accounts filed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yefords84

Re: accounts filed

Post by yefords84 » 03 Nov 2020, 11:13

Casmania wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 16:22
tigerfeat wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 16:13 Didn't we change the accountents ...maybe no choice if the others walked out!
We didn't change accountants. Townsends resigned from being the clubs accountants after many years of service.

That only suggests they don't want to be involved in accounts they don't believe are legitimate. Someone dipping there hands in...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 03 Nov 2020, 11:38

yefords84 wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 11:13
Casmania wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 16:22
tigerfeat wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 16:13 Didn't we change the accountents ...maybe no choice if the others walked out!
We didn't change accountants. Townsends resigned from being the clubs accountants after many years of service.
Someone dipping there hands in...
Quite a claim to make without any proof....

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 03 Nov 2020, 13:31

What utter nonsense.

It would be great if any one on here actually knew what it meant when an auditor resigns.

There are so many reasons why auditors resign.

The term resignation, simply means changed.

Auditors have to be reappointed on an annual basis, they have to put themselves forward for reappointment to be agreed by the directors of the business.

Resignation can occur for any number of reasons such as...

Statutory obligation for each company is for auditors to rotate or resign on a 5 year basis.

Company no longer needing an audit therefore no requirement for an auditor. As you will notice these accounts are not audited.

Cost... The job can be tendered out each year, with the directors choosing to go for a lower fee structure. Many incumbent audit firms will actually not tender for existing contracts as the fees don't historically cover the companies costs

Partners retiring from a firm, where by existing partners do not want the job.

Fraud on either side

Poor technical performance by an auditor.

Conflict of interest with directors personal or other business interests.

Could be any number of reasons.

And yes I should know what I am talking about, as I was an auditor for 5 years.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 03 Nov 2020, 13:39

Steady on.
If people only posted from positions of knowledge or expertise it would be very poor and sparse reading.
I acquiesce to your knowledge and thank you for clarification on the position of audit and the resignation of auditors.
Stay safe

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 03 Nov 2020, 14:23

St Albans tiger wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 13:31 What utter nonsense.

...... Some really sensible stuff........

And yes I should know what I am talking about, as I was an auditor for 5 years.
I think the frustration and speculation is as a result of a lack of clarity and transparency - where there is vagary allows for speculation and if we as fans, I include all posters here in this group including myself, have proven anything is we like to speculate!

When it feels like people are being sparing and have omissions and obfuscation, people assume the worst.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Nov 2020, 16:29

tigerfeat wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 08:59
Robbo wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 23:43
casjunction wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 22:03 Not seen the accounts.
But l am not surprised at the loss.
We made a small profit when crowds were up and outlay on players lower.
From memory few clubs make a profit which means they rely on the largesse of Chairpersons or not as the case maybe.
I said very early on inthe pandemic full time rugby league in it's present form would struggle to survive.
Accounts as summarised as in previous posts make CTRL look even more precarious.
Many businesses will be experiencing similarly worrying time.
Always look on the.......
Remember this is the season before the current one with no or little revenue.
Sky funding cover the max spend on players. Is that correct.

The stock level ( at cost ) looks very high to me.
Finally average number of monthly employees at 145 !! Is that a typo?
Robbo
You could half that number if you removed friends and family of the Grattons ;)
Sounds like the old joke..." How many Grattan's does it take to change a light bulb"...

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 03 Nov 2020, 16:53

I've never felt as reluctant to use the internet and these forums - and it's posts like this that are part of the reason why.

This isn't having a go at the original post by any means. Forums are built on people sharing info - they're 100% in their right to do it.

It's just after fourteen years on here I just don't think I have the mentality to wade through these sort of threads any longer.

it's more a general point about any information that comes out of the club nowadays, but I just feel social media and this forum has got more inclined to posting vague snippets of information that get twisted, with every post becoming a Chinese whisper that makes the next one more extreme and it's just hard to make sense of anything. Whether that is accounts, Daryl leaving or us never getting a stadium, it's the same thing and it's just boring.

The initial post almost asks more questions than it answers, and as most users can't really make any more sense of those facts without seeing the figures ourselves or in context, I'm not sure what help that is on a forum where you can't have a level playing field to verify. I can imagine those figures aren't good and I don't doubt they are accurate, it's just hard for the vast majority to fans to comprehend this without the knowledge of how a rugby league club operates on a day to day basis. It's a genuinely depressing experience coming on here to see all the bad news, which is why I rarely log in or post any longer.

