Adam Milner

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Adam Milner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Feb 2021, 10:36

ParanoidAndroid wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 10:17 Did anyone watch the zoom chat with Adam, Oggy and Massey? Well worth a watch, all three came across really well as good friends as well as team-mates, good banter and an inside view on Adam's time at the club, his highs and lows, also very funny in parts.
Watched it last night.
It was a good watch and plenty of home truths told.
Especially about mcgoldrick, rangi and westerman all liking the booze.
No wonder we were dire back then.

On the positives the three of them seem very close and have a great bond.
Nice to hear the vibe at the club this season is similar to 2017.
Fingers crossed.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Feb 2021, 10:48

to make things easy why not make a video so we can buy it i am afraid Adam is going to lose a fair amount of cash when people like me who are not too hot on the internet give up trying

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Feb 2021, 10:52

old cas lass wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 10:36
ParanoidAndroid wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 10:17 Did anyone watch the zoom chat with Adam, Oggy and Massey? Well worth a watch, all three came across really well as good friends as well as team-mates, good banter and an inside view on Adam's time at the club, his highs and lows, also very funny in parts.
Watched it last night.

Fingers crossed.
Everybody's talking a good fight and training the house down let's hope that reflects in lots of wins when the real action starts
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Feb 2021, 11:19

We get these same comments every pre season Tigerfeat. If you look at most clubs they all say pretty much the same and when the season begins some are right and some are wrong.

That is when we see the reality of pre season and we also start to hear the excuses from the team that do t do what they say they are looking to do.

Some do well or better than expected, some do worse. It’s pretty much the same every year and to be fair not many say anything you wouldn’t expect them to say.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Feb 2021, 11:36

I'd be just playing everything down taking the pressure off but that's just me your right all clubs are bigging themselves up we will see who are the ones making excuses for there poor start six weeks into the season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Feb 2021, 12:22

tigerfeat wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 10:52
old cas lass wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 10:36
Tbf I take statements like that with a pinch of salt.
The proof is in the pudding.....on the field.

Watched it last night.

Fingers crossed.
Everybody's talking a good fight and training the house down let's hope that reflects in lots of wins when the real action starts

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 02 Mar 2021, 13:52

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 11:19 We get these same comments every pre season Tigerfeat. If you look at most clubs they all say pretty much the same and when the season begins some are right and some are wrong.

That is when we see the reality of pre season and we also start to hear the excuses from the team that do t do what they say they are looking to do.

Some do well or better than expected, some do worse. It’s pretty much the same every year and to be fair not many say anything you wouldn’t expect them to say.
There is a great deal of truth in what you say but the very blunt admissions about how there were times when they didn't take it seriously shows how they've moved forward. They simply believed a few pints and a fried breakfast could be trained off.

This tied into what for me were interesting comments about how they used to focus pre-season on absolute fitness and aerobic ability, running miles and miles. Now it is based more on a scientific approach that includes other techniques that retain the aerobic strengths but focus on all aspects of fitness and strength. Sounds obvious but these things often are.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 05 Mar 2021, 20:36

I’ve just seen on the Our League App that they are showing both Tommy Makinson and Chris Hills testimonial fixtures on there. Wonder why Adz hasn’t gone down that route? Or is it another case of them looking after the ‘big boys’?! Potential for a lot more views and also a decent, easy to use platform to purchase and watch.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 06 Mar 2021, 11:03

It's a shame they're not likely to release viewing figures. You could argue that Facebook is a more widely-used platform by the proposed audience. I appreciate that not everyone has a faceache account, but there's every chance there could be more people prepared to sign in and watch on there than there is on the ouRLeague app.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Mar 2021, 11:14

i would love to watch the match but it looks beyond me to access it who ever can watch it please give us updates and your views on the match

covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by covid tiger » 07 Mar 2021, 19:08

Interesting they talk about same feeling in camp as 2017...sadly not the same squad.... Fingers crossed we can get off to a good start especially with new points system..

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 08 Mar 2021, 22:11

Just booked to watch the game,looking forward to some rugby, am sure the squad will contain some old and new faces,never seen Bienek play so wouldn't mind seeing how he goes and apart from highlight reels not seen anything of Peaches,clearly well regarded so wondered if this could be his breakthrough season. Apart from that it's a case of seeing enough to warrant my optimism.