Away shirts.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Away shirts.

Post by westerbeast73 » 28 Nov 2020, 13:32

westyorkylad wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 13:29 For what its worth I am a big fan of amber as our colour and the new away strip is great, will have to check the material out though before I buy one, as Im a fussy bugger in my old age and tend to prefer the polos now, either way the kids will get one.

Also tend to agree with a lot of Fumpers thoughts seems one of the more reasoanble and balanced posters on the forum for a number of years, also most of the time I find myself in agreement with a lot of westerbeast posts, who is also a pretty reasonable and well rounded poster. Come on fellas, your both on the same side, how about a truce and we all look forward to a new season where hope springs eternal?

Plenty of other numpties on here to contend with without falling out with each other lol. :D
I'm not on here to fall out with people, please read my last post as it explains what I mean. Looks like I will have to open a new thread because people obviously dont liking the fact my comments are on a thread about shirts.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 28 Nov 2020, 13:39

westerbeast73 wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 13:32
westyorkylad wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 13:29 For what its worth I am a big fan of amber as our colour and the new away strip is great, will have to check the material out though before I buy one, as Im a fussy bugger in my old age and tend to prefer the polos now, either way the kids will get one.

Also tend to agree with a lot of Fumpers thoughts seems one of the more reasoanble and balanced posters on the forum for a number of years, also most of the time I find myself in agreement with a lot of westerbeast posts, who is also a pretty reasonable and well rounded poster. Come on fellas, your both on the same side, how about a truce and we all look forward to a new season where hope springs eternal?

Plenty of other numpties on here to contend with without falling out with each other lol. :D
I'm not on here to fall out with people, please read my last post as it explains what I mean. Looks like I will have to open a new thread because people obviously dont liking the fact my comments are on a thread about shirts.
I have indeed read your previous post and I totally get where your coming from, I can see the counter arguments for fans who dont attend etc, but allowing for people who simply cant attend due to health/financial struggles or re-location, on the whole I agree.

The problem is people will voice opinions on a forum that's what they're for, whether their opinion deserves to be given any credit however is whole different story.............................

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 28 Nov 2020, 13:42

westyorkylad wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 13:39
westerbeast73 wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 13:32

I have indeed read your previous post and I totally get where your coming from, I can see the counter arguments for fans who dont attend etc, but allowing for people who simply cant attend due to health/financial struggles or re-location, on the whole I agree.

The problem is people will voice opinions on a forum that's what they're for, whether their opinion deserves to be given any credit however is whole different story.............................
Well said :clap:

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Nov 2020, 13:55

westerbeast73 wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 12:58
nottinghamtiger wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 12:55
westerbeast73 wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 12:53
old cas lass wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 12:50
westerbeast73 wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 12:42 Both shirts this Year look good to me. If you dont financially support the club through matches or merchandise then you have no right IN MY OPINION to come on here spouting we should be buying this player or that, the ground is shocking, John Wells is useless etc. Without supporters spending their money at the club it will go bust, it's that simple. So support Cas from your arm chairs if you like but dont moan when times are tough at the club because you have not helped them financially to survive.
Some folk arnt able to financially fork out £££’s.
I know a few people who can’t afford to go to games but love the club as much as I do.

A lot of people live wage to wage and all is spoken for.
Not all are in a safe and secure financial state.......that’s the real world.
Yes that's fine, but dont then come on here telling Cas how to spend the money if your not supporting them financially. That was my point ??
Your point is that people should only have an opinion if they have paid for it. It’s stupid.
No my point is you can have your own opinion but when it comes to the Cas finances if your not contributing to the club keep it to yourself.
Sorry, I misinterpreted.
Your point is that people should only EXPRESS an opinion if they have paid to do so.
Still stupid.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 28 Nov 2020, 14:09

I think people enjoy rugby for different reasons and it's a personal thing. Arguing about how much of a fan someone is is like arguing about politics or religion. You won't change anyone's mind, you'll just annoy them. No one's gonna turn around and go "Oh yeah fair point I'm plastic", perhaps sarcastically. The reality is some people go for the games, some go for the club, some go for the atmosphere and some go for the day out having a few drinks in the pub. Honestly I'll admit that over the past couple years as more games have been televised I've watched a lot from my "armchair" and not bothered with season tickets but when we play a top team and I expect a passionate game I will go and cheer them on whether it's on tele or not. This changes nothing, I am still a cas fan through and through, get frustrated when we don't perform and go mental when we grind out a tough victory. And I would assume the same is the case for most on here or they wouldn't have bothered to come on the forum and discuss the topics.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 29 Nov 2020, 09:55

It’s also the petty “Let’s meet up at the ground and sort it out” comment that should be removed.

What are you going to sort out by meeting at the ground ffs? I remember someone saying that to me a couple of years ago. Pathetic response to use.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Nov 2020, 10:35

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 09:55 It’s also the petty “Let’s meet up at the ground and sort it out” comment that should be removed.

What are you going to sort out by meeting at the ground ffs? I remember someone saying that to me a couple of years ago. Pathetic response to use.
Absolutely lofthouse.
I know fumper, he’s no dwarf.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 29 Nov 2020, 11:07

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 09:55 It’s also the petty “Let’s meet up at the ground and sort it out” comment that should be removed.

