We Want radders now...... Mr gattan

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: We Want radders now...... Mr gattan

Post by tallguyx » 13 May 2021, 18:25

SFOtiger wrote: 13 May 2021, 00:34 I think its unfortunate the club are in this position.

As we get told over and over in the compliance training where I work, it doesn’t matter if there actually is a conflict of interest or not, the mere appearance of a conflict of interest is enough to be a problem.

Clearly there is an appearance of a conflict of interest even if Daryl is a man of the highest integrity (which I think he is).

In my opinion either Warrington should have announced this at the end of the season, or Cas should have agreed Daryl leave immediately as part of him getting out of his Cas contract.

I hope the team go on to do great things this season, but no matter what this coaching situation will always be awkward now.
There’s no way in hell that he hasn’t chatted to Oliver Holmes about switching. I’m still of the opinion that he should go now and take all deserters (including all his back room)with him. It dosent sit right with me at all.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 13 May 2021, 18:38

SFOtiger are you with AC12.
It is an unenviable position but not unique.
Even if he had gone as soon as the news broke.
He could have still courted players or they could have contacted him.
Trying to improve one's prospects, whenever is pretty natural.
So it remains to see what transpires.
It does not always go the way of the rumours ala N Evalds
As has been stated many times before and still holds true the really loyal one's are those who pay to watch.
Speaking of which can't wait until Monday.
But l guess I'll have to.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 13 May 2021, 19:01

covid tiger wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:04 You are letting a bloke rip the soul out of a club in hope we can have a decent season.... Another player set to join Powell and it won't be the last... Whilst Powell wants a last hoorah... Listen to the fans we want a club with a solid future and our not a laughing stock!!!! Get that man out of our club now!
Am sure Warrington will be getting information from our coaches for the semi or Mr Powell and his team may have a bigger budget next year if wire get to Wembley..

Please let Lee take us to Wembley he has the experience and no split loyalty.
No WE don't....
TM Out

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 May 2021, 19:18

covid tiger wrote: 12 May 2021, 09:04 You are letting a bloke rip the soul out of a club in hope we can have a decent season.... Another player set to join Powell and it won't be the last... Whilst Powell wants a last hoorah... Listen to the fans we want a club with a solid future and our not a laughing stock!!!! Get that man out of our club now!
Am sure Warrington will be getting information from our coaches for the semi or Mr Powell and his team may have a bigger budget next year if wire get to Wembley..

Please let Lee take us to Wembley he has the experience and no split loyalty.
Who you even talking about now ?

So far you are 0/1000 with you rumoured signings.

Seriously stop listening to whoever is feeding you b*llshit on a daily basis.

And its Grattan by the way

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 14 May 2021, 00:32

casjunction wrote: 13 May 2021, 18:38 SFOtiger are you with AC12.
It is an unenviable position but not unique.
Even if he had gone as soon as the news broke.
He could have still courted players or they could have contacted him.
Trying to improve one's prospects, whenever is pretty natural.
So it remains to see what transpires.
It does not always go the way of the rumours ala N Evalds
As has been stated many times before and still holds true the really loyal one's are those who pay to watch.
Speaking of which can't wait until Monday.
But l guess I'll have to.
Heh - no I had to Google AC12 to see what that was. I’m a computer guy, but they make us go through all this training annually lol.

I agree with a lot of your points. I think what grates is that yes he could have courted the players after he’d left (and maybe moreso as he’d have no expectation of loyalty to Cas at all then), the fact that he is still paid by Cas and with the lads daily, and _could_ be courting them doesn’t sit right with many folk.

I agree - roll on Monday! Hope those of you who can go in person have a great night!

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 15 May 2021, 08:38

How many cas players are approaching Powell about playing at Warrington? Powell has been a great coach for us and it wouldn’t surprise me that players want to follow him.
I appreciate Powell will have one eye on next year but I believe his main objective this season is cas and Warrington in the semis will be no different. Ultimately if we loose a few to wire let them go, we don’t no the circumstances of their decision. I certainly don’t believe Powell deserves anything less than our full support.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 May 2021, 09:04

Absolutely