Leigh up next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leigh up next

Post by Hepworth7 » 12 Apr 2021, 18:05

Well the early betting has Cas at an unbackable 1-14,or if you fancy Evens Cas giving Leigh a 22 point head start. Way too short in my book but there'll be plenty who'll take the handicap odds.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 12 Apr 2021, 23:06

Anyone know if you can pay £4.95 to watch the game on Our League App? I know season ticket holders can watch it. I would be willing to pay the club for a code to watch it if possible.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Apr 2021, 23:23

usacas wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:06 Anyone know if you can pay £4.95 to watch the game on Our League App? I know season ticket holders can watch it. I would be willing to pay the club for a code to watch it if possible.
Great question usacas.

I e-mailed ourleague@streamamg.com this evening and asked for some help with it.

I don't understand why it's free (I think) to season ticket holders but anyone who is unable to have a season ticket (mainly geographical reasons but there are others that apply) can't pay to watch - even if it was more expensive than £4.95. The fact that we can't go to games at the moment makes it even more difficult to understand.

I've had the standard RFL response back ("as you are a season ticket holder....." :roll: ) but will update when something more helpful comes back.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Apr 2021, 23:30

Ridiculous if you can’t pay to watch it - they are streaming it anyway so what’s the issue? Well, we know the issue - 3 letters, RFL! If they won’t do it then the club should use it as a chance to make a few quid and sell streaming codes for non ST holders.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Apr 2021, 23:36

derbystiger wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:30 Ridiculous if you can’t pay to watch it - they are streaming it anyway so what’s the issue? Well, we know the issue - 3 letters, RFL! If they won’t do it then the club should use it as a chance to make a few quid and sell streaming codes for non ST holders.
Exactly. I would always prefer to go and watch a game live but there are times when it's just not practical when you don't live locally.

All clubs want to get fans into grounds but there is a balance to strike by providing a pay per view offer for those that can't get there - even if it's not a live stream. I'd happily pay £10 to watch Friday's game.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 12 Apr 2021, 23:42

derbystiger wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:30 Ridiculous if you can’t pay to watch it - they are streaming it anyway so what’s the issue? Well, we know the issue - 3 letters, RFL! If they won’t do it then the club should use it as a chance to make a few quid and sell streaming codes for non ST holders.
You got the letters wrong SKY ..... they own the rights .... Basically they'd be taking views away from sky ... Sky wont want it ..
TM Out

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Apr 2021, 23:49

scottiger wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:42
You got the letters wrong SKY ..... they own the rights .... Basically they'd be taking views away from sky ... Sky wont want it ..
It’s not on SKY. It’s being streamed to ST holders only on the our league app, which is run by the RFL

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Apr 2021, 23:54

Good point. But, if they are comfortable with season ticket holders watching games throughout the season, there must be room for negotiations.

Our KO on Friday doesn't clash with the HKR v Fartown game on SKY @ 7.45pm.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 12 Apr 2021, 23:55

I would gladly pay £10 to the club also for an access code. I live in the USA and don’t have Sky so it’s not taking a viewer away from them!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Apr 2021, 00:09

usacas wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:55 I would gladly pay £10 to the club also for an access code. I live in the USA and don’t have Sky so it’s not taking a viewer away from them!
Are you able to watch any games in bars over there local to you?

I spent too many hours in a bar called The Australian in Manhattan a few years ago watching aussie games. Loved it. Cracking watering hole.

I've just googled it and seen it's changed hands - nothing last forever.......

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/holding-la ... 54foi.html

Ferrytiger87

Post by Ferrytiger87 » 13 Apr 2021, 00:49

Will the game be on TigerTV afterwards????

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 13 Apr 2021, 04:13

SuffolkTiger wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 23:54
Good point. But, if they are comfortable with season ticket holders watching games throughout the season, there must be room for negotiations.

Our KO on Friday doesn't clash with the HKR v Fartown game on SKY @ 7.45pm.
I think that's what you call a compromise between sky and the rfl . I agree its rubbish but I still think it's more of a sky issue tbh .
TM Out

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 13 Apr 2021, 04:31

Shhhhh.kodi.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Apr 2021, 06:23

ST holders have paid money up front and can’t go to the game. That’s why the ST fans get the game free. If you can’t/don’t have a ST for whatever reason then unfortunately you wouldn’t see the game as it is.

As for anyone paying for the game then I agree it should be available to purchase and the money shared between the club and whoever owns the rights. Surely this is a simple and easy option if the game is already available?

This for me would be a great opportunity to raise some much needed finances all round.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2021, 06:47

It's another pecker up losing a lot of money not having anybody who wants to buy the match to watch being able to
What other sport would do other than Rugby League
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 Apr 2021, 07:02

ST holders have effectively already paid £20 for this game. I think if it was to be offered to everyone, then you’d expect it to have be around this cost in order for it to be fair.

What doesn’t help is the illegal steaming sites that show the game to people who choose not to pay. A bit like last week. Every person who chooses not to pay contributes to the game losing money. Let’s face it, £4.95 wasn’t a lot of money for a live game that was otherwise unavailable to watch live.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2021, 07:27

I've got a season ticket I couldn't care less if the bloke next door who's not got one can buy vision of the game for a tenner
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 13 Apr 2021, 07:46

I was actually trying to speak from an “outsider”’s point of view, trying to suggest what the stance of the RFL may be with this decision to restrict viewers. Having said that, I often find myself scratching my head with RFL decisions, thinking “how the hell did they come up with that?!”

With respect to streaming to non-ST holders, I also would welcome the game being offered to more people - in fact, as many as possible, as we currently need people to watch and invest in the sport in the future.

I’m a ST holder; luckily I’m in a position where I was able to donate the cost of it last year and I will again this year if necessary (we effectively already are by losing the lockdown home games to Sky tv coverage) - but that doesn’t matter. The club, and the game as a whole, has to survive.

Unfortunately it looks like the RFL have made their decision and we have to accept it. Roll on June, when all restrictions are removed.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2021, 08:01

I agree that now is a great opportunity to get as many people watching the game online as possible before they get back into old pre Covid routines or take up completely new ones
Whilst Sky has helped the game financially, it has reduced its national profile from the days when the BBC provided all the coverage. The danger now is that the fan base could shrink even more. Sky is an expensive luxury in tough times.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Apr 2021, 08:21

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 06:23 ST holders have paid money up front and can’t go to the game. That’s why the ST fans get the game free. If you can’t/don’t have a ST for whatever reason then unfortunately you wouldn’t see the game as it is.

As for anyone paying for the game then I agree it should be available to purchase and the money shared between the club and whoever owns the rights. Surely this is a simple and easy option if the game is already available?

This for me would be a great opportunity to raise some much needed finances all round.
Spot on LT. I'd be happy to pay the going rate. I thought £4.95 was a bit of a bargain.