Home shirts.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Home shirts.

Post by sirocco7 » 20 Nov 2020, 17:36

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 16:38
yorky wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:31 st helens / wigan/ / hull etc home shirts are always in their traditional colours, what exactly does our club have against black & amber?
You may not believe this but orange is much cheaper to produce meaning more profit for the club. This was the case for years under RW. No other reason than that to change to nasty traffic cone orange.

Apparently amber isn't or it wasn't an easy colour to produce.

For what its worth this new home shirt is crap so there will be 3 shirts, polos and hoodies not being bought in our group. it also looks unlikely we can buy a ST ticket then we should be saving around £700 ish next year, maybe more when you include programmes and match day food/drink.

That is completely not true in relation to the cost to produce amber.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 20 Nov 2020, 17:39

I'm more concerned about which players will be wearing the shirt nevermind the colour of it.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Nov 2020, 17:40

old cas lass wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 16:34
daytona wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:34 Fashion is very subjective so you will never please all of the people all of the time. Just look at threads on all other forums about shirts. You will get the same response. For what it’s worth my opinion is I like it and will definitely be buying one. :clap:

It’s not about liking it or not.
For me it’s about losing our identity and tradition.

Imagine Man Utd or Liverpool changing their traditional home colours to blue or green or whatever.

It’s their identity. I feel like whoever sanctioned these shirts are taking our identity and tradition away from us.

It’s not about fashion.
exactly!!!!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 20 Nov 2020, 17:42

sirocco7 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:36
yorky wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 15:31 st helens / wigan/ / hull etc home shirts are always in their traditional colours, what exactly does our club have against black & amber?
You may not believe this but orange is much cheaper to produce meaning more profit for the club. This was the case for years under RW. No other reason than that to change to nasty traffic cone orange.

For what its worth this new home shirt is crap so there will be 3 shirts, polos and hoodies not being bought in our group. it also looks unlikely we can buy a ST ticket then we should be saving around £700 ish next year, maybe more when you include programmes and match day food/drink.

I heard a variation on this!
When XBlades took over from ISC in 2015, they had the orange Pantone already produced as it had been used for Wests Tigers, so it was easier/cheaper/quicker just to use that shade of orange for our shirts too.
No idea how true that is, but they are exactly the same shade of orange!

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 20 Nov 2020, 18:32

If that’s the home shirt what colour / design the away shirt going to look like.. it’s an away shirt all day long.. but on saying that I agree I’m also more concerned who’ll be wearing them

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 20 Nov 2020, 18:36

Home shirt Black and Amber that colour is us. Don't start messing around with the colour's I grew up with. Cas is black and amber and always will be. New strip keep it I ain't buying I would jump in the river first or has it changed into a pond . Get a grip and stop spoiling my club our club totally miffed over this.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Nov 2020, 18:40

Piquad1 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 18:36 Home shirt Black and Amber that colour is us. Don't start messing around with the colour's I grew up with. Cas is black and amber and always will be. New strip keep it I ain't buying I would jump in the river first or has it changed into a pond . Get a grip and stop spoiling my club our club totally miffed over this.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 20 Nov 2020, 18:42

North Leeds Tiger wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 13:16 The club are saying its the first Black home shirt in 20 years. I cant remember the last one, can anyone jog my memory.
I also hope they dont go all Black and pair this with either white or Orange Shorts.

When I win 110 million tonight on the lottery I will redevelop Wheldon Road, name all 4 stands after my favourite players, change the kit to Amber shirts white shorts, and as there will be no need for sponsored shirts as we will be cash rich, I will put the name of my favourite fish n' chip shop or Curry House on the amber shirts.
Seems you will be sharing the lottery with me. If you are willing, we can rebuild the old girl, the playing staff and, both be in agreement that we will be playing in amber again.
See you at the cheque presentation and we can lay out our cunning plan. 😎😎👍🍺

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 20 Nov 2020, 18:53

You'll be the first I shout Fasthands

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Nov 2020, 19:00

fast hands wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 18:42
North Leeds Tiger wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 13:16 The club are saying its the first Black home shirt in 20 years. I cant remember the last one, can anyone jog my memory.
I also hope they dont go all Black and pair this with either white or Orange Shorts.

When I win 110 million tonight on the lottery I will redevelop Wheldon Road, name all 4 stands after my favourite players, change the kit to Amber shirts white shorts, and as there will be no need for sponsored shirts as we will be cash rich, I will put the name of my favourite fish n' chip shop or Curry House on the amber shirts.
Seems you will be sharing the lottery with me. If you are willing, we can rebuild the old girl, the playing staff and, both be in agreement that we will be playing in amber again.
A few P45s would be handed out sharpish to some off field personnel...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 20 Nov 2020, 19:27

tigerfeat wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 19:00

A few P45s would be handed out sharpish to some off field personnel...
If I won I’ll be doing same alongside this DP will be given a job for life and Jon Wells an ultimatum Cas or Sky 🤣

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Nov 2020, 20:49

I like the shirt. It is simple and effective, and looks a pretty nice design.

