are likely to do).

How many of our fans who can't afford a ST are going to miss out on watching their side (since they can't watch on OurLeague too). Grossly unfair.

It doesn't affect me since I'm a ST holder (I've even asked the club if I can donate mine for someone for games i can't attend) but I do feel royally annoyed for those who haven't been able to get tickets due to rival fans jumping in before our own fans could get hold of them.

Club should have done the moral and right thing based on their announcement and prohibit entry to any away fans and cross check with HKR to cancel any etickets ordered by HKR fans on their database.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2021, 19:12

heritage1926 wrote: 16 May 2021, 18:46
Season ticket holders don’t need an individual ticket for the game; they are already factored in to the capacity.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2021, 19:14

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:11 As I posted the other day, there are ways and means.

Wakefield are only selling tickets from their club shop for example. That may not help fans who don't live locally but it is a mitigation measure.

I have no objection to future games but only available from their own club say a day before the game for any left (providing we don't sell out, which we are likely to do).

How many of our fans who can't afford a ST are going to miss out on watching their side (since they can't watch on OurLeague too). Grossly unfair.
Grossly unfair for our fans to miss out, unless they aren’t local and and then it’s absolutely fine?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2021, 19:18

I never said that. I said it may not help those who live locally but it is a mitigation measure.

Personally, I feel it should be done like football tickets (at least for my club).

Season ticket holders first (say can purchase 1 extra ticket)
Tigers TV/Lottery Members/Club 1926
General sale

The first two should cover most.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2021, 19:22

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:18 I never said that. I said it may not help those who live locally but it is a mitigation measure.

Personally, I feel it should be done like football tickets (at least for my club).

General sale

My reading skills must not be up to scratch.
I’m sure I read that you suggested only selling tickets in the club shop, therefore preventing non-local Castleford supporters from going to the game.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 16 May 2021, 19:24

Season ticket holders do not need a ticket, you use your card as you usually would.
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2021, 19:27

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:22
HuddsTigers wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:18 I never said that. I said it may not help those who live locally but it is a mitigation measure.

General sale

I’m sure I read that you suggested only selling tickets in the club shop, therefore preventing non-local Castleford supporters from going to the game.
As per what I wrote above. I said it was a mitigation measure. I didn't say that I agreed the club should do that. It's just a way of stopping away fans from buying.

As said, the ideal solution is for the club to cross check marketing lists and people who have historically bought STs/memberships from the club and to get support from away teams to take off anyone with names/addresses on their lists.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2021, 19:30

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:27

General sale

As per what I wrote above. I said it was a mitigation measure. I didn't say that I agreed the club should do that. It's just a way of stopping away fans from buying.
Yes, it’s a measure that would stop non-local Castleford supporters from buying tickets and very narrow-minded.
I buy home and away tickets online - I’m probably on every SL team’s database so wouldn’t stand a chance. Ironically, my family tend to buy Castleford tickets for me from the shop so I won’t be on the Cas database.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2021, 19:32

And was also an example of what Wakey are doing for their 15 fans.....

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2021, 19:34

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:30

General sale

Yes, it’s a measure that would stop non-local Castleford supporters from buying tickets and very narrow-minded.
I buy home and away tickets online - I’m probably on every SL team’s database so wouldn’t stand a chance. Ironically, my family tend to buy Castleford tickets for me from the shop so I won’t be on the Cas database.
Have you never signed up for club newsletters or bought anything from the shop online at all ever, historically? Or never held a ST. I'm sure your name is on a list somewhere.

Cas don't seem to erase or sort out their marketing marketing lists. I still get about 5 of the same emails because they haven't merged them.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 May 2021, 19:36

Not quite living in Big Brother state yet!
I dare say there are KR fans who live closer to Cas than l do, so if it was through the club shop l would be disadvantaged.
Ticketing has always been contentious.
But only if you don't get one.
As l said previously it's a bit of a none issue.
Because l have one but l bought it online.
Let's all just get down follow the rules and enjoy the evening.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 May 2021, 19:38

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:34
nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 May 2021, 19:30

General sale

Have you never signed up for club newsletters or bought anything from the shop online at all ever, historically? Or never held a ST. I'm sure your name is on a list somewhere.

Cas don't seem to erase or sort out their marketing marketing lists. I still get about 5 of the same emails because they haven't merged them.
I joined the 1926 club.
But if they used my data in a way in that I had not given permission for it to be used, they’d be in breach of DPA.
Similarly, your proposal ignores the fact that other clubs cannot share any data they hold about their customers with Cas, so what you suggest isn’t legal.