Powell and Co... Its time to go......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Powell and Co... Its time to go......

Post by derbystiger » 15 Apr 2021, 15:24

Burratha wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:13 In fairness, how do you know that Cas haven't planned accordingly?

They're effectively only a few weeks behind Warrington, having had to react due to the news Daryl had secured a new role.

Warrington had the advantage of securing their coach before us, and therefore forcing Cas' hand somewhat with the news, and thus exposing Cas to criticism from the fans. Warrington also have the money to throw around the marketplace (legitimately or not, who knows?) and unsettle players and fans alike.

I think it's the waiting for the announcement of Cas' new coach that's causing the fans to be frustrated with lots of things that depend on the choice.
Sorry but I have to disagree that Warrington had the advantage. It has already been documented that the talks regarding DP leaving at the end of this season were held at the back end of last year. So, where he would be going to should have had no bearing on things. The club knew months ago he would be going and so should have had the plans sorted by now - DP being announced as Warrington head coach has nothing to do with it. We didn’t have to ‘react’ to that news at all - the club knew long before that announcement he would be going.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 15 Apr 2021, 15:32

So DP is effectively doing two jobs is he? How can Cas be his priority this season if he is recruiting for his new club.

The whole affair sickens me, we are taking it up the arse just to keep warrington and DP happy.

I can just see the one on one coaching chats with Truey etc

I will show as much loyalty as DP has shown and say, as soon as we employ a coach DP has to go

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 15 Apr 2021, 15:49

barking wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:32
So DP is effectively doing two jobs is he? How can Cas be his priority this season if he is recruiting for his new club.

The whole affair sickens me, we are taking it up the arse just to keep warrington and DP happy.

I will show as much loyalty as DP has shown and say, as soon as we employ a coach DP has to go
Stinks mate, only us daft enough to let it happen.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Apr 2021, 15:55

barking wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:32

Exactly if it wernt for the fact it was Cas involved you couldn't make it up
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 15 Apr 2021, 16:34

Fans are always last to know especially if your a CAS fan. I believe we have a great fan base second to none the club should realise this and be more transparent on coming forward with club news. A disgruntled fan will soon get fed up with being taken for granted. Upset the fans at your peril without us there's no Club.

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 15 Apr 2021, 19:36

Piquad1 wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 16:34 Fans are always last to know especially if your a CAS fan. I believe we have a great fan base second to none the club should realise this and be more transparent on coming forward with club news. A disgruntled fan will soon get fed up with being taken for granted. Upset the fans at your peril without us there's no Club.
and fulton doesn't lose a thing. and there lies the problem.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2021, 19:43

derbystiger wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:24
Burratha wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:13 In fairness, how do you know that Cas haven't planned accordingly?

They're effectively only a few weeks behind Warrington, having had to react due to the news Daryl had secured a new role.

Warrington had the advantage of securing their coach before us, and therefore forcing Cas' hand somewhat with the news, and thus exposing Cas to criticism from the fans. Warrington also have the money to throw around the marketplace (legitimately or not, who knows?) and unsettle players and fans alike.

I think it's the waiting for the announcement of Cas' new coach that's causing the fans to be frustrated with lots of things that depend on the choice.
Sorry but I have to disagree that Warrington had the advantage. It has already been documented that the talks regarding DP leaving at the end of this season were held at the back end of last year. So, where he would be going to should have had no bearing on things. The club knew months ago he would be going and so should have had the plans sorted by now - DP being announced as Warrington head coach has nothing to do with it. We didn’t have to ‘react’ to that news at all - the club knew long before that announcement he would be going.
Maybe so but on the other side, Powell wanted to announce it on his own terms and so he didn't even let players know.

Don't you think it would have looked rather odd and caused unrest in the squad if Cas just appointed a new coach before Powell had even told the squad he was off?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Apr 2021, 21:59

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
Audacter Et Sincere

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 15 Apr 2021, 22:39

Mysterio wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 21:59
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
Can't beleive some people don't think it's wrong. As soon as new coach is announced Powell should go. How can he concentrate on us when he's planning his recruitment at Warrington? Also how do Cas know he's not whispering in players ears darn lane? Only our club could be daft enough to let this happen.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Apr 2021, 06:52

Mysterio wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 21:59
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
How can anyone not see it's a big conflict of interest with Warrington reported to be after at least one of our players
He obviously talks to the players everyday what's he going to advise them stay at Cas mate that's where your future is or do his best to get them to come to Warrington with him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 17 Apr 2021, 20:42

OMG I have read this over and over again just in case that I'm the only one that is missing missing something in my ignorance?

