Squad Numbers

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Squad Numbers

Post by MrRugby123 » 06 Feb 2021, 11:38

Eden will 100% play this season, can’t see us going a full season without an injury to olpherts or Feki (May not even play again).

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Feb 2021, 11:42

Altofts tiger25 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 08:26 Rangi not a good choice for me.
Look back to hisplaying days, did not set a great example off field with his social life.
Not a geat basis to be any kind of coach.
Great player when he was on song though.
For me we need an ex forward in the coaching department.
At present we got 2 halfs coaching and a winger as director of rugby.
If we brought someone into the coaching team, Paul Anderson might be a good addition.
Other than that, I’d take Paul Rowley.
Money will be tight though and we already have an assistant coach in Ryan Sheridan.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 06 Feb 2021, 11:51

What's Lee Crooks up to these days might b a wild card. Just a thought again.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 06 Feb 2021, 16:25

Tigers1926 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 11:20 Top mathematics bane 73👍 but I did think Eden did enough last season to get the 5 imo
Yep have to agree.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 06 Feb 2021, 17:57

He maybe happy with his number

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 06 Feb 2021, 19:18

nottinghamtiger wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 11:42
Altofts tiger25 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 08:26 Rangi not a good choice for me.
Look back to hisplaying days, did not set a great example off field with his social life.
Not a geat basis to be any kind of coach.
Great player when he was on song though.
For me we need an ex forward in the coaching department.
At present we got 2 halfs coaching and a winger as director of rugby.
If we brought someone into the coaching team, Paul Anderson might be a good addition.
Other than that, I’d take Paul Rowley.
Money will be tight though and we already have an assistant coach in Ryan Sheridan.
We have got Sheridan but he’s been with Powell years. Nothing wrong with that but some fresh ideas wouldn't go a miss. Rowley has a new development job at Salford, he won’t be going anywhere. Anderson is a good shout. Another maybe cheaper option could be Lee Gilmour. Knows the club and is available. Leeds wanted him for 2020 but Wakey wouldn’t release him from the last year of his contract. Then Leeds signed Sean Long and gave back word on offering him a coaching role for next season. Might be worth a go.

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 06 Feb 2021, 20:29

Castleford 2021 squad numbers:
1 Niall Evalds
2 Derrell Olpherts
3 Peter Mata’utia
4 Michael Shenton
5 Sosaia Feki
6 Jake Trueman
7 Danny Richardson
8 Liam Watts
9 Paul McShane
10 Grant Millington
11 Oliver Holmes
12 Cheyse Blair
13 Adam Milner
14 Nathan Massey
15 George Griffin
16 Gareth O’Brien
17 Alex Foster
18 Jacques O’Neill
19 Tyla Hepi
20 James Clare
21 Jesse Sene-Lefao
22 Daniel Smith
23 Greg Eden
24 Suaia Matagi
25 Jordan Turner
26 Lewis Bienek
27 Lewis Peachey
28 Brad Martin
29 Sam Hall
30 Brad Graham
31 Cain Robb

2021 is going to be a very testing season for us imo as our squad has so many question marks and accross the entire list of players

If we have a relatively injury free season then We will definitely be as difficult as ever to beat at home and we will be far too good for sides like Hull KR, Leigh, Salford & Wakey so we will finish outside of the bottom 4 without a doubt.

How high up we can finish in SL between 4th and 8th is the major question mark on our squad imo?

My concerns are that our centres lack any real creativity or punch in attack, I can see Jordan Turner starting there regularly as Shenton looks done to me (Shame as he has been fantastic for us, but is it one season too long for him?)

I hope that I am proved wrong and that Shenny has a great season

Our wingers, Eden and Olpherts both have their plusses that they can certainly finish tries off for fun, but both have a major mistake regularly within their game,
Feki just hasn't got anywhere near full fitness whilst he's been at the club so i'm hoping that we see his A game in 2021.

