PREDICTIONS FOR TABLE NEXT YEAR

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
5menofsteel
League One Player
League One Player

Re: PREDICTIONS FOR TABLE NEXT YEAR

Post by 5menofsteel » 04 Dec 2020, 17:55

My first proper post , so hopefully isn't too long winded and doesn't contain too much rubbish;

I think we have recruited well under circumstances . We don't have the kind of finances afforded to other top clubs, but in Evalds we have a world class fb , whose ability to come into the line will not only strengthen our attack , something which was missing at times last season, but will also improve our backs as a unit. Gaz gives us cover at fb and in the halves , and although there is talk on here of him filling in at loose-forward, I can see him as cover for Macca at hooker ( although hopefully won't be needed) if Macca injured or suspended. Either way with Gaz, Milner and O'Neill we have good cover in hooker and loose forward areas now. Turner could be a good signing also . He is a good centre , a position that we have struggled to cover since Webster's departure, who can also cover in pack if needed. Matig looks like the kind of go forward prop that will benefit from being around Liam . I think he will raise his game on the back of this and together with Liam can really help to bring on the younger and less experienced forwards . Bienek fits into this category and under the wing of Watts and Bienek I can see him becoming a fans favourite in the coming years . May need a season or two though to reach his top potential . Strength in depth could be our forte in 2021 . If all SL teams could put out their first 17 every week , then the league would be much tighter , but league leader titles and play-off/relegation spots are nearly always determined by who has the best squad of players rather than the best 1-17 . With the recruitment's made this year , not only do we have a good top 25 , we have cover for all positions, should injuries strike again . We were lacking cover at fb , centre and in the halves last year , all pivotal positions , but in Gaz and Turner we seem have strengthened these positions now . Forwards are also covered , with quality player's available in reserve if needed , giving DP the luxury of resting players (again injury permitting). That said , I do feel that there are a couple of outside factors that may ultimately decide our finishing position in 2021 . 1. It is essential that we get supporters back into grounds . Cas fans are worth 6 plus points at home and no team likes coming to Cas . 2. We need scrums back to help our structure , we seemed to suffer more than most without them this season . With these two stipulations in place , top 3 shouldn't be out of our reach , especially if other teams have injuries to key players as well , failing that we should be able to secure a play-off spot .

Classycas62

Post by Classycas62 » 04 Dec 2020, 18:20

5menofsteel wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 17:55 My first proper post , so hopefully isn't too long winded and doesn't contain too much rubbish;

I think we have recruited well under circumstances . We don't have the kind of finances afforded to other top clubs, but in Evalds we have a world class fb , whose ability to come into the line will not only strengthen our attack , something which was missing at times last season, but will also improve our backs as a unit. Gaz gives us cover at fb and in the halves , and although there is talk on here of him filling in at loose-forward, I can see him as cover for Macca at hooker ( although hopefully won't be needed) if Macca injured or suspended. Either way with Gaz, Milner and O'Neill we have good cover in hooker and loose forward areas now. Turner could be a good signing also . He is a good centre , a position that we have struggled to cover since Webster's departure, who can also cover in pack if needed. Matig looks like the kind of go forward prop that will benefit from being around Liam . I think he will raise his game on the back of this and together with Liam can really help to bring on the younger and less experienced forwards . Bienek fits into this category and under the wing of Watts and Bienek I can see him becoming a fans favourite in the coming years . May need a season or two though to reach his top potential . Strength in depth could be our forte in 2021 . If all SL teams could put out their first 17 every week , then the league would be much tighter , but league leader titles and play-off/relegation spots are nearly always determined by who has the best squad of players rather than the best 1-17 . With the recruitment's made this year , not only do we have a good top 25 , we have cover for all positions, should injuries strike again . We were lacking cover at fb , centre and in the halves last year , all pivotal positions , but in Gaz and Turner we seem have strengthened these positions now . Forwards are also covered , with quality player's available in reserve if needed , giving DP the luxury of resting players (again injury permitting). That said , I do feel that there are a couple of outside factors that may ultimately decide our finishing position in 2021 . 1. It is essential that we get supporters back into grounds . Cas fans are worth 6 plus points at home and no team likes coming to Cas . 2. We need scrums back to help our structure , we seemed to suffer more than most without them this season . With these two stipulations in place , top 3 shouldn't be out of our reach , especially if other teams have injuries to key players as well , failing that we should be able to secure a play-off spot .
Good post pal,welcome

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Dec 2020, 18:47

5menofsteel wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 17:55 My first proper post , so hopefully isn't too long winded and doesn't contain too much rubbish;

Taking of scrums.
Had a thought, if we stay without scrums and the Australians stay with scrums. When it comes to internationals, how’s it gonna work.
We’ve seen how fast it is without them and maybe a change in how players play, train, for the faster game.
Now if the aussies keep them and we don’t, which rules we gonna play to.
Our players mind set will be to have a continued game.