I suppose that you also believe that your window cleaner is calling round to your house every day whilst you're at work just to make sure that there's no streaky marks on your windows? :-"

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Apr 2021, 10:32

the club is not awash with money if we show DP the door he will need paying up to the end of his contract

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 18 Apr 2021, 12:35

gateman wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 10:32 the club is not awash with money if we show DP the door he will need paying up to the end of his contract
Not if there is published evidence of a conflict of interest.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 18 Apr 2021, 13:12

Get into em wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 20:42

OMG I have read this over and over again just in case that I'm the only one that is missing missing something in my ignorance?

I suppose that you also believe that your window cleaner is calling round to your house every day whilst you're at work just to make sure that there's no streaky marks on your windows? :-"
I would not be worried if he was coming round to check the windows every day I would be more worried about what he was really coming every day for lol :-" :-"

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 18 Apr 2021, 16:51

Oldcasman wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 13:12
Get into em wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 20:42

I would not be worried if he was coming round to check the windows every day I would be more worried about what he was really coming every day for lol :-" :-"
I wunt be worried as long as the windows were clean :) :)

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 Apr 2021, 18:47

I'm sad about DP leaving as I'm sure most of us are. He's been with us for longer than most coaches in the game and he's done the club a world of good. I wish him well in his next job, but here's the but. As soon as he is seen to be doing anything at all regarding his next employer, he should be removed from his duties at Cas. It doesn't sit well with me to say such a thing, but he is still employed by Cas till the end of the season.

Gomersal Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gomersal Tiger » 18 Apr 2021, 19:00

I am tending to agree with you at the moment, but first I think we need to go back to the time when the Board and DP came to an agreement that it was time to leave. Knowing that he was going to do another year with us but guaranteed to sign with another club, I feel that it was absolutely essential that the Board instructed John Wells to sign up the players on last year of contract that were wanted for another stint with the club. The fact that John Wells is also leaving makes me feel that maybe the budget isn't there to satisfy the Player Management. If Wells couldn't do it, then someone at Board level should have taken control. We are kidding ourselves if we do not believe that DP is having words with player agents.

We have left ourselves wide open now from 1st May onwards to have the side picked off and no one at the club can do anything about it.

Answers from the Board are required urgently or we will be in dire straits next season.

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 18 Apr 2021, 19:48

Gomersal Tiger wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 19:00 I am tending to agree with you at the moment, but first I think we need to go back to the time when the Board and DP came to an agreement that it was time to leave. Knowing that he was going to do another year with us but guaranteed to sign with another club, I feel that it was absolutely essential that the Board instructed John Wells to sign up the players on last year of contract that were wanted for another stint with the club. The fact that John Wells is also leaving makes me feel that maybe the budget isn't there to satisfy the Player Management. If Wells couldn't do it, then someone at Board level should have taken control. We are kidding ourselves if we do not believe that DP is having words with player agents.

We have left ourselves wide open now from 1st May onwards to have the side picked off and no one at the club can do anything about it.

Answers from the Board are required urgently or we will be in dire straits next season.
Realistically speaking IMO Powell would love Evalds, Truey, Macca and Watts to follow him to Warrington and that is also if transfer fees are due too, as Moran isn't shy at paying transfer fees for players is he?

IF these players left then that is the spine of our side ripped out in one foul swoop and we are then in the poop big time......
That is my main concern about Powell's dual role and why it simply isn't beneficial to us to keep him on as head coach,But I would have thought that IF he was tapping players up that the damage would already have been done by now anyway?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 19 Apr 2021, 18:30

Seems as though DP is taking his assistants to Warrington, so who ever takes over , has to bring his own backroom staff with him, but they always want their own men to help in coaching and all other things behind the scenes.