I still have my doubts about Richardson at 7 being good enough to be our game managing half back and if he doesn't perform early doors then I could see O'Brien given a go there

Watts and Macca will definitely have to remain injury free during the season otherwise we are going to struggle massively as that is where our quality lies up front

I'm most looking forward to seeing Jaques O'Neil making the biggest break through in 2021 within our squad as he definitely has the talent to make it to the very top of our game IMO (He could be young player of the year in 2021)
Lets hope that we can keep him at the club as the vultures will be circling around him

Sorry for being so pessimistic guys but I'm just trying to be philosophical
I still can't wait to be back supporting the club in 2021 tho when us fans will be allowed back into the stadiums #COYF

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 06 Feb 2021, 20:36

Thought Jack sanderson looked OK last year seems he's gone to fev this season suppose he'll get more games there

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 06 Feb 2021, 23:32

Get into em wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 20:29 Castleford 2021 squad numbers:
1 Niall Evalds
2 Derrell Olpherts
3 Peter Mata’utia
4 Michael Shenton
5 Sosaia Feki
6 Jake Trueman
7 Danny Richardson
8 Liam Watts
9 Paul McShane
10 Grant Millington
11 Oliver Holmes
12 Cheyse Blair
13 Adam Milner
14 Nathan Massey
15 George Griffin
16 Gareth O’Brien
17 Alex Foster
18 Jacques O’Neill
19 Tyla Hepi
20 James Clare
21 Jesse Sene-Lefao
22 Daniel Smith
23 Greg Eden
24 Suaia Matagi
25 Jordan Turner
26 Lewis Bienek
27 Lewis Peachey
28 Brad Martin
29 Sam Hall
30 Brad Graham
31 Cain Robb

2021 is going to be a very testing season for us imo as our squad has so many question marks and accross the entire list of players

If we have a relatively injury free season then We will definitely be as difficult as ever to beat at home and we will be far too good for sides like Hull KR, Leigh, Salford & Wakey so we will finish outside of the bottom 4 without a doubt.

How high up we can finish in SL between 4th and 8th is the major question mark on our squad imo?

My concerns are that our centres lack any real creativity or punch in attack, I can see Jordan Turner starting there regularly as Shenton looks done to me (Shame as he has been fantastic for us, but is it one season too long for him?)

I hope that I am proved wrong and that Shenny has a great season

Our wingers, Eden and Olpherts both have their plusses that they can certainly finish tries off for fun, but both have a major mistake regularly within their game,
Feki just hasn't got anywhere near full fitness whilst he's been at the club so i'm hoping that we see his A game in 2021.

I still have my doubts about Richardson at 7 being good enough to be our game managing half back and if he doesn't perform early doors then I could see O'Brien given a go there

Watts and Macca will definitely have to remain injury free during the season otherwise we are going to struggle massively as that is where our quality lies up front

I'm most looking forward to seeing Jaques O'Neil making the biggest break through in 2021 within our squad as he definitely has the talent to make it to the very top of our game IMO (He could be young player of the year in 2021)
Lets hope that we can keep him at the club as the vultures will be circling around him

Sorry for being so pessimistic guys but I'm just trying to be philosophical
I still can't wait to be back supporting the club in 2021 tho when us fans will be allowed back into the stadiums #COYF
Let's face it any team who get injuries to their spine players will struggle. Surprised you never even mentioned Evalds? You know one of the best fullbacks in Superleague. Shenton should be no were near the team and Richardson just doesnt have the experience to lead a team yet however Obrien does. Macca should be captain or Watts. If Macca gets injured you have Oniel or Milner to cover. If Watts is injured you have Matagi or Beniek to cover. Matautia is a good centre but the other side Shenton or Turner is weak and wont be fast enough to be honest. Think sentiment on the clubs part over Shenton will be our downfall next season. After last Year he should have called it a day and it will bite us on the backside next season.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Feb 2021, 23:34

andymc133 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 20:36 Thought Jack sanderson looked OK last year
I agree. But if he wanted X and the club offered Y, then he was always going to leave

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 07 Feb 2021, 01:16

Macca is the captain, if you watch the decisions, the ref talk and the plays, that is irrelevant.
The paperwork for interviews and the ball-ache, leave it with Shenny.

