Plot thickens..

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Plot thickens..

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 16 Apr 2021, 16:50

Theres too much hysteria around all of this.
Im sure that Powell will know what he wants and needs for 2022 and we could also tell him who he needs for Warrington.
Trueman may go to Warrington, but hes equally vunerable to move to Leeds/Saints/ Wigan/NRL as all of our stars always have been.
What would Powell want for this season to coast to 8th or win a Trophy and make a real go for the League. I cant see him not wanting any other than the best for Castleford as it will reflect on him.
As for people saying they had enough and walking away, We are currently Joint top and in the Cup Quarter Finals. What more can we ask for at this stage of the season.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Apr 2021, 16:54

North Leeds Tiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 16:50 Theres too much hysteria around all of this.
Im sure that Powell will know what he wants and needs for 2022 and we could also tell him who he needs for Warrington.
Trueman may go to Warrington, but hes equally vunerable to move to Leeds/Saints/ Wigan/NRL as all of our stars always have been.
What would Powell want for this season to coast to 8th or win a Trophy and make a real go for the League. I cant see him not wanting any other than the best for Castleford as it will reflect on him.
As for people saying they had enough and walking away, We are currently Joint top and in the Cup Quarter Finals. What more can we ask for at this stage of the season.
This

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 16 Apr 2021, 17:50

Bin him now and any players that want to leave too. Don't care who they are they can foxtrot oscar. See if the grass is greener, May 1st clubs can talk to our out of contract players I think? Is he just going to do that on our time.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2021, 18:16

1. Powell is going to want the players whether he is or here not. He can talk to them whether he is here or not. I don't see what difference it honestly makes either way. He's off, the players know he's off. To be honest, it is probably better for him to be employed by us anyway so we are covered in terms of the RFL rules. If he isn't employed by us, he's not under contract to anyone. Remember he's not yet - theoretically - employed by Warrington until December.

2. If it isn't Powell, the players know where he is going and so may want to go anyway.

3. If it isn't Powell or the players, the agents will know where he is going and I've no doubt be in the ear to a few players too across the board from all clubs.

There is literally nothing the club can do and quite frankly I want players that want to play for the club. There's potentially higher wages on offer with so many off contract and the captaincy up for grabs. There's also the chance to work under a new coach, and we don't know who that is yet.

I also think a lot of people are doing Powell a disservice. A lot of people, players and off field staff alike, took a paycut last year to help keep our club afloat. I'm not sure if Powell did but I presume he did, and if so he has every right to renegotiate the terms of his contract if we are changing the financial amount. With no guarantee of us returning to that amount (again assuming it wasn't temporary), I understand why he may feel security and the best financials for himself at the late stage of his career.

Warrington are still tied to a salary cap and let's be fair, with the squad they have, they hardly need to recruit many players. In all honesty, it is more than likely Fitzpatrick will be doing the work and Powell will be saying yes or no.

Finally, he's got a lot of integrity as a coach. He's honest and a decent bloke and I want him to end his time with us on a high after everything he's done for us as a club.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 16 Apr 2021, 20:49

Hypothetically if wire were needing a win against us on the last day of the season to stay up, do you think DP would carry out his duty as Cas coach and pick his best team? A very strange situation this is.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 16 Apr 2021, 23:12

Exiled wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 20:49 Hypothetically if wire were needing a win against us on the last day of the season to stay up, do you think DP would carry out his duty as Cas coach and pick his best team? A very strange situation this is.
Why make up a situation what won't happen?
TM Out

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 17 Apr 2021, 11:33

scottiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 23:12
Exiled wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 20:49 Hypothetically if wire were needing a win against us on the last day of the season to stay up, do you think DP would carry out his duty as Cas coach and pick his best team? A very strange situation this is.
Why make up a situation what won't happen?
You appear to be somewhat challenged on the language front. Grasping the premise of a hypothetical question is, it seems a step too far for you to comprehend.