Very curious but not furious

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Very curious but not furious

Post by LeagueLeaders » 23 Nov 2020, 10:20

HuddsTigers wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 08:03 Hull KR have let absolutely loads go.

So if they have let in 12 but only bring in 3 or 4 players, then financially they may be saving. And I'd add that they may sign NRL players but it matters zero if you have no squad depth and get injuries.
So they've looked at the squad, dropped some dead weight and put that money into top quality additions. Something Cas could do to think about.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Nov 2020, 10:31

tigerfeat wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 08:32 After the last two dud signings from the NRL I wouldn't think we would be in a rush to put another player on big money from the NRL
Were weak looking in the centres because of mistakes Shenton shouldn't have been given two years more and Blair if he as a role it will be in the forwards
I don't know how people know we won't be making more signings Powell said he wanted to bring 2 or 3 more players in few weeks ago
i am with you mate we have had our fingers burnt with our last two overseas signings James Clare and Shenton these two have easily been more value for money if we do not sort out our off field training and conditioning we will be in for a long season

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 23 Nov 2020, 10:37

Are injury record from training in recent years has been absolutely shocking and nothing seems to have been done about this . Greg Eden is the best winger at the club for me and deserves his starting number back . Should have let Shenton go last year and tried for sarginson . We’ve got all that money wasted on feki and I would rather have someone like joe burgess or tom Davies any day of the week and would be cheaper too . We need to stop rewarding players that don’t deserve contracts and have had there day like Shenton and milo . We’re knackered if we get a couple of props that are injured .

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 23 Nov 2020, 11:28

Where we fell behind was when we seemed to sign up every player Luke Gales agent offered us. Then he got rid of his/our main player to our main rival and then won the cup...

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 23 Nov 2020, 11:50

Let’s not panic yet, this super league season isn’t officially over yet so we’ve got a long way to go before we see what our squads like next season. The biggest worry for me is our recent injury record, if we have similar injuries to this year and last year we’ll be about 7-9 place in the table but if we can keep the majority fit I think we have the ability to be pushing for play off success. I’d happily take 2 English forwards with another overseas forward and an overseas line breaking centre (chase Stanley). If those targets are meet we are definitely in for a good year especially if us fans can return.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 23 Nov 2020, 12:25

Well said. I think that's the frustrating thing about it. With our team as it stands I hardly expect a top 6 finish let alone making play offs or getting to finals. That said, we're only weak in a few areas which are somewhat easy to replace. A decent centre to replace Shenny and one or two powerful hard running front rowers is all we need and we'd be top 5 for sure imo.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Nov 2020, 15:02

LeagueLeaders wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 23:31 Why would we not go on league position? It's the only thing that matters. Are you the type that loses a game and goes "ooh well there were some positives"? Doesn't make you a bad fan or a moaner to point out the obvious, that we have continually fallen further down the ladder over the last few years. Also I'd imagine the 'moans' were about the grand final, not the league position.
Don’t actually disagree with your views at all and stated at the outset that we needed to improve
I agree that it doesn’t make you a bad fan or a moaner to point out the obvious, but looking for positives doesn’t either.
Think I’ll leave it there, other than to say that I don’t think that this year’s league table isn’t an accurate reflection of anything much at all after all the changes, interruptions and anomalies. So let’s just agree that we need to improve.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Nov 2020, 15:47

You can blame the league platings on a vid and say it isn’t a true reflection but when you look at the top 3 teams they are always there or there abouts year in year out. 2 of them have changed coaches a couple of times and lost top players yet they still manage to finish top 3. If we are up to the cap as the top 3 surely must be the. Where is our value for money in the squad we have? How do Wigan and Saints consistently achieve?

We are now in danger of being overtaken by Hull and Catalans and even Leeds seem to be improving with a cup win to boot.

If the season changes have been a reason we failed then why didn’t any of the above fail as badly as we did? We see all the time that the changes killed us with the speed etc but how good/fast were we in 2017?

We lost a full back and agent had a proper full back until Evalds arrives next year, almost 4 years it has taken. We also lost Gale and he is now a cup winner. Our direct replacement hasn’t yet shown up enough but given time I think he will.

As has been said if you look at our injuries and blame that then questions need to be asked about the training/conditioning team as we don’t seem to get players fit. By was Jamie Bell given a job he isn’t good enough to do? Who decided he was the right choice? We took 2 years to get Gale fit. How many games has he missed inured for Leeds?

Wakefield had as bad if not worse injuries and look at some of the games they won towards the end. They have something in buckets full that we don’t. Enthusiasm, effort and a togetherness. I can only recall we had this in 2017. Just to add that they appear to be close to developing their ground very soon and the plans look good. Again we are way behind on this front.

Nobody knows what will happen with signings for next year unless you listen to the views on here. So many different ones so can’t all be correct. We just have to wait and see and until then we don’t know too much and will only do so once we get closer to next season starting.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 23 Nov 2020, 16:21

Christ you got that one off your chest 😂 you're right tho, can't blame covid for losing our games any more than you could blame rain and wind. It affected everyone and we didn't manage because we seem to have so many injured at any given time that another player out means a kid playing. I don't know who's to blame for that but it's a club issue so needs to be seen as one and dealt with, can't go pointing blame everywhere else.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Nov 2020, 16:35

from what im led to believe the one thing they all have that we dont is a chairman that is interested in the club, end of!

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 23 Nov 2020, 17:32

Tigersbarmy wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 22:05 Anyone tell me how hull kr can sign/afford players from NRL but we can’t ?

We’re so much on the decline and facts so that we are with league positions as we have fell below position every year , our recruitment and contract retention is the worst in the league . Saying that i don’t think we’re in a rush to sign NRL players , the last two haven’t been cracking . We are slowly falling behind , some people and the club will try con you that this year was a one off but I think we’ve got serious problems. Oh btw we need a better conditioner than Jamie bell
Yes Hull KR have signed alot of NRL players but look how they've done this season it hasn't really helped them. Also if you don't count this season with all the covid nonsense then we've finished 1st, 3rd and 5th which for a club our size is pretty good. I think if we have a solid off season and get some injured players back and once Evalds is settled in I think we can get top 4 easy.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Nov 2020, 18:55

LeagueLeaders wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 10:20
HuddsTigers wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 08:03 Hull KR have let absolutely loads go.

So if they have let in 12 but only bring in 3 or 4 players, then financially they may be saving. And I'd add that they may sign NRL players but it matters zero if you have no squad depth and get injuries.
So they've looked at the squad, dropped some dead weight and put that money into top quality additions. Something Cas could do to think about.

FFS, we have signed Evalds and O'Brien permanently. Two quality additions.

What more can the club do? We don't know who or what else we are going to bring in and already had a better squad than KR.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Nov 2020, 18:59

Tigersbarmy wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 10:37 Are injury record from training in recent years has been absolutely shocking and nothing seems to have been done about this . Greg Eden is the best winger at the club for me and deserves his starting number back . Should have let Shenton go last year and tried for sarginson . We’ve got all that money wasted on feki and I would rather have someone like joe burgess or tom Davies any day of the week and would be cheaper too . We need to stop rewarding players that don’t deserve contracts and have had there day like Shenton and milo . We’re knackered if we get a couple of props that are injured .
And imagine how much crying there would have been had we signed those. The club can't win and all some fans on here can do is bash them when hindsight is absolutely no chuffing use to anyone.

All you can do is learn from it. But the approach of signing project players isn't going to change while DP is here. That is a fact and people need to accept it. If they can't that is their problem.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Nov 2020, 19:00

On the 9th place finish, where would have finished without being shafted by some bad decisions and all the red cards that were missed against us? We weren't superb after lockdown but we weren't bad either and we should have had more wins than the table shows.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 23 Nov 2020, 19:37

“We should have won” doesn’t address the issues the club have.

“Bad decisions and missed red cards” like we are the only club that this happens to. Did you see how Catalans played at Saints the other night?

“We must learn from it” is rather tedious nowadays as we don’t ever learn from things and we see a cycle of things happening at the club. One step forward 3 steps back.

“We have signed Evalds and O’Brien”. It’s taken almost 4 years to find a quality proper full back. O’Brien we were very lucky with and had he not been with us where would we have ended up? Lower than 9th possibly.

You maybe need to improve your “Special relationship with the club” and take up a position to help run it. This current shower must love “Fans” like you.

Remember you were 100% up the jacksy of Richard Wright for years and you are still doing it now. Get the blinkers and rose tinted specs off and see things for what they are.

