Jesse sene-lefao

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Jesse sene-lefao

Post by old cas lass » 14 Feb 2021, 22:45

According to league express, Jesse is hoping to earn a new contract beyond this year.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jesse sene-lefao

Post by Swagger » 14 Feb 2021, 23:02

Has some improving to do.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 15 Feb 2021, 09:17

Agreed, you wouldn't have signed him on last year's performance..

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 15 Feb 2021, 09:49

Get rid very lazy and runs like is feet are stuck in quicksand.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Feb 2021, 09:55

He falls into the category of maybe half a dozen players who need to do a lot better this season to get a new contract
Wells will have to decide if there's better players out there he can get to Cas for the same money as all the ones in there last year
Sentiment ..how nice a bloke you are ...how long you been at Cas ...shouldn't be a factor
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Feb 2021, 10:02

in his first season Jesse was a revelation lifting the team get that form back he is well worth a contract falling that thanks and goodbye

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Feb 2021, 10:21

Players who are playing for their future tend to have an upturn in form.
I guess most of the time it’s subconscious, but it makes a massive difference when how you perform in final year of your contact influences how much you’ll be offered the following season, or whether you’ll be offered a deal at all.

I’ve always thought our contracts are too long. Apart from our key players in key positions, we shouldn’t be offering contacts of more than a year or two. Players who have been given long contracts in the past have coasted afterwards.
The only players who we should have on 3 or 4 year contracts are Evalds, Trueman, Richardson, McShane and Watts. Everyone else should be on one or two year deals.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Feb 2021, 11:56

It's not a easy task I would have given Milner three years at the end of 2017 Powell and Wells will constantly be making judgment of players at the end of the day you hope you've got most of the contract decisions right
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 15 Feb 2021, 12:18

nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 10:21 Players who are playing for their future tend to have an upturn in form.
I guess most of the time it’s subconscious, but it makes a massive difference when how you perform in final year of your contact influences how much you’ll be offered the following season, or whether you’ll be offered a deal at all.

I’ve always thought our contracts are too long. Apart from our key players in key positions, we shouldn’t be offering contacts of more than a year or two. Players who have been given long contracts in the past have coasted afterwards.
The only players who we should have on 3 or 4 year contracts are Evalds, Trueman, Richardson, McShane and Watts. Everyone else should be on one or two year deals.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 15 Feb 2021, 16:27

nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 10:21 Players who are playing for their future tend to have an upturn in form.

The problem is players are often looking for security and may be tempted by longer contract offers from other clubs. I'd wager we'd have a very small squad or a very poor squad (or both) if we didn't offer players what we think they are worth.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Feb 2021, 17:27

FIat Capper wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 16:27

The problem is players are often looking for security and may be tempted by longer contract offers from other clubs. I'd wager we'd have a very small squad or a very poor squad (or both) if we didn't offer players what we think they are worth.
There’s always that danger, but I think we err too much on the wrong side of this as a club. I don’t see other clubs giving out many deals longer than 2 years. I very much doubt that most of the players we have given long contracts to would have been offered the same elsewhere. Over the last couple of seasons, our recruitment has been hampered by having average players on long contracts taking up salary cap space they didn’t really justify (in my opinion).
Get most contracts down to one or two years and players know they need to perform to get a new deal, whether that be at Cas or elsewhere. I don’t think we’ve really had the right attitude towards this, and as a result we’ve had players coasting rather than striving to earn a new (improved) deal.
On a slightly different note, we all know contracts aren’t worth that much anyway. If a player wants to leave, they’ll leave regardless of how many years they have left on their deal. It’s only ever the club that ends up on the wrong side of the deal, as we’re stuck with underperforming players on multi-year contracts.

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 15 Feb 2021, 17:34

Some players have a great 3 months before their contract is up for renewal, then slip back into a comfort zone and don't give 100%.

For those with long memories Harland was a perfect example. Happened twice with him.
I'm sure there are more recent examples.
I remember Peter Small

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 15 Feb 2021, 18:00

Thought he was going back home to his family? I wouldn't give him another contract. He was shocking last season.

devontiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by devontiger » 15 Feb 2021, 18:39

Had his time at cas not doing it anymore

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 16 Feb 2021, 00:29

I get that Jesse is a fan’s favourite but all these people commenting on Facebook saying we need to get him signed up for 3 years are crazy . He’s done sod all since 2017 and definitely needs to be moved on with a few others

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Feb 2021, 01:23

Tigersbarmy wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 00:29 I get that Jesse is a fan’s favourite but all these people commenting on Facebook saying we need to get him signed up for 3 years are crazy . He’s done sod all since 2017 and definitely needs to be moved on with a few others
If he plays well at the start 2021, I wouldn’t be against giving him another year. Any more than that would be crazy given his form in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 16 Feb 2021, 08:45

I think jsls form dropped when he was asked to play prop, i think if he has a season back at 2nd row and gets some consistency he will earn a new contract.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Feb 2021, 12:36

2017 was a freak year for us IMO and a good majority of that squad exceeded expectations. Players like Milner, Jesse, McMeekan looked genuine world beaters and gained bumper contracts off the back of it (rightly or wrongly so). Said 3 players went missing after that and never found that form. I'd say there's a good handful who HAVE to have a good year, otherwise we need to be letting them go, we can't be sentimental anymore.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 16 Feb 2021, 13:00

JSL may not have had his best performances of late but I get the feeling he brings other qualities to the team. He certainly gives a lift and plays with a smile on his face. This may well have a positive impact on others and encourage them to raise their game.

I'm of the view he needs to be playing in the back row and running (albeit in the style of the Ministry of Funny walks) out wide. There were glimpses of this last term so more consistency will be key.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 16 Feb 2021, 13:28

FIat Capper wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 13:00 JSL may not have had his best performances of late but I get the feeling he brings other qualities to the team. He certainly gives a lift and plays with a smile on his face. This may well have a positive impact on others and encourage them to raise their game.

I'm of the view he needs to be playing in the back row and running (albeit in the style of the Ministry of Funny walks) out wide. There were glimpses of this last term so more consistency will be key.
He may be a nice guy and give players a lift. However he certainly doesnt lift the team with his running the ball in that's for Sure. You want your subs to make a positive impact on the game when they come on not a negative one. Hes too busy jumping and skipping about before he goes into contact. JUST RUN HARD AT EM,dont do a dance for them.