Olpherts disallowed try.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Olpherts disallowed try.

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Apr 2021, 08:04

Oh dear me ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 05 Apr 2021, 09:44

LIke I said earlier, it needs a stewards enquiry and explanation from Thaler and the Refs Association on this incident and for future as it would hopefully stoop a ref having an individual interpretation (or us) and stop the talk of any bias towards bigger clubs and also stop any accusations of what some would say, backhanders going on with certain refs or ref favouritism of certain clubs.

RL fans need to know this ruling as like I have said before, if this happens on a winning try decision at the Grand Final, it would be a much greater shout of "Cheated" !!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Apr 2021, 09:48

CasRus wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 09:44 LIke I said earlier, it needs a stewards enquiry and explanation from Thaler and the Refs Association on this incident and for future as it would hopefully stoop a ref having an individual interpretation (or us) and stop the talk of any bias towards bigger clubs and also stop any accusations of what some would say, backhanders going on with certain refs or ref favouritism of certain clubs.

RL fans need to know this ruling as like I have said before, if this happens on a winning try decision at the Grand Final, it would be a much greater shout of "Cheated" !!!!
Maybe not Thaler himself or even a current match official but maybe a recently retired official who has no more sway within the RFL. a bit like they do now on Sky Sports for contentious decisions from the weekends football, where Dermot Gallagher goes into the studio to explain why decisions were made.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Apr 2021, 10:42

On the video ref in Australia there having the ref make the call if he thinks it's a try then if the video ref sees something amiss they will review it and can chalk it off seemed a bit odd to me but in the games I've seen seems to work ok
If that system had been in place in our first match the first Warrington try would have been disallowed where a player was three yard off-side at the kick and six yards within the player when he scored.....unless Thaler was in the booth and he may have let it stand😉
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Apr 2021, 10:48

Ex ref Ian smith is on twitter.
I was gonna message him for clarification.
No idea how to send a private message.
He answers lots of questions ion refereeing decisions .

If anyone as him on twitter then I’m sure he’ll give an answer.
Looked high and low how to sent a message to him but just can’t see anywhere to do it, unless he’s turned them off.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 05 Apr 2021, 20:11

This will all go unanswered and be forgotten about
Audacter Et Sincere

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 06 Apr 2021, 13:53

For what it's worth, it can be impossible to explain your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be it is still your opinion.

The only definitive way to show what was was would be the lines on screen system used for offsides on football and we know how well that works..?

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 16 Apr 2021, 21:32

Well that Huddersfield try from McQueen has put paid to all the refereeing experts on here. Never had control of ball but adjudged to have knocked it backwards so try given. No different to what Jesse did to Olpherts

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Apr 2021, 21:34

I have no idea how that was allowed

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Apr 2021, 21:41

I give up with this game.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 Apr 2021, 21:47

What about Matautias try not given. Never put his ball carrying arm on the floor for it to be a double movement..

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Apr 2021, 21:57

derkster wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 21:32 Well that Huddersfield try from McQueen has put paid to all the refereeing experts on here. Never had control of ball but adjudged to have knocked it backwards so try given. No different to what Jesse did to Olpherts
Wonder what the forums resident referee will say on this one? Any difference to the Jesse one?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Apr 2021, 22:58

Fumper27 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 21:57
derkster wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 21:32 Well that Huddersfield try from McQueen has put paid to all the refereeing experts on here. Never had control of ball but adjudged to have knocked it backwards so try given. No different to what Jesse did to Olpherts
Wonder what the forums resident referee will say on this one? Any difference to the Jesse one?
Yes. Jesse’s first touch was forwards, McQueen’s wasn’t...IS THE VIEW OF THE VIDEO REF, NO MATTER WHAT I THINK!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Apr 2021, 23:05

cogito ergo sum wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 22:58
Fumper27 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 21:57
Yes. Jesse’s first touch was forwards, McQueen’s wasn’t...IS THE VIEW OF THE VIDEO REF, NO MATTER WHAT I THINK!
I disagree and so did the referee as his first movement was to say “no try” (watch the west his arms move).

McQueen’s first touch went forward, he never regained passion, he them touched it backwards, then grounded the ball. The lines on the porch where he first and finally made contact with the ball back this up. In my opinion of course.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 17 Apr 2021, 07:28

The look on McQueens face said it all when he dropped the ball and then when it was given a try again his face was a picture of intrigue and surprise so for me it was not a try

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Apr 2021, 07:55

It was a surprise for everyone except the video ref!