Enough about Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Enough about Powell

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Apr 2021, 19:20

MrRugby123 wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 18:16 Keep saying this but he announced he’s leaving two weeks ago so players know he was gonna end up at Warrington. The squad respects Daryl and will play there best for him and earning the right to play under our new coach. All these people who are moaning about Powell leaving have probably only been watching since 2017 😂
This

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 07 Apr 2021, 09:39

Just another Episode in the Cas Tigers annual chaos which we (and in fairness DP) have taken us through in the last few years
Darryl Clark - sold
Carney incident
Solomona transfer issues
Hardaker incident
Gale (achilles year out injured)
Gale transfer
Powell departure announced

Anything else I missed

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Apr 2021, 09:42

Can’t think of any but not a lot different to many clubs

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 07 Apr 2021, 10:00

CAS 38. Hull K R 12
First score CAS Richardson.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 07 Apr 2021, 10:00

I've reflected on this over the days, and I think we lump lots of things, practical and emotional together.

Some of the business and the player decisions that has gone before - arguably player choice and the fallibility of humans is a large part of that. Some exceptions and things said that shouldn't have been.

Darryl and where or even if there is a leadership problem is an interesting one. I have left every job between 4 and 6 years. Nothing to do with my employer, nothing to do with the leadership or the support I have had, I have followed challenge, progress and to a large extent money.
Could it just be that Darryl is in the market to do something else, earn more in a different context. Regardless of what we feel for Cas, he did his time, few coaches stay around that long and the time was good.

Warrington is different, they're a larger business, more money and a different challenge for him, does it have to be that him and Danny and the board fell out?! I am not claiming knowledge either way, just posing the question that actually nothing went wrong, IF and DP and DO for that matter could have exchanged heart-felt leaving gifts.

It is what it is, for what my opinion is worth, Henderson, Ward, Ford would be the top choices of my list, but they have lives, families, homes etc..... so who knows,

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 07 Apr 2021, 10:14

HKR 12 CAS 22 Eden first try !

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Apr 2021, 10:19

mdean wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 10:00 I've reflected on this over the days, and I think we lump lots of things, practical and emotional together.

Some of the business and the player decisions that has gone before - arguably player choice and the fallibility of humans is a large part of that. Some exceptions and things said that shouldn't have been.

Darryl and where or even if there is a leadership problem is an interesting one. I have left every job between 4 and 6 years. Nothing to do with my employer, nothing to do with the leadership or the support I have had, I have followed challenge, progress and to a large extent money.
Could it just be that Darryl is in the market to do something else, earn more in a different context. Regardless of what we feel for Cas, he did his time, few coaches stay around that long and the time was good.

Warrington is different, they're a larger business, more money and a different challenge for him, does it have to be that him and Danny and the board fell out?! I am not claiming knowledge either way, just posing the question that actually nothing went wrong, IF and DP and DO for that matter could have exchanged heart-felt leaving gifts.

It is what it is, for what my opinion is worth, Henderson, Ward, Ford would be the top choices of my list, but they have lives, families, homes etc..... so who knows,
Good post

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 07 Apr 2021, 10:21

Nail on the head for me. We need to know the real reasons DP has de need to move on. What or who was it that made him, or the decsion maker, decided it was time to move on.

More to this than meets the eye for me because if he had just got fed up why stay at low?

If he wants the Wire job, which we now know he has take. It, then why announce it at this stage only 2 games into the season?

Can he give 100% all season and not give any attention to Wire? I would thin highly unlikely whatever we perform like.

People say he is true to his word and an honest man. 2 year contract he had but won’t now see that out. Add to this saying he hadn’t agreed the Wire job, we now know he had.

Not the best scenario and unless we clean up with trophies it will not look good as fans will turn, wether right or wrong.

What we need to also remember DP was NOT offered the job at Wire until they knew he was leaving. Or so it seems. That takes out the “If you were offered more money” etc would you go.

As I said for me until we know what the reasons are we can’t say much more but knowing how IF operates that won’t ever happen.

For me DP was told he wouldn’t have what he wanted to improve the squad and there will now be a cost cutting exercise for the next 2/3 years.

Bet you the interest isn’t cut back on the outstanding loans?

Cas to beat HKR by 18, first try Turner. Away draw in next round.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 07 Apr 2021, 11:06

Cas by 26

Turner first try

GOB motm
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 07 Apr 2021, 11:18

the machine wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 11:06 Cas by 26

Turner first try

GOB motm
GoB will miss the game due to last week’s HIA won’t he? Concussion protocols.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Apr 2021, 11:24

Burratha wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 11:18
the machine wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 11:06 Cas by 26

Turner first try

GOB motm
GoB will miss the game due to last week’s HIA won’t he? Concussion protocols.
He should be back. Think the HIA is 7 days minimum. It’ll be 12 days since the Warrington game.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 07 Apr 2021, 11:25

Jeez. I lost all track of time!!

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 07 Apr 2021, 13:36

Brave attempt to discuss something other than Powell but it appears not all can move on?

Anyway, I'm going for Turner to be the first try scorer but this will require a cut out pass that doesn't involve Ogi. (does he ever pass?).

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Apr 2021, 14:03

Eden first try
KR 20-24 Cas

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 07 Apr 2021, 15:13

First try - Turner
KR 10 - 19 Cas (Richardson DG)

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 07 Apr 2021, 16:08

I had a fancy for Turner, first scorer for us, that being said, I think they will score first.
Cagey first half, we fix it up at HT - 16-32 in the end.
Macca MOTM.
Turner first Cas try.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 07 Apr 2021, 16:43

tigerfeat wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 17:45 I've got a fancy HKR might beat us hope I'm wrong like
On the basis that there are 2 sure things in life...death and taxes, with another that you rarely find a bankrupt bookie. Current odds look to be 4/1 Hull KR win and 1/2 Cas win. 'Nuff said!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Apr 2021, 16:48

Johnny A wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 16:43
tigerfeat wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 17:45 I've got a fancy HKR might beat us hope I'm wrong like
On the basis that there are 2 sure things in life...death and taxes, with another that you rarely find a bankrupt bookie. Current odds look to be 4/1 Hull KR win and 1/2 Cas win. 'Nuff said!
I just fancy Hkr no reason sure I will be wrong like
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 08 Apr 2021, 11:27

Johnny A wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 16:43
I know what you're saying but Betfred recently demonstrated another reason why you rarely see a bankrupt bookie - they don't always pay out when they lose. Thankfully that had resulted in the correct outcome but there are days when they occasionally get it wrong.

My money's still on Cas though but I am the opposite of a bookie... #-o

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 09 Apr 2021, 11:14

Betfred as just lost a 3 year court case against them for 1.7 million pounds when a gentleman won on bandit and they said it was a glitch in the system so they wouldn’t pay him out so he took them to court and won :clap: :clap: :clap: