Oliver Holmes.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Oliver Holmes.

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 May 2021, 18:16

Hope it’s not true, but presumably most of this info must come from greedy agents who are trying to ratchet up player salaries to line their own pockets.
I personally believe that Powell has more class than that, but we shall see.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 11 May 2021, 18:19

Warrinton seem to be signing players from all over is all there team of now packing it in for pastures new

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 11 May 2021, 18:19

Never mind we can always build the team round Massey

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 11 May 2021, 18:23

Be intresting semi final will he pick a poor team to give his new team a win. Will he heck he will be committed to his present contract confident in that . Whys it powell fault player's want to leave they can say no my loyalty is to cas. Just shows every body as a price in sport even the most loyal.. Nobody's fault we not got a rich sugar daddy to fund big transfers and wages just how it is maybe one day we might who nows.

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 11 May 2021, 18:26

Sadly the damage has now been done as Daryll will have been in the ears of all of the Cas players that he would like to take with him to the Wolves.
If any of these players on Powell's hit list were also out of contract at the end of the 2021 season, then who's to blame as they are free to speak to other clubs?
Could you blame Oli for taking up a lucrative deal at Wolves?

2022 is going to be a new era for the club with a new coach and also potentially quite a few players moving out in one way or another

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 May 2021, 18:30

Wire must be offering him a massive contract if he is willing to walk away when he must be due a testimonial season shortly.
Be sad to see him go but he as had plenty of injury issues over the years and I wouldn't want the club to over pay to keep him.
It is about time though that we started targetting some of their players we are all working to the same salary cap so we should be able to compete with them.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2021, 18:33

No chance they will be offering him a massive contract I wouldn't have thought....maybe more than Cas were offering tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 11 May 2021, 18:37

tigerfeat wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:33 No chance they will be offering him a massive contract I wouldn't have thought....maybe more than Cas were offering tho
That's my take on it too tigerfeat and he will probably be signing for 2 or 3 years too

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 11 May 2021, 18:39

If this is true I will be gutted and will join the get Powell out now brigade.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 May 2021, 18:44

Fact is we have no idea if Powell has been in anyone’s ear.
If true about Peanut and Ogi, one has a brother at Saints. He comes from the other side of the world and it is likely to be family driven so any move would probably be self-motivated.
Ogi is a one club man who has done great service. He’s reaching a stage of his career when there won’t be many more contracts. If he wants to get out there and see how good he is at the age of 28 who can blame him?
Even if he ends up at Wire it doesn’t mean Powell has been doing his agent’s work for him.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2021, 18:48

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:44 Fact is we have no idea if Powell has been in anyone’s ear.
If true about Peanut and Ogi, one has a brother at Saints. He comes from the other side of the world and it is likely to be family driven so any move would probably be self-motivated.
Ogi is a one club man who has done great service. He’s reaching a stage of his career when there won’t be many more contracts. If he wants to get out there and see how good he is at the age of 28 who can blame him?
Even if he ends up at Wire it doesn’t mean Powell has been doing his agent’s work for him.
Trueman ok I get that Warrington might have been in for him anyway players like Holmes and Mautautia no I'm not having that they would have looked at them without Powells involvement ....that's If it's all ttue
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 May 2021, 18:52

tigerfeat wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:48
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:44 Fact is we have no idea if Powell has been in anyone’s ear.
Trueman ok I get that Warrington might have been in for him anyway players like Holmes and Mautautia no I'm not having that they would have looked at them without Powells involvement ....that's If it's all ttue
Yes it’s a big ‘if’ which is why I put the post on about agents

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 11 May 2021, 18:53

Maybe Radders doesn’t want him. And if he is off to Wire, what happens to Ben Currie? I have to say also that I’ve always respected Matt Shaw as a rugby journalist but it seems since he left league Express, he’s turned into the new Dave nosey Parker, feeding of tittle tattle that he picks up on social media. One thing for certain though, he’s not doing himself any favours with the clubs with the constant unsettling information/rumours he’s posting daily. They’ll end up barring him if he isn’t careful.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2021, 18:59

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:52
tigerfeat wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:48
Yes it’s a big ‘if’ which is why I put the post on about agents
Yeah see how things unfold some of the stuff is just been made up I believe
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 11 May 2021, 18:59

This one would REALLY cheese me off IF true.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 May 2021, 19:00

daytona wrote: 11 May 2021, 18:53 Maybe Radders doesn’t want him. And if he is off to Wire, what happens to Ben Currie? I have to say also that I’ve always respected Matt Shaw as a rugby journalist but it seems since he left league Express, he’s turned into the new Dave nosey Parker, feeding of tittle tattle that he picks up on social media. One thing for certain though, he’s not doing himself any favours with the clubs with the constant unsettling information/rumours he’s posting daily. They’ll end up barring him if he isn’t careful.
Just thinking same mate
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 May 2021, 19:03

I would lose all respect for Oggy if he leaves us for Warrington. Im not to fussed about one or 2 of the names being linked to leave, but this one would leave a sour taste. I think the last 18 month he's stepped up and become an important player at the club, so much I'd have him vice captain.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 May 2021, 19:03

Good post Daytona

Abdul Mohammed
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Abdul Mohammed » 11 May 2021, 19:09

heritage1926 wrote: 11 May 2021, 19:03 I would lose all respect for Oggy if he leaves us for Warrington. Im not to fussed about one or 2 of the names being linked to leave, but this one would leave a sour taste. I think the last 18 month he's stepped up and become an important player at the club, so much I'd have him vice captain.
I'd have no qualms about him or any player leaving, it's just the way or the world and especially the way of Cas. The only loyal people at Cas are the fans. It would just rankle him going to Wire, it wouldn't just be a coincidence, It wouldbe Powell doing his future employers business whilst still on the Cas payroll.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 May 2021, 19:20

Not necessarily