My opinions is being scrums back.

5menofsteel
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 5menofsteel » 04 Dec 2020, 18:52

Thank you Classycas62

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 05 Dec 2020, 01:09

old cas lass wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 18:47
Taking of scrums.
Had a thought, if we stay without scrums and the Australians stay with scrums. When it comes to internationals, how’s it gonna work.
We’ve seen how fast it is without them and maybe a change in how players play, train, for the faster game.
Now if the aussies keep them and we don’t, which rules we gonna play to.
Our players mind set will be to have a continued game.

My opinions is being scrums back.
Not a bad point that. I'd imagine it would continue with international rules which have always been somewhat different to Super League and NRL. For example, if you get advantage and kick the ball then you have immediately given up advantage. As opposed to Super League where teams often try an overambitious play knowing they'll have possession either way. That said, I remember seeing something about them considering the 6 again rule for internationals so I guess it's all up in the air at the moment.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 05 Dec 2020, 01:24

Fevtiger wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 07:18 What about shenny moving to back row with Turner in centre shenny is big enough and good in defence think he's lost that yard or 2 of pace that's why he struggled in centre last yr but think he could do a good job in back row will need cover for Holmes and foster because theyll be guaranteed to be injured for atleast half of season each
What about him hanging is boots up, he's not good enough anymore.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Dec 2020, 07:44

westerbeast73 wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 01:24
Fevtiger wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 07:18 What about shenny moving to back row with Turner in centre shenny is big enough and good in defence think he's lost that yard or 2 of pace that's why he struggled in centre last yr but think he could do a good job in back row will need cover for Holmes and foster because theyll be guaranteed to be injured for atleast half of season each
What about him hanging is boots up, he's not good enough anymore.
Finally, something you and I agree on...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Dec 2020, 09:06

Maybe Shenny will get his second wind and come out more like his old self
Nailed on to start for me either way
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 05 Dec 2020, 09:28

5menofsteel. Really enjoyed reading your thread nice words and I agree. Welcome to the forum and don't get rattled when the morons start.lol

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Dec 2020, 10:07

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 09:06 Maybe Shenny will get his second wind and come out more like his old self
You could be right. McShane was a massive improvement from 2019 as eventually was McMeeken

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 05 Dec 2020, 11:29

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 10:07
tigerfeat wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 09:06 Maybe Shenny will get his second wind and come out more like his old self
You could be right. McShane was a massive improvement from 2019 as eventually was McMeeken
Hopefully the same will be true of Millington because he started the 2020 season really well. It would be a fitting finale for the guy to have a good last season.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 06 Dec 2020, 17:24

Betting wise its odds on that one of Wigan or Saints will be next years champions, Warrington seemingly the only side that could break the monopoly. After that its 12/1 bar although have seen Cas as big as 16/1 to take the title. Its a bit too early for any serious market moves but Watson taking over at Huddersfield and their recent transfer dealings has seen them shorten in the market. At the other end Salford,Wakefield and Hull KR are expected to struggle along with whoever gets the 12th spot. Whatever,those spots from 4 to 9 are going to be hotly contested.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 06 Dec 2020, 18:54

Looking forward to next year. It's obvious who the top few teams are but with playoffs it isn't just about that, get top 5 and anything can happen. I think that 4th and 5th spot would be hard to call as teams like KR strengthening and Hull FC seemingly becoming weaker (with Naulago and Kelly going... Although they have apparently signed Josh Reynolds and will continue to recruit) but I don't expect many easy games.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 06 Dec 2020, 20:16

You wont last too long on here talking sense, you should be criticising the club

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 06 Dec 2020, 20:48

barking wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 20:16 You wont last too long on here talking sense, you should be criticising the club
Or criticising the people on the forum

5menofsteel
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 5menofsteel » 07 Dec 2020, 12:45

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Dec 2020, 11:20

I reckon top 3 relatively injury free. 7/8 with this years injury list.