Pre Season Training

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Pre Season Training

Post by Mucky1978 » 30 Jan 2021, 12:53

1 Evalds
2 Feki
3 peanut
4 Turner
5 Eden
6 Trueman
7 Richardson
8 watts
9 McShane
10 Smith
11 Holmes
12 Griffin
13 O’Neil
Subs
14 Massey
15 Matagi
16 Millington
17 O’Brien

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Jan 2021, 13:22

Evalds
Feki
Mata’utia
Turner
Eden
O Brien
Richardson
Watts
McShane
Matagi
Blair
Griffin
Smith

Millington
O Neill
Holmes
Hepi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 30 Jan 2021, 13:26

No Shenton in those 2 line ups. I think he will start the season and then we shall see what pans out.

If we have a reduced injury list we don’t have a bad 13. Bench looks ok but not much after that. We must be due a reasonable season with less injuries.

We shall see.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jan 2021, 14:26

That back line look pretty decent on paper.
Let’s hope they can all stay injury free.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 30 Jan 2021, 15:03

Just looks a bit odd with Shenny in there knowing he is still with us OCL.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Jan 2021, 15:22

Shenton has, in my opinion, struggled since 2018, so how and why he got a 2 year deal for last season and this I’ll never know.

PS - I also forgot about JSL from my 17...would have him on the bench in place of Hepi..

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jan 2021, 16:11

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 15:03 Just looks a bit odd with Shenny in there knowing he is still with us OCL.
Always respected Shenton.
But sadly all good things come to an end.
I can’t see him playing no more than a hand full of games.
Poor form from matautia and turner plus injuries will give him game time.
Sometimes you’ve got to be cruel to be kind.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 30 Jan 2021, 16:26

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 13:26 No Shenton in those 2 line ups. I think he will start the season and then we shall see what pans out.

If we have a reduced injury list we don’t have a bad 13. Bench looks ok but not much after that. We must be due a reasonable season with less injuries.

We shall see.
I tend to agree Shenton will get the number four shirt for starters, with Turner coming off bench in left second row spot. Good to know though if Shenton is out of form we have a ready made replacement waiting in the wings. With pretty good competition for places throughout the squad, barring the usual injury nightmares I think we’ll go well this season.

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrugbyshirts

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 30 Jan 2021, 17:20

On the squad number issue, I believe the main benefit is that it reduces the number of shirts required overall.
If squad numbers are not used, you basically need a couple of shirts in every size for each number. For example, you might have Cheyse Blair wearing 4 one week and a much smaller player the next week, and then someone in -between the following week. Then multiply that by the three different designs. You end up with each number in various sizes for each design, so you need far more shirts and that’s costly.
Having squad numbers means the clubs only need to print up two of each number in each design, because nobody else is going to wear that number all season.
Personally I’d prefer us to go back to using a 1-17 system for each game, but you’d still end up with stupid positioning because the clubs would just give a player the shirt that fits rather than the one that reflects the position they are playing.
Follow me on Twitter @casrugbyshirts

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 30 Jan 2021, 19:56

heritage1926 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 12:37 Our strongest 13 and bench IMO. Plus any number of the below could take the final bench spot. On paper, we have a very solid squad.

1. Evalds
2. Feki
3. Mata'tiua
4. Turner
5. Eden
6. Trueman
7. Richards
8. Watts
9. McShane
10. Matagi
11. Holmes
12. Blair
13. O'Neill

14. Massey
15. Jesse
16. Millington
17. Any of the below

Griffin
Foster
Hepi
Smith
Milner
O'Brien
Bienek

Shenton
Olpherts
Clare

Storey
Graham
Summers
Peachey
Martin
Wheeldon (trialist)
Looking at the subs we have to choose from it looks very impressive. Think Shenton will be at centre rather than Turner but I would rather he wasn't. Think he's a mate of Powells to be honest playing last season when he was very poor. Been a great servant to Cas but time to make way in my opinion.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Jan 2021, 20:49

heritage1926 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 12:37 Our strongest 13 and bench IMO. Plus any number of the below could take the final bench spot. On paper, we have a very solid squad.

1. Evalds
2. Feki
3. Mata'tiua
4. Turner
5. Eden
6. Trueman
7. Richards
8. Watts
9. McShane
10. Matagi
11. Holmes
12. Blair
13. O'Neill

14. Massey
15. Jesse
16. Millington
17. Any of the below

Griffin
Foster
Hepi
Smith
Milner
O'Brien
Bienek

Shenton
Olpherts
Clare

Storey
Graham
Summers
Peachey
Martin
Wheeldon (trialist)
Just a small point, Summers has left and signed for Fev

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 31 Jan 2021, 22:09

@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 17:20 On the squad number issue, I believe the main benefit is that it reduces the number of shirts required overall.
If squad numbers are not used, you basically need a couple of shirts in every size for each number. For example, you might have Cheyse Blair wearing 4 one week and a much smaller player the next week, and then someone in -between the following week. Then multiply that by the three different designs. You end up with each number in various sizes for each design, so you need far more shirts and that’s costly.
Having squad numbers means the clubs only need to print up two of each number in each design, because nobody else is going to wear that number all season.
Personally I’d prefer us to go back to using a 1-17 system for each game, but you’d still end up with stupid positioning because the clubs would just give a player the shirt that fits rather than the one that reflects the position they are playing.
You can’t change numbers half way through a season . You get your number and stick with it and I honestly can’t see blair playing full back or wing

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrugbyshirts

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 31 Jan 2021, 22:21

Tigersbarmy wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 22:09
@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 17:20 On the squad number issue, I believe the main benefit is that it reduces the number of shirts required overall.
You can’t change numbers half way through a season . You get your number and stick with it and I honestly can’t see blair playing full back or wing
No, not when squad numbers are used. But it means that many numbers don’t reflect positions.
My point is that squad numbers save money because fewer shirts are needed.
Follow me on Twitter @casrugbyshirts