Plot thickens..

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Plot thickens..

Post by covid tiger » 16 Apr 2021, 09:22

According to the Manchester evening news Warrington wolves CEO has confirmed Daryl Powell is sole in charge of recruitment for 2022 and Daryl is already planning his squad.. :shock: and that he (CEO) won't be handling current contract negotiations.

Is this not a conflict of interest seriously? I like Daryl but I am getting concerned? His he not doing Warrington work already on the Cas payroll?

Tim Sheens agreed to become Hull kr coach whilst still serving as Salford head coach but was forced to stand down due to internal conflicts later coming to light...

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Plot thickens..

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2021, 10:02

if we let DP go now he is going to need paying till the end of the season

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 16 Apr 2021, 10:14

That line about he's already planning next seasons squad is an absolute joke. Daryl needs to remember who's paying his wages. This is unfortunately the mess many people predicted with this situation.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 16 Apr 2021, 10:44

Like I've said for months, Powell won't be at Cas all this season.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Apr 2021, 10:48

My concern has always been that there is the potential for Powell to persuade our current players not to sign a new contract so that Warrington can make them an offer once the anti-tampering deadline has passed.
I hope he has a bit more professionalism and integrity, but it is certainly a possibility.

There certainly is a conflict of interest if Cas and Warrington both approach the same players for 2022 and Powell knows how much we have offered them, so he can pitch Warrington's offer slightly higher.

I'm uncomfortable with our head coach recruiting for another team. My view would be that if Warrington want him to work for them now so he can plan for the 2022 season, they need to offer us a fee for his services and he can go now.

We can't have a situation where our head coach is actively working for one of our rivals.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Apr 2021, 10:49

westerbeast73 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 10:44 Like I've said for months, Powell won't be at Cas all this season.
You’ve said a lot of things old boy. I particularly like the “McDermott has the job” posts that you repeated yet look like being wrong.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 16 Apr 2021, 11:10

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 10:48 My concern has always been that there is the potential for Powell to persuade our current players not to sign a new contract so that Warrington can make them an offer once the anti-tampering deadline has passed.
I hope he has a bit more professionalism and integrity, but it is certainly a possibility.

There certainly is a conflict of interest if Cas and Warrington both approach the same players for 2022 and Powell knows how much we have offered them, so he can pitch Warrington's offer slightly higher.

I'm uncomfortable with our head coach recruiting for another team. My view would be that if Warrington want him to work for them now so he can plan for the 2022 season, they need to offer us a fee for his services and he can go now.

We can't have a situation where our head coach is actively working for one of our rivals.
Proffessionalism and integrity??? does that include lying about his new job two days before Wire confirmed it?

DP has lost a lot of respect from myself and possibly a few more and we have to realise he can not be working in Cas's best interest at the moment.

The BOD should have held him to his existing contract, not shorten it so he can jump ship

Every year it seems the annual pecker up gets more and more surreal

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 16 Apr 2021, 11:15

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 10:49
westerbeast73 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 10:44 Like I've said for months, Powell won't be at Cas all this season.
You’ve said a lot of things old boy. I particularly like the “McDermott has the job” posts that you repeated yet look like being wrong.
I agree the guys so boring.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Apr 2021, 11:16

barking wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:10
nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 10:48 My concern has always been that there is the potential for Powell to persuade our current players not to sign a new contract so that Warrington can make them an offer once the anti-tampering deadline has passed.

Proffessionalism and integrity??? does that include lying about his new job two days before Wire confirmed it?

DP has lost a lot of respect from myself and possibly a few more and we have to realise he can not be working in Cas's best interest at the moment.

The BOD should have held him to his existing contract, not shorten it so he can jump ship

In fairness, it's pretty normal not to disclose information about movements between clubs (for both players and coaches) until the club release it.
What is not normal is for one club's head coach to be actively working for a rival club. If this is what is happening, he needs to go now.
It was a very strange decision to shorten his contract and meant Warrington (or any other club) could take him for nothing at the end of 2021, when they would have needed to pay a fee otherwise.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 16 Apr 2021, 11:19

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:16

In fairness, it's pretty normal not to disclose information about movements between clubs (for both players and coaches) until the club release it.
What is not normal is for one club's head coach to be actively working for a rival club. If this is what is happening, he needs to go now.
It was a very strange decision to shorten his contract and meant Warrington (or any other club) could take him for nothing at the end of 2021, when they would have needed to pay a fee otherwise.
DP could have dodged the question instead of lying outright, It makes me think what else is he lying about

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Apr 2021, 11:22

barking wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:19
nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:16

DP could have dodged the question instead of lying outright, It makes me think what else is he lying about
He said he hadn't signed. Technically, that could have been true. I don't have an issue with it - it's the norm for players and staff to deny anything until it is announced by the club.

What is not the norm, and what I have an issue with, is if Powell is actively working for Warrington during 2021.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 16 Apr 2021, 11:35

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:22

What is not the norm, and what I have an issue with, is if Powell is actively working for Warrington during 2021.
Win Win for DP and Warrington then ................................. you couldnt make this [REMOVED] up

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Apr 2021, 11:44

barking wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:35
nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 11:22

Win Win for DP and Warrington then ................................. you couldnt make this [REMOVED] up
Does that mean DP is getting paid now my Warrington.
If so, 2 wages, not bad going.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 16 Apr 2021, 12:14

Until Powell officially leaves Cas he has my backing. Hes our coached and totally turned the club around on the field

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 16 Apr 2021, 12:40

If Daryl is working with dire, spelling mistake no "mistake", isn't he in breach of his cas contract?
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 16 Apr 2021, 12:54

Well I have watched cas from the late fifty’s and I have seen the club in turmoil many times but this latest episode has pushed me over the edge and I am saying goodbye castleford i have had enough and I think there will be many more saying the same.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 16 Apr 2021, 13:06

Oldcasman wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 12:54 Well I have watched cas from the late fifty’s and I have seen the club in turmoil many times but this latest episode has pushed me over the edge and I am saying goodbye castleford i have had enough and I think there will be many more saying the same.
I appreciate some, if not all, reports are concerning but you have no idea what you're walking away from yet. Even if the comments are true, Cas could still go on and win the CC or GF but either way, the hopes and dreams dreams that got you though those dark days remain the same.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Apr 2021, 13:13

Oldcasman wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 12:54 Well I have watched cas from the late fifty’s and I have seen the club in turmoil many times but this latest episode has pushed me over the edge and I am saying goodbye castleford i have had enough and I think there will be many more saying the same.
:lol: :lol:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Apr 2021, 13:38

Bloody drama Queen. Times have been much worse before. Even as recently as 2013 when we were (apparently) 15 minutes away from administration was a lot worse than this.

Win tonight and we could go top on points difference
We’re in the quarter finals of the cup with a favourable draw

Oh for the days of home 4-72 hammerings and players like Ryan Clayton, Steve Nash, Lee Mitchell, Steve Snitch and Jamie Ellis

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 16 Apr 2021, 13:41

heritage1926 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 13:13
:lol: :lol:
Wow 😂 😂 two religations want turmoil times then. Peole, panicking just because powell wants to better is wage and secure is familly who wunt do same. We will get a new coach and the team wil go on be more worried about staduim