We Want radders now...... Mr gattan

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

We Want radders now...... Mr gattan

Post by covid tiger » 12 May 2021, 09:04

You are letting a bloke rip the soul out of a club in hope we can have a decent season.... Another player set to join Powell and it won't be the last... Whilst Powell wants a last hoorah... Listen to the fans we want a club with a solid future and our not a laughing stock!!!! Get that man out of our club now!
Am sure Warrington will be getting information from our coaches for the semi or Mr Powell and his team may have a bigger budget next year if wire get to Wembley..

Please let Lee take us to Wembley he has the experience and no split loyalty.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: We Want radders now...... Mr gattan

Post by heritage1926 » 12 May 2021, 09:12

You're not speaking for everyone there. I'm happy for Powell to continue till the end of the season and give him and any leaving players a send off at the last home game.

Also, Covid Tiger must be the most disruptive poster since Flow. 2 separate threads wanting to get rid of Powell and it's only just gone 9am.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 May 2021, 10:40

heritage1926 wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:12 You're not speaking for everyone there. I'm happy for Powell to continue till the end of the season and give him and any leaving players a send off at the last home game.

Also, Covid Tiger must be the most disruptive poster since Flow. 2 separate threads wanting to get rid of Powell and it's only just gone 9am.
Exactly. Whilst Powell is our coach, he has MY support. He will want Warrington to fail this season so, when he goes there and turns it around, he’ll be seen as the messiah.

Look how it panned out for David Moyes following a successful coach like Sir. Alex???

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 12 May 2021, 11:17

Whether we let Powell go now or at the season end the outcome will be the same for next season. Every main man in any industry, sport or other business have a tried and trusted team at management and operational level.
If we were to pay him off now it would cost the club more money as we would have to pay Radford too.
Just ket it pan out is my vote

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 May 2021, 11:40

I don't doubt Powell wants Cas to win this year.
I'm uncomfortable with the thought that he isn't interested in our success beyond this year, though. In fact, it is in his best interests to make us weaker by persuading our current players to move to Warrington.
However, he could anyway - stopping him working at the club doesn't stop him talking to our players.
I'd leave it for now. But if Price is sacked at Warrington, Powell wants to go early and Warrington are willing to pay a fee for that to happen then I think it could be best all round.

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 12 May 2021, 11:58

Exactly Nottingham,
If they want him early let em pay us.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 May 2021, 12:11

Whose Mr. Gattan?

Lock Lane Punt

Post by Lock Lane Punt » 12 May 2021, 12:17

Clearly not a proper Cas fan!!

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 12 May 2021, 12:19

Altofts tiger25 wrote: 12 May 2021, 11:17 Whether we let Powell go now or at the season end the outcome will be the same for next season. Every main man in any industry, sport or other business have a tried and trusted team at management and operational level.
If we were to pay him off now it would cost the club more money as we would have to pay Radford too.
Just ket it pan out is my vote
Absolutely spot on.
Daryl leaving now will remove any restrictions on him formally talking to players about next year.
Leave him in charge

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 12 May 2021, 12:23

Said it on other threads and I'll say it again, whether Powell is still at Cas or released, he'll still have his shopping list and will still talk to the players. Getting rid won't change anything.

Grattan's role should be to secure the players Radders wants, paying the right salary to keep current or tempt new.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2021, 12:33

FIat Capper wrote: 12 May 2021, 12:23 Said it on other threads and I'll say it again, whether Powell is still at Cas or released, he'll still have his shopping list and will still talk to the players. Getting rid won't change anything.

Grattan's role should be to secure the players Radders wants, paying the right salary to keep current or tempt new.
Correct and if Powells anything about him he won't be looking to take Cas players with him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 May 2021, 13:01

covid tiger wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:04 You are letting a bloke rip the soul out of a club in hope we can have a decent season.... Another player set to join Powell and it won't be the last... Whilst Powell wants a last hoorah... Listen to the fans we want a club with a solid future and our not a laughing stock!!!! Get that man out of our club now!
Am sure Warrington will be getting information from our coaches for the semi or
What a load of Horlicks.

You've made yourself look even dafter by attempting to speak for us all - especially when you can't even take the time to get the basic spelling correct to back up your point.

You've had a plenty of feedback from other forum users on what you persist on posting (which, at best, belongs in the Rumour thread) - are you need reading it, digesting it & understanding the general sentiment?

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 12 May 2021, 14:12

covid tiger wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:04 You are letting a bloke rip the soul out of a club in hope we can have a decent season.... Another player set to join Powell and it won't be the last... Whilst Powell wants a last hoorah... Listen to the fans we want a club with a solid future and our not a laughing stock!!!! Get that man out of our club now!
Am sure Warrington will be getting information from our coaches for the semi or Mr Powell and his team may have a bigger budget next year if wire get to Wembley..

Please let Lee take us to Wembley he has the experience and no split loyalty.
That's ridiculous don't think Warrington need inside information how to beat us just take maca out off game and look angry at Trueman should do it. Getting rid off powell now won't stop wire poaching are players or any off the richer clubs

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2021, 14:20

Trueman is as tough as nails don't know why you need to keep putting him down
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 May 2021, 14:22

tigerfeat wrote: 12 May 2021, 14:20 Trueman is as tough as nails don't know why you need to keep putting him down
Because it makes them feel less inadequate to slag young players of (sic) whilst a hiding behind they’re (sic) keyboard.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 12 May 2021, 14:35

Fumper27 wrote: 12 May 2021, 14:22
tigerfeat wrote: 12 May 2021, 14:20 Trueman is as tough as nails don't know why you need to keep putting him down
Because it makes them feel less inadequate to slag young players of (sic) whilst a hiding behind they’re (sic) keyboard.
No slagging easy way to beat us at the moment fact stop are main play makers is quite easy at the minute only maca shows up when playing top teams sure top coaches no this don't need inside information off powell as the poster suggests

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 12 May 2021, 19:03

Not sure if anyone else said this but could we not have radders come in now and work alongside powell. Our new coach needs to see who he wants to keep and not just from videos but how people train and their attitudes. He could also see first hand what young talent we have on the fringes of the 1st team as will not likely see them in action this season for 1st team

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 12 May 2021, 19:55

People are allowed to be peed off with Powell and not rate Trueman. It's their opinion and their entitled to it. If you dont agree with it then that's upto you but dont think your the authority on everything on this forum because you're really not.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 May 2021, 20:30

westerbeast73 wrote: 12 May 2021, 19:55 People are allowed to be peed off with Powell and not rate Trueman. It's their opinion and their entitled to it. If you dont agree with it then that's upto you but dont think your the authority on everything on this forum because you're really not.
People are allowed to be fine with Powell and rate Trueman. It's their opinion and they’re entitled to it. If you dont agree with it, that's up to you but don't think your the authority on everything on this forum because you're really not.

Do you not see the irony Westerbeast73 that you are doing exactly what you’re telling others not to do?

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 13 May 2021, 00:34

I think its unfortunate the club are in this position.

As we get told over and over in the compliance training where I work, it doesn’t matter if there actually is a conflict of interest or not, the mere appearance of a conflict of interest is enough to be a problem.

Clearly there is an appearance of a conflict of interest even if Daryl is a man of the highest integrity (which I think he is).

In my opinion either Warrington should have announced this at the end of the season, or Cas should have agreed Daryl leave immediately as part of him getting out of his Cas contract.

I hope the team go on to do great things this season, but no matter what this coaching situation will always be awkward now.