Best Superleague stadiums.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Best Superleague stadiums.

Post by gateman » 16 Feb 2021, 10:44

It would be great if the club came up with a pot of money from were i do not know and improve what we have, in the meantime getting the fans to do whatever they are capable of would be a step forward for some reason the club does not want this

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 16 Feb 2021, 11:39

gateman wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 10:44 It would be great if the club came up with a pot of money from were i do not know and improve what we have, in the meantime getting the fans to do whatever they are capable of would be a step forward for some reason the club does not want this
How about asking WMDC?
If they can loan Trinity £3 million to buy their ground that’s only worth half that amount, why shouldn’t we get some help too?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Feb 2021, 11:44

Personally for me;

Headingley
KCOM
Totally Wicked Stadium
Halliwell Jones
Leigh Sports Village
AJ Bell
Stade Gilbert Brutus
DW Stadium
John Smiths Stadium
Craven Park
Mend A Hose Jungle
Mobile Rocket Stadium

Atmopshere wise;

Mend A Hose Jungle
Headingley
Stade Gilbert Brutus
KCOM
Craven Park
DW Stadium
Totally Wicked Stadium
Hallowell Jones
Mobile Rocket Stadium
Leigh Sports Village
AJ Bell
John Smiths Stadium

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Feb 2021, 13:10

Never forget being at Huddersfield for the Aus v New Zealand World Cup Semi which Aus won aet after a winning New Zealand drop goal was controversially ruled out. It was full that day and the atmosphere was amazing

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 16 Feb 2021, 21:49

Ask WMDC? Don't think that would go down well cos we're not in wakefield, although most council tax payers live in the 5 towns. Look at the swimming baths scenario for eg. I'd rather the club do it on our own somehow, so we don't owe the council nothing..

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 17 Feb 2021, 10:08

I understand your views but if the future is licensing and us becoming a Championship club because our ground and facilities not being good enough I think asking for a WMDC loan to improve the old girl would be a better option than the other alternatives like ground sharing in Normy or playing in Donny.
I’m an old school long term supporter who loves WR with the unique atmosphere (especially when full). That’s why I liked the idea that the planned new stadium would be similar.
Now we need to find whatever way we can to make the necessary improvements to the old girl to safeguard the future of the club and if that means going ‘cap in hand’ to WMDC then so be it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Feb 2021, 10:20

orrsome wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 10:08 I understand your views but if the future is licensing and us becoming a Championship club because our ground and facilities not being good enough I think asking for a WMDC loan to improve the old girl would be a better option than the other alternatives like ground sharing in Normy or playing in Donny.
I’m an old school long term supporter who loves WR with the unique atmosphere (especially when full). That’s why I liked the idea that the planned new stadium would be similar.
Now we need to find whatever way we can to make the necessary improvements to the old girl to safeguard the future of the club and if that means going ‘cap in hand’ to WMDC then so be it.
I am with you on this mate who cares were any money comes from as long as we an improve things

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Feb 2021, 11:02

Why do people think that the future is licensing?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Feb 2021, 11:09

tigerfeat wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 21:36
Fumper27 wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 19:50
tigerfeat wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 19:42
Fumper27 wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 19:03 Has the author of said article been to all of the grounds to give a balanced point of view?
I would doubt it...
Therefore the balance of the whole article is without integrity. Nothing new for Callum though.
Just a muddled piece he did atmosphere last week and Cas came top if he's just judging stadiums and experience he's not been in away end at Headingley when it's throwing it down with rain all game

Or throwing it down with lager.......

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Feb 2021, 11:09

Maybe the author should have told the readers it's about facilities. Rather than a an overall decision.

For me Huddersfield is the worst, no atmosphere, expensive to buy anything, Park nearby and you will get a ticket on your car and fine. Park further away and it might not be there. A true soulless stadium.

Pro players will tell you Cas is the worst and best.

Worst for facilities. Much better betting the home team. The worst if your opposition and losing or have ties to cas. The best being the home winning side.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 17 Feb 2021, 12:41

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 11:02 Why do people think that the future is licensing?
It's just my opinion that, to make room in Super League for overseas expansionist clubs and possibly clubs like London and/or Newcastle, sooner or later licensing will be brought back with the ground state and facilities being a major criteria.

Nevertheless, it can't be denied that the old girl is in dire need of some TLC so we can stay put in our own ground with decent facilities and alternative money making uses, depending how much money is obtained and spent.

Let's not wait to be pushed into an arrangement with another club, that no one really wants.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 21 Feb 2021, 04:24

Yeah whoever made this list clearly hasn't visited many rugby league grounds. I mean headingley is a nice ground but the others have literally no atmosphere and are very bland. But the biggest insult has to be putting craven park about our ground lol

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 21 Feb 2021, 20:50

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 11:02 Why do people think that the future is licensing?
As a Cas fan I am very worried that if the game does go down the licensing route in the near future that both us and Wakefield will currently be struggling to meet the criteria required to get in (Don't stick your heads in the sand over this IMO)

Despite us having a ground that can produce a very noisy atmosphere on game day and also being a ground that opposition fans love to visit doesn't really tick any boxes should licensing be the way forward

When in all honesty both clubs have been merely being going through the motions for many years now of planning/building a new ground or updating their current stadiums but without actually doing very much

Look at some of the clubs and grounds outside of SL currently and see how they have progressed their stadiums over recent years
Hypothetically speaking, But If Licensing does come in then these 3 clubs are chomping at the bit and they have already got the infrastructure in place to be given a place in SL at the expense of Cas and Wakey

London have apparently got a deal in place to play at the new Wimbledon ground if they are accepted into SL
They were very unlucky to be relegated from SL in 2019 IMO as they didn't spend anywhere close to the levels of other clubs but still did remarkably well

York have a fantastic new stadium, they are also in an ideal location geographically between West Yorkshire and Hull to be deemed as an expansion club

Toulouse Olympique have a fantastic stadium and since the demise of the Toronto Wolfpack I can see them being the next cab off the rank for a place in SL

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 21 Feb 2021, 21:32

Great post.

TW wasn't expansion - it was an embarrassing gimmick.

If the top end of the game is to expand in a genuine & sustainable way then it will be into areas such as York, London, Newcastle, Nottingham & Sheffield. This, combined with what's going on in France, is where the game can grow.

In the short term, we should worry that some championship club grounds put ours to shame.