Powell and Co... Its time to go......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Powell and Co... Its time to go......

Post by on side » 13 Apr 2021, 13:30

StevieTheTV wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:14
HuddsTigers wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 12:47We were lucky and it was an undeserved win.
In the history of sport, there are never any undeserved wins. The team with the most points at the end deserves to win regardless of performance.
Any body who thinks Hull kr game was a good performance must have being wearing sunglasses 😎. Entertaining yes but not good play like, that again nine, times out off ten you going to get beat.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Apr 2021, 13:54

people are under estimating HKR they had taken two of the big boys close before playing us they are no whipping boys

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Apr 2021, 13:56

gateman wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:54 people are under estimating HKR they had taken two of the big boys close before playing us they are no whipping boys
Not sure they took them close. Got nulled vs Saints

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2021, 14:16

Swagger wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:56
gateman wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:54 people are under estimating HKR they had taken two of the big boys close before playing us they are no whipping boys
Not sure they took them close. Got nulled vs Saints
😂😂😂

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Apr 2021, 20:06

StevieTheTV wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:14
HuddsTigers wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 12:47We were lucky and it was an undeserved win.
In the history of sport, there are never any undeserved wins. The team with the most points at the end deserves to win regardless of performance.
I disagree. Sport is more often than not dictated by luck. A bounce of the ball. A reffing decision. An unexpected breeze. A blade of glass tripping an opposition player.

IMO we were out played for a good 55-60 mins of that game, a lot down to our own errors. We had two good 15 mins spells in each half to get us points to keep in touching distance.

A better side would have dispatched us easily. That's no disrespect to KR but a top 4 side would have choked the game out.

Given the period of extra time too, we were very lucky that KR were as bad as us and fortunate to get that many decent chances.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Apr 2021, 20:20

27 points to 10 from half time to the end of extra time. Can’t put that down to luck or being undeserved in my book. But there you go neither subjective view is better or more correct than the other.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 14 Apr 2021, 12:05

Back on the question of the thread, with many reports of Trueman on his way to the Wire, I assume the poster would prefer it if our squad was decimated this season?

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 15 Apr 2021, 12:16

on side wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 13:30 Any body who thinks Hull kr game was a good performance must have being wearing sunglasses 😎. Entertaining yes but not good play like, that again nine, times out off ten you going to get beat.
Never said it was a good performance, just said we deserved the win because we scored more points.
HuddsTigers wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 20:06 I disagree. Sport is more often than not dictated by luck. A bounce of the ball. A reffing decision. An unexpected breeze. A blade of glass tripping an opposition player.

IMO we were out played for a good 55-60 mins of that game, a lot down to our own errors. We had two good 15 mins spells in each half to get us points to keep in touching distance.

A better side would have dispatched us easily. That's no disrespect to KR but a top 4 side would have choked the game out.

Given the period of extra time too, we were very lucky that KR were as bad as us and fortunate to get that many decent chances.
The simple fact of the matter is that in 25 years time, it will say Cas bt HKR, it wont have an asterisk next to it.

Again, doesnt matter if they outplayed us for 75 minutes....aslong as we score more in the remaining 5 minutes we deserve to win.

I once remember going to a game at The Willows, we lost 4-0. We were miles the better team that day, did we deserve to win? No because we didnt score enough points. Simple as that.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Apr 2021, 12:25

Remember that match. Pretty sure Simon Middleton had a try disallowed. That was unlucky!

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 15 Apr 2021, 12:30

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 12:25 Remember that match. Pretty sure Simon Middleton had a try disallowed. That was unlucky!
Correct. It was a strange game, didnt feel like a loss on the way home.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2021, 14:30

The interesting line for me is:

“It was important we had the coach in place....”

Thing is, they haven’t yet as he is still contracted and been paid to do a job for us.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Apr 2021, 14:36

Fumper27 wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 14:30
The interesting line for me is:

“It was important we had the coach in place....”

Thing is, they haven’t yet as he is still contracted and been paid to do a job for us.
Hmmmm 🧐

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Apr 2021, 15:05

As much as I don’t like it and could start to question where DP’s loyalties will be over the coming weeks, you’ve gotta say fair play to Warrington for how they’ve planned things to give their new coach the best chance to assemble his own squad for next season and hit the ground running. If only we had a board that prepared our club so well! Maybe, for the good of everyone moving forward, as soon as our new coach is announced we should get him in to do his planning and let DP move on to his next chapter.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 15 Apr 2021, 15:13

In fairness, how do you know that Cas haven't planned accordingly?

They're effectively only a few weeks behind Warrington, having had to react due to the news Daryl had secured a new role.

Warrington had the advantage of securing their coach before us, and therefore forcing Cas' hand somewhat with the news, and thus exposing Cas to criticism from the fans. Warrington also have the money to throw around the marketplace (legitimately or not, who knows?) and unsettle players and fans alike.

I think it's the waiting for the announcement of Cas' new coach that's causing the fans to be frustrated with lots of things that depend on the choice.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Apr 2021, 15:24

Burratha wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:13 In fairness, how do you know that Cas haven't planned accordingly?

They're effectively only a few weeks behind Warrington, having had to react due to the news Daryl had secured a new role.

Warrington had the advantage of securing their coach before us, and therefore forcing Cas' hand somewhat with the news, and thus exposing Cas to criticism from the fans. Warrington also have the money to throw around the marketplace (legitimately or not, who knows?) and unsettle players and fans alike.

I think it's the waiting for the announcement of Cas' new coach that's causing the fans to be frustrated with lots of things that depend on the choice.
Sorry but I have to disagree that Warrington had the advantage. It has already been documented that the talks regarding DP leaving at the end of this season were held at the back end of last year. So, where he would be going to should have had no bearing on things. The club knew months ago he would be going and so should have had the plans sorted by now - DP being announced as Warrington head coach has nothing to do with it. We didn’t have to ‘react’ to that news at all - the club knew long before that announcement he would be going.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 15 Apr 2021, 15:32

So DP is effectively doing two jobs is he? How can Cas be his priority this season if he is recruiting for his new club.

The whole affair sickens me, we are taking it up the arse just to keep warrington and DP happy.

I can just see the one on one coaching chats with Truey etc

I will show as much loyalty as DP has shown and say, as soon as we employ a coach DP has to go

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 15 Apr 2021, 15:49

barking wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:32
So DP is effectively doing two jobs is he? How can Cas be his priority this season if he is recruiting for his new club.

The whole affair sickens me, we are taking it up the arse just to keep warrington and DP happy.

I will show as much loyalty as DP has shown and say, as soon as we employ a coach DP has to go
Stinks mate, only us daft enough to let it happen.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Apr 2021, 15:55

barking wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:32

Exactly if it wernt for the fact it was Cas involved you couldn't make it up
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 15 Apr 2021, 16:34

Fans are always last to know especially if your a CAS fan. I believe we have a great fan base second to none the club should realise this and be more transparent on coming forward with club news. A disgruntled fan will soon get fed up with being taken for granted. Upset the fans at your peril without us there's no Club.