It means I'm interested to see how cocky and arrogant some people would be face to face and not sat behind a keyboard.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Nov 2020, 11:22

westerbeast73 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:07

It means I'm interested to see how cocky and arrogant some people would be face to face and not sat behind a keyboard.
The trouble with that sort of comment (and why it should be removed) is it only takes two idiots to actually do it.
When that has happened in the past (taking generally, not specifically about this forum) there have been some pretty tragic outcomes. You never know what kind of person you’re going to come across in real life when you agree to meet someone you have ‘met’ online. They might well think nothing of carrying a knife or bringing a gang of others to give you a good beating.

It’s why most forums don’t allow and remove that kind of comment. You don’t want it to be the source of a crime!

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 29 Nov 2020, 11:30

nottinghamtiger wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:22

The trouble with that sort of comment (and why it should be removed) is it only takes two idiots to actually do it.
When that has happened in the past (taking generally, not specifically about this forum) there have been some pretty tragic outcomes. You never know what kind of person you’re going to come across in real life when you agree to meet someone you have ‘met’ online. They might well think nothing of carrying a knife or bringing a gang of others to give you a good beating.

It’s why most forums don’t allow and remove that kind of comment. You don’t want it to be the source of a crime!
Well, I for one am not that type of person. Maybe people should only type on here what they would say to someones face. That would solve a lot of issues for a start.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Nov 2020, 11:39

westerbeast73 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:30

Well, I for one am not that type of person.
In which case you’re putting yourself in a pretty vulnerable position, because the person you meet up with could well be.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Nov 2020, 11:42

Well, I for one am not that type of person. Maybe people should only type on here what they would say to someones face. That would solve a lot of issues for a start.
I agree with you Westerbeast but sadly that would validate big arrogant bullies who think that they can say anything to anyone because they are pretty sure that they could hand out a thumping to old blokes like me and they would be right, so the rules need to shut all those sort of posts down.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 29 Nov 2020, 11:47

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:42

I agree with you Westerbeast but sadly that would validate big arrogant bullies who think that they can say anything to anyone because they are pretty sure that they could hand out a thumping to old blokes like me and they would be right, so the rules need to shut all those sort of posts down.
Nobody should be thumping anyone, people just need to think before they start posting abuse on here.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Nov 2020, 12:21

westerbeast73 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:47
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:42

Nobody should be thumping anyone, people just need to think before they start posting abuse on here.
Hang on...
This was your post yesterday:

“For some one that comes across so arrogant on this forum the fact you put very little financial support towards the club is laughable. The way you talk to people on this forum is discusting at times. Don't worry I wont be commenting on anything you say on here ever again or PM you. Hopefully we will come face to face one day so we can get this sorted out but not over a keyboard. However that's probably unlikely due to the fact you very rarely go watch any live games. Everyone now knows YOUR AN ARMCHAIR SUPPORTER“

And now you’re saying people should think before posting anything abusive? Does anything strike you as a bit hypocritical?
You’ve called someone arrogant, disgusting and an ‘armchair supporter’. And said that you hope you ‘come face to face one day so we can get this sorted out’, which is basically a threat of violence.

And then you come up with ‘people need to think before they start posting abuse’, as if you’re some kind of victim, when in fact you are the one doing it.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 29 Nov 2020, 12:30

For starters you shouldn't be putting words in peoples mouths. Saying hopefully one day we will come face to face so we can sort it out is not saying I'm going to beat someone up/ come with mates, knives etc. You need to be very careful before making those types of comments.
Also those comments have come after months of verbal insults from said person on here hence why I wont be responding to anything that person puts on here ever again.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 29 Nov 2020, 12:36

Really did not want to make this comment in this thread, however, the way one of two posters are bleating on and on in a dictorial manner regarding free speech, think about the impression you are giving to inquisitive individuals and possible future fans from outside of the rugby league heartland who may wish to visit this forum. You're hardly selling the club as a fan friendly club which I truly believe it to be. Whether you wish to believe this or not, for the future of Cas and the future of the game, the rugby league fan base and the game itself needs to grow and that growth needs to come from outside of the RL heartland. You're are hardly doing the club or this forum any favours. Yes have your say, but don't then put yourself above others whose personal circumstances you know nothing about.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Nov 2020, 12:40

westerbeast73 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 12:30 For starters you shouldn't be putting words in peoples mouths. Saying hopefully one day we will come face to face so we can sort it out is not saying I'm going to beat someone up/ come with mates, knives etc. You need to be very careful before making those types of comments.
Also those comments have come after months of verbal insults from said person on here hence why I wont be responding to anything that person puts on here ever again.
I don’t have time to be trawling through months of posts to be honest. I just saw the hypocrisy of the two posts you made in this thread - firstly doling out abuse (yesterday)and then saying people should think before they post abuse (today)!

I never suggested that you would do any of those things. I’m fact, my point was that you are putting yourself in a vulnerable position, as the person you meet to ‘sort things out’ might well be. You just never know who you are going to come across. It’s a stupid comment (again) that has lead to pretty awful consequences for people in the past who have been daft enough to actually meet up to ‘sort things out’.

Have you found the ‘add foe’ function? This means you won’t see any posts from people on your ‘foes’ list (unless they are quoted by someone else). I manage to avoid most things by flow (or whatever alias he uses now) and it makes the forum a lot more enjoyable.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 29 Nov 2020, 12:50

Thanks for that info, I will do it now.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 29 Nov 2020, 12:57

For information please?
Will the shop open next week after lockdown and will they be selling home and away shirts. I have bought two, need to change sizes on both! Better to get a refund and buy from shop if possible.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Nov 2020, 13:00

I like reading what Flow puts makes me smile even tho hes called me a few names ha ha
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi