Religation

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Religation

Post by on side » 09 Jan 2021, 21:57

Was just wondering has any thing being said about if any body will be religated the new season. For sure, should be decided before start off season and not half way through season. Leigh have virtually no time to build strong team for me should be given a, year pass can't be religated would have wanted it if being cas.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Religation

Post by gateman » 09 Jan 2021, 22:06

seems sense but the RFL don't do sense

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 09 Jan 2021, 22:26

Can remember trying to explain to people why Cas got relegated when they didn't even finish bottom of the table..

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Jan 2021, 23:27

on side wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 21:57 Was just wondering has any thing being said about if any body will be religated the new season. For sure, should be decided before start off season and not half way through season. Leigh have virtually no time to build strong team for me should be given a, year pass can't be religated would have wanted it if being cas.
No.
All the clubs who applied to join SL were made aware that relegation is a possibility and applied on that basis.
Scrapping relegation makes the Championship competition pointless.
Relegating a club who don’t finish bottom (whilst allowing the bottom-placed club to remain in SL) damages the integrity of SL.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 09 Jan 2021, 23:38

Just wondered if league is hit badly enough with covid may not have relegation this coming season

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 10 Jan 2021, 07:44

I wouldn't be too sure there's going to be a season. The way things are going it's scary. Let's start with relegating Covid and take it from there. Keep safe all.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 10 Jan 2021, 12:02

This point is what I was alluding to in other threads about Leigh and the TV contract. Also is the objective the best SL we can, grass roots RL, the best national team or what?!?!

What is the destination? If it is a 14 team home and away competition, then say that now.
No relegation, championship winner comes up this year, that makes 12.
Next year, make a decision on Toronto, Championship winner comes up - say that now.

That way clubs can plan for 2/3 years, not a one season gamble. Players have continuity and the Championship has integrity and teeth. The year on year hokey-cokey helps few and damages the product.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 10 Jan 2021, 16:48

on side wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 21:57 Was just wondering has any thing being said about if any body will be religated the new season. For sure, should be decided before start off season and not half way through season. Leigh have virtually no time to build strong team for me should be given a, year pass can't be religated would have wanted it if being cas.
Leigh have had plenty of time to build a team. Everybody will have the possibility of being relegated.

Leigh were signing players before they were announced as the chosen one.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Jan 2021, 18:42

You need to learn to spell correctly by the way (Relegation and Relegated is the correct spelling) - note for the future !!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 10 Jan 2021, 18:42

You need to learn to spell correctly by the way (Relegation and Relegated is the correct spelling) - note for the future !!

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 10 Jan 2021, 19:50

Statement by Elstone 15th Nov 2020.
I don’t think there’s any change at the moment.

Robert Elstone has confirmed relegation will take place during the 2021 season.

Super League will ‘promote’ a club from the Championship to take the vacant place left by Toronto Wolfpack.

The successful club will only receive £1 million in central funding, around two thirds of what their counterparts will receive, leaving some to believe they’re being dealt a tough card.

That had left some questioning whether there would be another exemption from relegation, but Elstone confirmed that wouldn’t be the case.

“It’s safe to assume that there will be relegation,” Elstone said.

“Notwithstanding how Covid plays out in 2021. On the basis we’re all vaccinated and safe, then in a 12-team Super League, we’re committed to a promotion and relegation.”

Get into em
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Get into em » 10 Jan 2021, 20:46

Relegation should happen in 2021 IMO unless stipulated prior to the season starting and also how promotion will be decided too.

My preferred choices of sides promoted to SL for 2021 were London and Toulouse as they clearly offer some expansion within our current M62 corridor Super league Competition, since the demise of Toronto.

London were very unlucky IMO when they were relegated in 2019 as they were very competitive despite not throwing big money at player recruitment.

Toulouse also look like a very viable option moving forward but perhaps Covid curtailed their bid due to the potential travel restrictions for 2021?

York seem to be building very well too as a club and they could also be pushing for a place if franchising is re introduced

IMO Leigh have chosen a poisoned challis as they clearly know that they have been given a tough act to survive in SL in 2021 if relegation will still happen

Perhaps expansion clubs like London, Toulouse and York will benefit from not being admitted into SL in 2021 and will benefit by having longer to prepare their clubs potential admission in 2022 in place of a vastly under prepared Leigh?

Al letuknow1

Post by Al letuknow1 » 10 Jan 2021, 20:58

It will be interesting to see what pans out mate for sure. A lot depends on the next few months which could alter most people’s plans not just Super League .

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 10 Jan 2021, 21:01

CasRus wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 18:42
Wow we still getting [REMOVED] heads on here maybe meet me give me lesson you coward

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Jan 2021, 22:55

Get into em wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 20:46
Relegation should happen in 2021 IMO unless stipulated prior to the season starting and also how promotion will be decided too.

My preferred choices of sides promoted to SL for 2021 were London and Toulouse as they clearly offer some expansion within our current M62 corridor Super league Competition, since the demise of Toronto.

London were very unlucky IMO when they were relegated in 2019 as they were very competitive despite not throwing big money at player recruitment.

Toulouse also look like a very viable option moving forward but perhaps Covid curtailed their bid due to the potential travel restrictions for 2021?

York seem to be building very well too as a club and they could also be pushing for a place if franchising is re introduced

IMO Leigh have chosen a poisoned challis as they clearly know that they have been given a tough act to survive in SL in 2021 if relegation will still happen

Perhaps expansion clubs like London, Toulouse and York will benefit from not being admitted into SL in 2021 and will benefit by having longer to prepare their clubs potential admission in 2022 in place of a vastly under prepared Leigh?
Agreed, kind of.
I think any team coming into SL from the Championship has the massive issue of putting together a competitive squad at short notice. Leigh found out they were in SL in mid-December, but the season won’t start until mid-March at the earliest. Usually promoted teams know they will be in SL in mid-October, but the season starts in early February. Either way, it’s a massive challenge to put together a competitive SL squad - most SL-standard players are signed up well before the promoted team know they will be playing in SL, leaving them with the players they already have an others who haven’t been offered a deal by an existing SL club.
Any club entering SL is under-prepared. But I’m not sure how you go about changing this without exemption from relegation, but that then undermines the integrity of SL (I think).

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Jan 2021, 23:03

on side wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 21:01
CasRus wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 18:42
Wow we still getting [REMOVED] heads on here maybe meet me give me lesson you coward
Oh dear. Calm down flow. You were banned previously for your similar aggressive posting under your other identity.

Not appropriate on any type of social media forum.

Al letuknow1

Post by Al letuknow1 » 10 Jan 2021, 23:09

There was no need for the spelling post either!

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 11 Jan 2021, 06:56

People just letting off steam. Just take it on the chin. They'll calm down soon this lockdown plays funny tricks with yet mind I know I'm shielding for the third time.