STEVE GILL

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: STEVE GILL

Post by SuffolkTiger » 03 May 2021, 20:20

The facts are - despite some drivel posted about retail outlets - out of town retail developments are still good to go.

Yes, lockdown has paused some activity, but if hasn't sent it off into the long grass for good.

Anyone in or around J32 this morning would have experienced gridlock. Only went out for an Eccles cake & a paper but what was all that about?

Town centres are in trouble - out of town sites are on the up. Accept this as fact.

Don't give up on the new stadium yet - just because the flags ars tatty.....

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 03 May 2021, 20:38

SuffolkTiger wrote: 03 May 2021, 20:20Anyone in or around J32 this morning would have experienced gridlock. Only went out for an Eccles cake & a paper but what was all that about?
McDonald's, unfortunately. I think J32 was pretty busy, but the strange British habit of being more than happy to queue in a car for an hour or so, for a mediocre burger, is a main reason for the gridlock in that area.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 May 2021, 22:37

SuffolkTiger wrote: 03 May 2021, 20:20 The facts are - despite some drivel posted about retail outlets - out of town retail developments are still good to go.

Yes, lockdown has paused some activity, but if hasn't sent it off into the long grass for good.

Anyone in or around J32 this morning would have experienced gridlock. Only went out for an Eccles cake & a paper but what was all that about?

Town centres are in trouble - out of town sites are on the up. Accept this as fact.

Don't give up on the new stadium yet - just because the flags ars tatty.....
Stacking big developments up, particularly retail ones are always tricky and can take years, then marker conditions change, all the ducks suddenly line up, and off it goes. It’s frustrating and sometimes it doesn’t happen but it’s the reality of projects like this.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 04 May 2021, 18:51

Managing Director of Cas tigers is that MG official position?

Is he an employee. of the club ?

To answer your points.

I am a happy chap who has no issue with fairness.

As a shareholder I and others put cash into the club. We didn't expect a return on that money.
However once a year we had a meeting and we met as Adults until it was decided that we should no longer be in a position to challenge to directors.

Even during the RW years he was accountable and had an annual meeting but this lot feel they are above the constitution of the club.

They cannot be bothered to post out copies of the accounts.
I wonder why they feel they cannot share them or have a meeting?

Under previous Chairmen there was never an issue.

I continually worry that we are being led down a one way track............from which there is no return.

If you think Supporters are treated fairly then fine.

I shall retire once more
robbo
Truth is always best !

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 05 May 2021, 12:30

Dont agree with all of your points of view Hudds but they are all balanced and well reasoned.

Many on this forum and I am sure many others of this type, are only happy when the club, the team and individual players are struggling/losing/performing poorly, its a sad fact of life.

Glad you are back on the frum and posting regularly again, I for one enjoy reading them.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 May 2021, 15:01

So who do you see as only happy when things aren’t going well?

Would you like to share your views as to who they are and how you know?

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 May 2021, 16:29

Well there's some development going on in Glasshouhton. Something is being built next to Aldi don't know what though spotted it this morning when I was in that gridlock.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 05 May 2021, 17:23

Piquad1 wrote: 05 May 2021, 16:29 Well there's some development going on in Glasshouhton. Something is being built next to Aldi don't know what though spotted it this morning when I was in that gridlock.
Don't get too excited. They're just building units for new businesses.