It is more of an away shirt than a home if you are going down a tradition route but if you are going down a brand route, our colours are black, orange, amber and white. Does it contain black and amber/orange? Yes. While I'd like a bit more amber/orange, surely the amount of each doesn't matter as long as it contains both. Everyone says our colours are black and amber after all (black being first).

I think there's a couple of things to mention here too, and I wish the club would explain. One is, if this is a commercial decision for financial reasons I think most people would understand. A cheap predominantly one colour shirt saves a lot of dosh no doubt in an uncertain period.

If it is to keep things fresh, I understand that. We changed from amber to orange because sales of shirts were dropping and people kept reusing old versions. Perhaps the same is true again now. No doubt some will say down to shirt designs but our kits generally have sold well in recent years but obviously some will do better than others.

I only got the third kit this year (yellow one) but that out of sentiment for my late Grandad.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Nov 2020, 21:04

nottinghamtiger wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:42
sirocco7 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:36

I heard a variation on this!
When XBlades took over from ISC in 2015, they had the orange Pantone already produced as it had been used for Wests Tigers, so it was easier/cheaper/quicker just to use that shade of orange for our shirts too.
No idea how true that is, but they are exactly the same shade of orange!
You are correct with your comments. Hence it was cheaper to use orange as they didn’t need to pay more for Amber.

My comment about RW was maybe not clear but was meant to point out that if things could be done I the cheap then they were. This was one factor in changing to orange.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 20 Nov 2020, 22:00

My main issue with the kit is like old cas lass said why do the club feel the need to change the club colours from amber and black or orange to just all black especially with the Covid situation we really needed the kits to sell well. Its going to be very strange seeing cas next year down the lane running around in an all black kit with no amber or orange in sight lol

Fevtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fevtiger » 20 Nov 2020, 22:13

westerbeast73 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 17:39 I'm more concerned about which players will be wearing the shirt nevermind the colour of it.
Exactly it's a shirt got bigger issues than what shirt were wearing it's still cas shirt if you dont like it dont buy it simple how many people moaned about orange and black shirts and bought shirt in 2017 when we won league?

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 20 Nov 2020, 23:08

@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 13:40
Nope. Beats me. 1962-1963 we had a black home shirt though.
Beats me too,but I do remember the shirts in the early to mid sixties being predominantly black but they did have a broad Amber hoop with a thinner white hoop inside it. A signed photo of Alan Hardisty wearing said shirt and diving over for try against Wigan in 63 has pride of place in my house. Daft thing is I can remember the furore amongst the old guard when the new Amber shirt came in to replace it. Nowt new then.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 21 Nov 2020, 11:22

Not sure I agree with all this talk of... It xblades, and cheap colour stock from West tigers.

I seem to recall in 2004 that kit makers kukri had a black and orange shirt, and I am sure that in 2002 the predominantly white shirt had orange pipping in it.

Given that we have been playing in black and orange for almost 20 years that I can recall.

Also for all we know the away shirt might be white, orange Amber etc. It's clearly a commercial desicion based on the fact that more black shirts sell than any other colour outside of those people who will buy a shirt regardless.

I am sure a couple of years back one of the directors even stated that a predominantly black shirt sold better as it could be worn in a more social environment not just game days.

There is clearly a wish to go to more traditional colours by some but you have to go on the commercial majority

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrugbyshirts

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 21 Nov 2020, 11:30

St Albans tiger wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 11:22 Not sure I agree with all this talk of... It xblades, and cheap colour stock from West tigers.

I seem to recall in 2004 that kit makers kukri had a black and orange shirt, and I am sure that in 2002 the predominantly white shirt had orange pipping in it.

Given that we have been playing in black and orange for almost 20 years that I can recall.

Also for all we know the away shirt might be white, orange Amber etc. It's clearly a commercial desicion based on the fact that more black shirts sell than any other colour outside of those people who will buy a shirt regardless.

I am sure a couple of years back one of the directors even stated that a predominantly black shirt sold better as it could be worn in a more social environment not just game days.

There is clearly a wish to go to more traditional colours by some but you have to go on the commercial majority
To be honest, the concept of a ‘home’ and ‘away’ kit is a bit misleading too.
We often wear our ‘home’ shirt for away games.
We sometimes don’t wear the ‘home’ shirt at Wheldon Road.
Follow me on Twitter @casrugbyshirts

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 21 Nov 2020, 12:49

There might be a slight problem Fast Hands.!since I have won the £110 million split with you, Holly Willoughbys got in touch and said she’s always loved me and wants to set up home in Surrey so we can be together and go watch Harlequins. I don’t know what to do now.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Nov 2020, 15:22

You need to leave off the mushrooms NLT.