Pre Season Training

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Pre Season Training

Post by Fumper27 » 04 Jan 2021, 23:55

Tigers1926 wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 22:53 I get what you are saying WB73, but it's professional sportsmen that keep getting caught out breaking the rules like the scrotes of society and that's why it's not going to go away.
I think there’s more “normal” people breaking the rules than there are professional sportspeople.

No one is bothered about reading of “Dave & Barbara” breaking the rules to have a gathering with friends and family. However, the same story about a group of £200,000 a week footballers is different altogether...

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 05 Jan 2021, 00:19

casjunction wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 23:41 To me it's irrelevant as to the profession of those who break the rules or laws in relation to Covid restrictions.
They are causing many people to loose their income and lives.
No matter which figures you read the number of deaths is horrifying and the impact on young families and many people on low and even medium incomes are in no small part to people who think they are too fit, young or healthy to care.
Many vulnerable people have not lived feckless lives that has rendered them vulnerable.
The Elite Sports continuong is probably more to do with the gambling industry than anything else.
Rant over.
The problem with the COVID figures is it's not the main reason that someone has died. You could have had cancer, dementia, brain tumour, heart attack etc but as soon as you get Covid that's the reason of death and that's someone playing the figures to who evers gain that includes.
Why do you think this disease was created in a lab when the world is over populated? Ooh and look at which peoples lives are being destroyed, the ones you have commented on in your last post coincidence I don't think so.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2021, 08:14

Tigers1926 wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 22:53 I get what you are saying WB73, but it's professional sportsmen that keep getting caught out breaking the rules like the scrotes of society and that's why it's not going to go away.
I guess most people will have broken the protocols at some point the football and rugby players that do it and then can't wait to go on Whatsupp to show the world what theve done are a disgrace I think
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 05 Jan 2021, 08:31

Westerbeast, you are talking rubbish regarding figures getting missread.
My mother passed away in October and no mention of covid on her death cert. It states cause of death as cancer which was the illness that she died from.
You need to think about how upsetting your coments can be to people thst have lost loved ones through covid and also other diseases.
Propaganda does not help

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 05 Jan 2021, 08:37

Bloke in Normy who had a shop was rushed to hospital 3times by his wife with breathing difficulties and the hospital tested him 3 times and he was negative 3 times. Unfortunately the bloke didn't last a 4th time, and guess what they put on his death certificate? His wife is taking legal action against the NHS..

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 05 Jan 2021, 09:24

Is that miss reporting or miss diagnosis?
My mum died of breathing difficulties. She had lung cancer. As stated on her death cert.
Doctors are not here to cook the figures.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2021, 09:33

The people with conspiracy story's don't realize the damage it does to family's who've lost loved ones it was the same with 9.11 it's on a worldwide and bigger scale now with Covid
Vince Lombardi

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 05 Jan 2021, 09:33

I don't know Altofts, but he was tested 3 times and negative 3 times and when he sadly passed away the "C" is on his death certificate. Not surprised one bit that his wife is not only mourning the loss of her husband, but absolutely fuming that "C" has been put on his death certificate.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 05 Jan 2021, 10:52

Pre-season in my experience is designed to fatigue beyond game situations in the hope that your conditioning allows you to execute your skill under fatigue effectively.
It has moved on a lot since running round Ponte Park carrying tackle bags and up and down hills (I hope) but the principle is still the same I guess.

I am not expert but the environment ought to be controlled and prioritising rest and nutrition as highly as strength and conditioning.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Jan 2021, 11:20

Wonder if they will push the start of the season back a couple of months
Vince Lombardi

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 05 Jan 2021, 12:26

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 11:20 Wonder if they will push the start of the season back a couple of months
They’re already behind schedule and with a World Cup this year super league has to start on the date given, if they changed it we would be playing 2-3 games per week again.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 05 Jan 2021, 13:04

They could start later and knock the 4 extra loop fixtures on the head. Play magic if they must in summer and just have the 23 rounds and a top 6 play off series. Sky might get arsey but tough luck, some things are more important.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 05 Jan 2021, 13:06

I think we cannot take anything for granted.
The World Cup may be some way off.
However the Australians and the Kiwis have been very firm and pragmatic in their handling of the pandemic and they not be permitting Travel to or from the UK.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Jan 2021, 13:09

casjunction wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 13:06 I think we cannot take anything for granted.
The World Cup may be some way off.
However the Australians and the Kiwis have been very firm and pragmatic in their handling of the pandemic and they not be permitting Travel to or from the UK.
Tbh who on earth would want to fly into this country if they don’t have to.
The UK would be the last place I’d want to fly too.
Sadly am stuck here.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 05 Jan 2021, 19:34

Its absolutely crazy. How and why should we be able to fly out of and into this country? Lockdown is lockdown and should be implemented as such and countries like Australia and New Zealand have it a lot better sorted than us. The trouble in the UK is that there are too many people who don't give a toss. We are a island and it should be the easiest of places to keep people out/in..

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 06 Jan 2021, 11:28

Well it appears Covid-19 has had an impact on folk's opinions on pre-season training!

On which, striking the balance is key; it has to be physically demanding in order to prepare the body for the demands of a long, hard season but not to the extent it causes a worrying number of injuries (which are part and parcel of the game).

As for the dreaded virus, yes, fatality figures are quite clearly stated as being of those that have died within 28 days of a positive test. My understanding is that this is because someone suffering a chronic illness or some other significant underlying health issue will be more susceptible to succumbing to Covid because of their illness. The virus has a greater impact on them. This is why people in this position are amongst the first tranche to get the vaccine.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 06 Jan 2021, 18:03

How do we get from pre season training to covid 19? Hands up, I'm as guilty as the next person 🤭 Anyway, let's hope it's a good pre season and a steady build up to a bloody good season. Just to be able to walk downt lane with my dad and friends would be a absolute tonic to what's happening right now, and I'm sure this goes for everyone out there. I really have my doubts, but let's be optimistic and a good old fingers crossed 🤞

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Jan 2021, 18:22

Good to see Pete Mata’utia back in training - was quite a nasty injury he picked up at the end of last season.

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 06 Jan 2021, 18:46

Your not wrong Notts. We have a very good squad if we can keep most players injury free for most of the season..

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Jan 2021, 20:52

if we could only wave a wand and get things back to normal how good for us all would that be, the country is in a dark hole things can only get better it will be interesting to see in another 6 weeks whether the vaccine is working added to the lockdown hopefully infection rates will be falling we yet may be able to watch our beloved