I've been reading about our impending financial meltdown since our last financial meltdown back in 2013, and barring the inevitable reprieve 2017 gave us, it's probably due to arrive at some point soon and there has been a sense that not all has been well since the Gill/Hardaker fiasco. I just feel like reading discussions that descend into damaging accusations after a semi cryptic post isn't productive, interesting and leads to no action or alteration at the club.

I have no doubt the club has financial troubles. But unless we have full and transparent discussions in the open on here, it's all a little fruitless. Until then I think my days on this forum are done.

I'm not ashamed to say I envy Warrington fans never having to worry about the idea of going under with Simon Moran at the helm.

It's just a shame the area doesn't have a competent businessman who could put their money where their mouth is and solve all these financial problems. Maybe one day.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Nov 2020, 18:06

I'd class Andrew Caddick as a successful local businessman. Some have said he was introduced to the board of directors way back and they weren't impressed with him?!.

We all live in hope that another person like him would climb aboard and give the club proper professional direction. But I fear most locals who become successful and worth a bit of money can't move away fast enough.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 03 Nov 2020, 20:32

I guess that's Paul Caddick you refer to?

There is another reason new accountants are sought and that's that the account handler moves to another firm.

I agree with the poster 2 or 3 back but please explain how we get information when the club refuses to discuss with its stakeholders?
To share accounts at a meeting. They had one for 90 years plus.
Truth is always best !

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Nov 2020, 20:47

Robbo wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 20:32 I guess that's Paul Caddick you refer to?

There is another reason new accountants are sought and that's that the account handler moves to another firm.

I agree with the poster 2 or 3 back but please explain how we get information when the club refuses to discuss with its stakeholders?
To share accounts at a meeting. They had one for 90 years plus.
My bad! Got the wrong Caddick!. Yes Paul is the bloke who owns the construction firm that has rebuilt both sides of Headingley,right?!🙂

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 03 Nov 2020, 21:13

duke street 10 wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 18:06 I'd class Andrew Caddick as a successful local businessman. Some have said he was introduced to the board of directors way back and they weren't impressed with him?!.

We all live in hope that another person like him would climb aboard and give the club proper professional direction. But I fear most locals who become successful and worth a bit of money can't move away fast enough.
Andrew Caddick was the England fast bowler from the 90s / 00s 😂😂😂😂

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 Nov 2020, 22:09

I’m back because I’m unhealthy and going into hospital for quite a long stretch soon, not Covid, I find the forum interesting.. I’m sorry if I’ve upset ‘you’ in the past. Nobody knows folks’ struggles.

Seems there was only 2 folks who had issue. One was dumper who I’d invite to pm me please.

Right to the thread at hand.

This scares the living daylights out of me.

It reminds me of the break up of the 94 team. Nikau, Blackmore, Ellis, Ford, Kemp Etc.

My first fear is Daryl actually. I fear he’s been informed he has nothing to work with and that several high profile players will be sold. Including trueman (fine) including Richardson and most other players above average.

The only player I think will stay is Liam. Like crooksy did. To the end. Captain.etc.

It seems clear to me what is on the horizon, and despite Daryl’s heart breaking, I CAN see him seeing no hope for us, and a good safe deal on offer at hull. It all adds up to me at least now.

Sorry if you think I’m talking crap. It’s just my ‘predictions’ and it genuinely pains me more than what is coming up for me at hospital etc.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Nov 2020, 22:24

Some right drama queens on here we have signed Evalds offered O’Brien a contract but then everyone is leaving 😂

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 03 Nov 2020, 23:32

Without knowing the details the accounts don't look great... But one point to make is that the assumed loss...movement on p&l resrevs may or not be what accountants call a trading loss... Or in brief an actual cash loss.

As pointed out one key movement in the loss is the amortisation of transfer fees. This is a 75,000 accounting loss, not a trading loss.

Alos cash is down by 300k but in the other side debtors are up by the same amount.

The results are not great but you need to stop jumping to conclusions without knowing the back ground.

And before some says we deserve to know... Do we really? Its not a public company so legally no you don't. Most shareholders are minority shareholders.

Stop worring over things that you have no control over

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 04 Nov 2020, 09:14

Mysterio wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 22:09 I’m back because I’m unhealthy and going into hospital for quite a long stretch soon, not Covid, I find the forum interesting.. I’m sorry if I’ve upset ‘you’ in the past. Nobody knows folks’ struggles.