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 07 Feb 2021, 09:19

westerbeast73 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 23:32

Surprised you never even mentioned Evalds? You know one of the best fullbacks in Superleague.
I couldn't agree more about Evalds and I never really mentioned him in my post as I was trying to highlight my areas of concern within our squad.
I can see Evalds scoring 20 plus tries next season.
My only concerns regarding Evalds is will we have him for longer that his initial 1 year contract?
Watson will be very keen to entice him over to the Giants for 2022 without a doubt

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 07 Feb 2021, 15:04

Get into em wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 09:19

Surprised you never even mentioned Evalds? You know one of the best fullbacks in Superleague.
I couldn't agree more about Evalds and I never really mentioned him in my post as I was trying to highlight my areas of concern within our squad.
My only concerns regarding Evalds is will we have him for longer that his initial 1 year contract?
Watson will be very keen to entice him over to the Giants for 2022 without a doubt
I really cant see Cas just signing Evalds for just 1 season. I reckon theres something in the contract which will mean he stays for 3 or 4 Years unless someone is willing to pay silly money for him then like previous seasons when big money is offered Cas will sell him.
If they have signed him for just 1 Year than that's a shocking decision by whoever made it.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 07 Feb 2021, 18:42

westerbeast73 wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 15:04

I really cant see Cas just signing Evalds for just 1 season. I reckon theres something in the contract which will mean he stays for 3 or 4 Years unless someone is willing to pay silly money for him then like previous seasons when big money is offered Cas will sell him.
If they have signed him for just 1 Year than that's a shocking decision by whoever made it.
if was betting on it st helens after a year with us these are the rumours going round probably true cant see any other reason for not signing top player for longer in position we definitely need some stability. Bad business if this happens be back to square one after year at fullback .

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 07 Feb 2021, 19:06

I just don't understand why you would sign a proven and very talented player on only a 1 year deal?

I hope that the club have signed Evalds with an option in the clubs favour that it can be extended to 3 or 4 years.

I don't see Evalds going to Saints as Jack Welsby is the best young full back in SL and once Coote heads home then Welsby could quite easily be their starting 1 for over a decade

As I posted earlier IMO the Giants will be sniffing around Evalds now that Watson is head coach there and I really wouldn't be surprised if he went there (Unless the contract option is in place for him to stay here)

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 07 Feb 2021, 19:34

on side wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 18:42
westerbeast73 wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 15:04

if was betting on it st helens after a year with us these are the rumours going round probably true cant see any other reason for not signing top player for longer in position we definitely need some stability. Bad business if this happens be back to square one after year at fullback .
Dont forget Gaz Obrien has signed a 3 Year deal so he could slot straight in at fullback. But the Evalds deal was sorted way before Obrien came to Cas.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Feb 2021, 20:01

The only place I’ve seen the “Evalds to Saints” rumour is on here, posted by only one person. That in itself is very strange for a rumour that is “going around”. You hear more people saying that NE has a multi year deal with Cas after his initial one year contract is up

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 09 Feb 2021, 13:22

Just noticed a couple missing from 2020's squad.

Lewis Carr and Robbie Storey - have they moved on or have they just failed to get a squad place ?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Feb 2021, 13:25

Tigerade wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 13:22 Just noticed a couple missing from 2020's squad.

Lewis Carr and Robbie Storey - have they moved on or have they just failed to get a squad place ?
Both left

Lewis Carr to Dewsbury
Robbie Storey to Carcassonne

Maybe neither are as good as some on here thought?

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 09 Feb 2021, 13:33

Cheers F.