Ten team super league

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Ten team super league

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Apr 2021, 20:59

Makes sense

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Apr 2021, 10:17

I don't see why we should be worried. If it was based purely on grounds, then yes, but any franchise system isn't.

We are a regular play off team, one of only 6 (I think) teams to have won the league leaders, have been in 2 finals in last 7 years, no relegation recently (and not without a club cheating and being punishes for it)and outstanding youth set up.

Before we went, ask the same questions of wakey, leigh, Salford, kr, Huddersfield.

Then look at teams who rent their grounds and have no say in when they can play as it's used primarily for another sport. These teams have nothing but a name. Wigan, Huddersfield, Hull.

So it leaves the towns of Warrington. Saints and whatever catalans are. Plus Leeds.
2 towns. Like us. Not cities

So many reasons why it's not going to be Cas.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 30 Apr 2021, 12:01

I agree Mart - I honestly don’t think we’d have too much to worry about to be honest.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Apr 2021, 14:09

derbystiger wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 12:01 I agree Mart - I honestly don’t think we’d have too much to worry about to be honest.
Unless the dreaded M word starts being used by some clubs and the media!!!!!

KnockerNorton

Post by KnockerNorton » 30 Apr 2021, 15:06

I would have thought Cas would be a shoe in for the upper tier. Ideally placed on the M62 corridor of the heartlands of Rugby League, a well run club with a rich history and regular, consistent high league placings. If they want a new look game, they should also help develop and possibly fast track the likes of Halifax, a Cumbrian team , Bradford and possibly Doncaster. Featherstone would be a good shout too. What do Catalans offer on away trips, yet they are accommodated in the name of expansion so if that is the case, redevelop the once great traditional clubs that are screaming out for something new.
Before anyone calls me crazy (too late)I firmly believe they should concentrate in reinvigorating the game where it is traditionally played and build from that. As badly run as Bradford had been, the sport needs their fanbase at the top level. Same with Hull KR, as much as it pains me as a Hull fan, can the game really demote a team with an average of around 8000 home attendees that also travel in numbers generating revenue for the game? Expansion and the plans for new clubs is fine, when you have a strong product that gains swelled support from the heartlands of the game.