Seems there was only 2 folks who had issue. One was dumper who I’d invite to pm me please.

Right to the thread at hand.

This scares the living daylights out of me.

It reminds me of the break up of the 94 team. Nikau, Blackmore, Ellis, Ford, Kemp Etc.

My first fear is Daryl actually. I fear he’s been informed he has nothing to work with and that several high profile players will be sold. Including trueman (fine) including Richardson and most other players above average.

The only player I think will stay is Liam. Like crooksy did. To the end. Captain.etc.

It seems clear to me what is on the horizon, and despite Daryl’s heart breaking, I CAN see him seeing no hope for us, and a good safe deal on offer at hull. It all adds up to me at least now.

Sorry if you think I’m talking crap. It’s just my ‘predictions’ and it genuinely pains me more than what is coming up for me at hospital etc.
All the best mate, hope it all works out ok for you.👍

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 04 Nov 2020, 10:04

Mysterio wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 22:09 One was dumper who I’d invite to pm me please.
I’m guessing you’re referring to me and get some sort of childlike giggle from putting “dumper” like other simpleminded members on here.

If you’ve got something to say to me, say it. Don’t act all attention seeking, like you did before with your “nobody interacts with me, I’m leaving the forum” post, asking for a PM. Either post it on here, PM me or do neither. It’ll be 5 seconds from my day that I’ll spend doing other things if you don’t.

Back to the thread.

I’m with the other poster who said don’t get too caught up in things you cannot control.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 04 Nov 2020, 13:29

St Albans tiger wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 23:32 Without knowing the details the accounts don't look great... But one point to make is that the assumed loss...movement on p&l resrevs may or not be what accountants call a trading loss... Or in brief an actual cash loss.

As pointed out one key movement in the loss is the amortisation of transfer fees. This is a 75,000 accounting loss, not a trading loss.

Alos cash is down by 300k but in the other side debtors are up by the same amount.

The results are not great but you need to stop jumping to conclusions without knowing the back ground.

And before some says we deserve to know... Do we really? Its not a public company so legally no you don't. Most shareholders are minority shareholders.

Stop worring over things that you have no control over
You really are an optimist.

The net value of the club has decreased by 350k you can dress it up which ever way you like!
We shareholders are minority because the Fultons have issued themselves 450,000 shares for £4200.

Shareholders should have the right to the figures as they are part owners no matter how small.
Truth is always best !

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Nov 2020, 13:39

Fumper27 wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 10:04
Mysterio wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 22:09 One was dumper who I’d invite to pm me please.
I’m guessing you’re referring to me and get some sort of childlike giggle from putting “dumper” like other simpleminded members on here.

If you’ve got something to say to me, say it. Don’t act all attention seeking, like you did before with your “nobody interacts with me, I’m leaving the forum” post, asking for a PM. Either post it on here, PM me or do neither. It’ll be 5 seconds from my day that I’ll spend doing other things if you don’t.

Back to the thread.

I’m with the other poster who said don’t get too caught up in things you cannot control.
Did you actually digest my post. And yet you still continue the spat.

‘Dumper’ was an auto correct or typo. Apologies for referring to your posts as excrement.it was not Intenrional.

And I can promise you this, a pm will be sent. Nothing or nobody personally has ever worried or concerned me and I’d happily even meet you to discuss this. Would you?

Ihave much greater challenges ahead beggining on Friday than dealing with someone hiding behind a username
Audacter Et Sincere

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 04 Nov 2020, 14:56

Hope everything goes well Mysterio. Chin up and battle on m8 you'll be ok. Don't get wound up not worth it.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 04 Nov 2020, 15:16

Mysterio wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 13:39
Fumper27 wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 10:04

Back to the thread.

Did you actually digest my post. And yet you still continue the spat.

‘Dumper’ was an auto correct or typo. Apologies for referring to your posts as excrement.it was not Intenrional.

And I can promise you this, a pm will be sent. Nothing or nobody personally has ever worried or concerned me and I’d happily even meet you to discuss this. Would you?

Ihave much greater challenges ahead beggining on Friday than dealing with someone hiding behind a username
Don't worry about it not first time dumper as constantly wound people up on here 😂 don't think he means any thing personally just the way he his. Hard to believe moderates let him get away with it like must be good friends. Get well soon hopefully we all be back down lane next year and all healthy through these hard times