Powell and Co... Its time to go......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Powell and Co... Its time to go......

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 Apr 2021, 18:47

I'm sad about DP leaving as I'm sure most of us are. He's been with us for longer than most coaches in the game and he's done the club a world of good. I wish him well in his next job, but here's the but. As soon as he is seen to be doing anything at all regarding his next employer, he should be removed from his duties at Cas. It doesn't sit well with me to say such a thing, but he is still employed by Cas till the end of the season.

Gomersal Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gomersal Tiger » 18 Apr 2021, 19:00

I am tending to agree with you at the moment, but first I think we need to go back to the time when the Board and DP came to an agreement that it was time to leave. Knowing that he was going to do another year with us but guaranteed to sign with another club, I feel that it was absolutely essential that the Board instructed John Wells to sign up the players on last year of contract that were wanted for another stint with the club. The fact that John Wells is also leaving makes me feel that maybe the budget isn't there to satisfy the Player Management. If Wells couldn't do it, then someone at Board level should have taken control. We are kidding ourselves if we do not believe that DP is having words with player agents.

We have left ourselves wide open now from 1st May onwards to have the side picked off and no one at the club can do anything about it.

Answers from the Board are required urgently or we will be in dire straits next season.

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 18 Apr 2021, 19:48

Gomersal Tiger wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 19:00 I am tending to agree with you at the moment, but first I think we need to go back to the time when the Board and DP came to an agreement that it was time to leave. Knowing that he was going to do another year with us but guaranteed to sign with another club, I feel that it was absolutely essential that the Board instructed John Wells to sign up the players on last year of contract that were wanted for another stint with the club. The fact that John Wells is also leaving makes me feel that maybe the budget isn't there to satisfy the Player Management. If Wells couldn't do it, then someone at Board level should have taken control. We are kidding ourselves if we do not believe that DP is having words with player agents.

We have left ourselves wide open now from 1st May onwards to have the side picked off and no one at the club can do anything about it.

Answers from the Board are required urgently or we will be in dire straits next season.
Realistically speaking IMO Powell would love Evalds, Truey, Macca and Watts to follow him to Warrington and that is also if transfer fees are due too, as Moran isn't shy at paying transfer fees for players is he?

IF these players left then that is the spine of our side ripped out in one foul swoop and we are then in the poop big time......
That is my main concern about Powell's dual role and why it simply isn't beneficial to us to keep him on as head coach,But I would have thought that IF he was tapping players up that the damage would already have been done by now anyway?

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 19 Apr 2021, 18:30

Seems as though DP is taking his assistants to Warrington, so who ever takes over , has to bring his own backroom staff with him, but they always want their own men to help in coaching and all other things behind the scenes.