Adam Milner

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Adam Milner

Post by casjunction » 23 Feb 2021, 19:17

Just out of curiosity.
I imagine the posts which do not have the required permissions.
Are they trying to help those who have little or no technical knowledge when it comes to IT and as access to family, friends or an passing friendly adolescent are unable to download to watch the game and add to Adam's testimonial pot.
Could our friendly moderator's advise people.
I think any party who is nominally breeched would not look unkindly on such a transgression.
Without a family member in my support bubble.
I too would be looking at a blank screen.
No slight to hard working moderator's
However l think this is a transgression of a different colour.
Black and Amber.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Feb 2021, 19:57

Can watch the stream via the live stream URL or the live stream embedded on your blog might as well have written it in Arabic for me
I'll ask my grandson when I see him at the weekend sure he will do it in two seconds 😊
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Feb 2021, 20:05

I’m very computer literate so would have no problem sorting it I don’t think - I just have a total aversion to all things Facebook, Twitter, etc.... and won’t use anything associated with them

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 23 Feb 2021, 21:37

casjunction wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 19:17 Just out of curiosity.
I imagine the posts which do not have the required permissions.
Are they trying to help those who have little or no technical knowledge when it comes to IT and as access to family, friends or an passing friendly adolescent are unable to download to watch the game and add to Adam's testimonial pot.
Could our friendly moderator's advise people.
I think any party who is nominally breeched would not look unkindly on such a transgression.
Without a family member in my support bubble.
I too would be looking at a blank screen.
No slight to hard working moderator's
However l think this is a transgression of a different colour.
Black and Amber.
Would that be my posts with the screenshots you are referring?
🐯 COYF!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Feb 2021, 22:48

It was indeed nobody.
I am not a legal expert on copyright.
Or any such technical breeches or infringements which may incur some redress
I just thought
This is a forum for Cas fans.
The information l assume is to assist Cas fans to access something which will benefit a One club Cas player in their testimonial year.
A win for the potential viewers and a win for a Cas player.
Isn't every one a winner!?

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 23 Feb 2021, 22:51

What's a screenshot? 🙃

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 23 Feb 2021, 23:41

casjunction wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 22:48 It was indeed nobody.
I am not a legal expert on copyright.
Or any such technical breeches or infringements which may incur some redress
I just thought
This is a forum for Cas fans.
The information l assume is to assist Cas fans to access something which will benefit a One club Cas player in their testimonial year.
A win for the potential viewers and a win for a Cas player.
Isn't every one a winner!?
I can't see where I've done anything wrong regarding copyright, I'm no expert either. Anyway if it's going to cause any problems for the forum admin can remove them if they see fit. Like you say I was just trying to help. :D
🐯 COYF!

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 24 Feb 2021, 08:48

I don’t see a problem with a screenshot of text that’s freely available in the public domain.

With respect to Adam’s testimonial game, I believe this particular stream will need a logged in account, as it’s behind a paywall.

I’m happy to assist anyone with technical issues, as it’s part of what I do on a daily basis (amongst other things). Feel free to ask away, probably best by private message.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 Feb 2021, 09:49

That's the way Burratha.
Cas Forum member facilitating a positive outcome.
I hope those who are/were experiencing difficulties avail themselves of your kind offer.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 24 Feb 2021, 18:07

Well said Burratha nice one.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Feb 2021, 09:57

i will be getting in touch with Burratha but why they make it hard for some of us to purchase is beyond me i have too many miles on the clock to pick new things up

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Feb 2021, 10:49

gateman wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 09:57 i will be getting in touch with Burratha but why they make it hard for some of us to purchase is beyond me i have too many miles on the clock to pick new things up
Same here gateman.
If it weren’t for daughter I’d have no chance.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Feb 2021, 11:11

Lol that sounds like a lot of us. I'm not technically minded so just try to wing it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Feb 2021, 11:19

I'm frightened to death something will pop up and I'll press by mistake and some scammer will get my details
I went on Sky News website other day 70% adverts or trying to sell you something and 30% content...
Vince Lombardi

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 25 Feb 2021, 16:40

I’m currently asking the question if there is any functionality to pre-test the stream before the game. Obviously, we’d like them to get it right straight away with this one, as we’d all like to log in and view it at the time of the event. There are no second chances really, apart from watching it recorded/streamed later.

At the moment, I’m just getting the responses “it will work” and “it’s bulletproof” - which as far as the stream itself goes, that’s great. But that’s not the answer to my question.

I’ll keep going.

In the meantime, I’ll shortly post some tips here to try to help those of you that are having trouble.

My quick-fix would be to just get a Facebook account (use false details if you’re really paranoid) - you’ll need to be logged in for it to recognise that you’ve paid. Oh, and if you’re on a mobile device, also use the app rather than the website. If you’re on a pc, Mac or Chromebook etc, then the browser should be fine.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 25 Feb 2021, 18:35

Update: I've been contacted directly by Adam Milner (on his Testimonial Facebook page) stating that if anyone is experiencing problems, then they're to contact him directly.

Don't quite know how that will work if you don't use Facebook, but it's a decent enough gesture from him. I also don't quite know how he'll fix problems during the game, whilst he's playing... :-D

Anyway, the Facebook group is here -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1539550136239835

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Feb 2021, 11:02

Blokes been a good servant for Cas Tigers he can have my fiver and it will be a bonus if all goes to plan and I can watch the match on my mobile phone ha
Vince Lombardi

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 26 Feb 2021, 12:20

Just had an additional message from him:

"Hi Steve could you forward me anyone who is having difficulty with the stream and technical problems please I’ll look to resolve this."

He's not given any contact info, so you'd need to pass your email / phone number to me, and I'll pass it on... unless you're wanting to message/contact him directly on his page.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 26 Feb 2021, 15:16

tigerfeat wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 11:02 Blokes been a good servant for Cas Tigers he can have my fiver and it will be a bonus if all goes to plan and I can watch the match on my mobile phone ha
Yep, he can have my fiver too no problem but I won’t have anything to do with Facebook so I’ll have to post it through his letterbox :lol:

ParanoidAndroid

Post by ParanoidAndroid » 27 Feb 2021, 10:17

Did anyone watch the zoom chat with Adam, Oggy and Massey? Well worth a watch, all three came across really well as good friends as well as team-mates, good banter and an inside view on Adam's time at the club, his highs and lows, also very funny in parts.