We are going nowhere with this lot in charge and whilst we have Fulton pulling the strings we won’t win anything. He doesn’t care about the club as an owner should do as has been said earlier in this thread. When was the last time you saw him at a game or on the tv as we do with Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Hull, Huddersfield and the spotlight king Michael Carter.

Finally how many fans are like you compared to the ones that aren’t? No contest.

Have a nice evening :dance: :dance: :dance:

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 23 Nov 2020, 20:30

Great post mate , clubs is going in wrong direction and finally people are waking up to it . Ian Fulton has no interest in us what so ever , and less said about mark gratton the better . I feel so sorry for Powell he’s been dealt so many bad cards whilst been either . Powell got cas to a grand final and got backed with Garry Lo , James Green , Jamie Ellis , James Clare , Cory Aston and Joe Wardle 🙈😂

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Nov 2020, 20:33

I'm not denying the club could do with 1 or 2 more signings but it isn't the whole city on fire like some people profess or claim.

It feels like I've just walked into a Trump seminar. Don't sign Australians, we have had our fingers burnt. Why isn't the club signing an NRL forward who only played 5 times last season?! FFS, we are getting overtaken by Hull KR!

Play the youngsters but don't play them, sign Australians instead.

We should have won indicates that with a sense of perspective, it isn't as bad as people make out. Yes all clubs get calls against them, but rarely do clubs get 3 games in a row where a red card should have been issued that would have dramatically altered the outcomes of those games (arguably).

Depends on your definition of learning from it. DP isn't going to change his signing policy as I've said, and if that can't be accepted then it isn't upto the club to placate that attitude. You can't stop injuries. You can't tell which signings are going to work out, and which aren't. Everyone was loving the Feki and Blair signings and now the club is wrong and run badly. It is laughable. As I said, hindsight helps no one. The club has to look forwards while also managing a delicate financial situation and budget. That is if we still want a club to support.

Yes, we signed Evalds and the club signed Rankin before that who was a decent full back. Sure we have trialled a few things but you don't know unless you try them. Risk, rewards and the ability to manage the cap better. DP already identified a new half back for this season so if it wasn't O'Brien it would have been someone else. And this reinforces that the club is learning from the last 12 months by recruiting in positions it needs.

Finally, it is funny you descend into the personal attacks of my constructive support of the club. Yes, I had a good relationship with people at the club. Sue me. That didn't stop me being constructive to them either by email/phone/personally. The whole point of supporting a club is to do that; that includes financially, emotionally, physically, and verbally. It doesn't stop me wanting the best but there's nothing wrong with balance and a view that isn't anti-club every single day and rarely gives any credit or praise.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Nov 2020, 20:38

Ps pretty sure we won the LLS with Ian Fulton in charge and that clearly meant a lot to him, because he knew how much it meant to his Dad to see Cas successful. And if the plan is that he wants to turn WR into a state of the art training ground in Jack's name than selling off the land for his debt, I think that says a lot about the legacy he wants to leave at Cas.

Regarding his image, I'm pretty sure IF attends games. He isn't recognisable but that's probably because he leaves all the club running to Grattan and Wells as the PR/face of the club. That's fair enough to me.
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 23 Nov 2020, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Nov 2020, 20:39

HuddsTigers wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 20:38 Ps pretty sure we won the LLS with Ian Fulton in charge and that clearly meant a lot to him, because he knew how much it meant to his Dad to see Cas successful. And if the plan is that he wants to turn WR into a state of the art training ground in Jack's name than selling off the land for his debt, I think that says a lot about the legacy he wants to leave at Cas.
Hudds, you should know better than to argue with facts on here 😂😂😂

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Nov 2020, 20:42

Fumper27 wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 20:39
HuddsTigers wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 20:38 Ps pretty sure we won the LLS with Ian Fulton in charge and that clearly meant a lot to him, because he knew how much it meant to his Dad to see Cas successful. And if the plan is that he wants to turn WR into a state of the art training ground in Jack's name than selling off the land for his debt, I think that says a lot about the legacy he wants to leave at Cas.
Hudds, you should know better than to argue with facts on here 😂😂😂
We can't pick and choose :lol: Other fans are roasted for saying the LLS is meaningless and using that to beat Cas with. To me it is undervalued and always has been. It is a strong achievement to win it and be the most consistent team. It may not be the ultimate prize but it is something we have won and an immense source of pride for me, as it should be any Cas fan that we won it.