Huddersfield game cancelled

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Freeloader
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Huddersfield game cancelled

Post by Freeloader » 28 Oct 2020, 13:32

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:17 Good info Freelander. Actually sounds both very likely and very predictable. In any event sending four Yorkshire teams to play on the other side of the country in a level three area was negligent if not totally incompetent by the ruling body.
Yes, that would have been the common sense option.
They all would have gone in cars to Headingley and the season would have carried on with minimal infections.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Oct 2020, 13:33

Salford have conceded there game against Warrington and taken a 24-0 defeat only in Rugby League could we have things turn into a total farce Covid or whatever else comes along the RL Super League are not fit for purpose
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2020, 13:34

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:17 Good info Freelander. Actually sounds both very likely and very predictable. In any event sending four Yorkshire teams to play on the other side of the country in a level three area was negligent if not totally incompetent by the ruling body.
Absolutely TT.
I said how irresponsible the RFL/SL were to send 4 teams into a level 3 area. If the season is to continue they now have to look into playing just 2 teams at a times at one stadium, instead of multiple teams all in one stadium.
We have to realise the virus is now spreading at a fast rate.
Peoples health and lives are priority.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 28 Oct 2020, 13:37

I also see that the Wire V Devils game has been cancelled but Wire awarded a 24-0 victory on the basis Salford can't raise a team due to injuries.

How is this different to a team full of Covid?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2020, 13:58

tigerfeat wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 11:27 Just go straight to the play offs put everyone out of there misery
Not sure it’s that easy mate, I might have got figure wrong but I thought MC said SL had to show 74 games on SKY through the regular (sic)season to fulfil the contract.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Oct 2020, 14:02

JIN JER wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:58
tigerfeat wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 11:27 Just go straight to the play offs put everyone out of there misery
Not sure it’s that easy mate, I might have got figure wrong but I thought MC said SL had to show 74 games on SKY through the regular (sic)season to fulfil the contract.
You might be right jinj it's just got to a farcical stage now Salford with only 13 players and a team getting a 24-0 win without playing it's just lost any form of credibility now for me
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2020, 14:05

Yeah it’s odd innit? So have Cas forfeited their game or been told they can’t play?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2020, 14:08

old cas lass wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 12:59 Track and trace say you start from the time of you first symptom.
Say you have a cough on Monday and you dont get a test until Wednesday and result Friday. Track and trace will give the monday as your first day. The virus stays in the system for 5 days.
Though you still can have symptoms and feel unwell for weeks after.

But given we have just played a game, it would suggest the majority, if not all, are asymptomatic. Obviously anyone with symptoms Monday would have been stood down before being tested on Tuesday.

So that would mean the positives coming as a surprise. Either way, I think we are better off planning ahead and cancelling the Leeds game now and letting them play against someone else. Would also enable us to fit in two more rounds of testing ahead of the game on the 8th Nov, 2 days after.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2020, 14:08

JIN JER wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:05 Yeah it’s odd innit? So have Cas forfeited their game or been told they can’t play?
I saw on another forum.

Covid = cancelled, meaning it could possibly be played at a later date.
Forfeit = a 24 0 loss. Can’t be played at a later date.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2020, 14:09

Flat Capper wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:15 Is 12 the highest number for one team up to now?

Either way, get well soon folks and come back roaring.
Standalone, yes. Though Hull also had 12 including 3 non-playing staff at the beginning of testing.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 28 Oct 2020, 14:11

old cas lass wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:08
JIN JER wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:05 Yeah it’s odd innit? So have Cas forfeited their game or been told they can’t play?
I saw on another forum.

Strange, why aren’t they both equal, forfeit both or cancel both, I’m assuming Salford can’t raise a team due to Covid?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2020, 14:12

Flat Capper wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:37 I also see that the Wire V Devils game has been cancelled but Wire awarded a 24-0 victory on the basis Salford can't raise a team due to injuries.

How is this different to a team full of Covid?
With Covid, the players could be asymptomatic and still technically play but obviously can't due to infection/having to stand down and is totally unavoidable.

In terms of Salford, they are forfeiting based on injuries, which while unfortunate, arguably they should have a bigger squad to cope with injuries.

In the current climate I think the Salford situation should be a bit more compassionate when players are putting themselves through torture every few days just to fulfil the tv deal and for the integrity of the season (which has now gone beyond farcical).

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Oct 2020, 14:27

Leeds didn't turn up to play Catalans can't remember Catalans getting a 24-0 win
Vince Lombardi

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 28 Oct 2020, 14:33

The whole season is beyond a joke now.

We have to postpone our match, Warrington get awarded 2 points. Leeds don`t turn up at Catalans and the match is replayed. Whats the difference. Top 4 sides getting points or not being deducted points, Top 4 no hopers are being punished or having to replay games.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Oct 2020, 14:37

The competition has already lost its integrity.
Tge withdrawal of Wolfpack
The shortened season.
The ridiculous short turnarounds.
Players already seem more likely to succumb to neurological illness.
Without adequate recovery we may well see an increase.
Names may appear on the trophies and in the record books but all will have a hollow ring to them.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2020, 15:18

JIN JER wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:11
old cas lass wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:08
I saw on another forum.

Strange, why aren’t they both equal, forfeit both or cancel both, I’m assuming Salford can’t raise a team due to Covid?
Can’t raise a team due To only having 13 fit players.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 28 Oct 2020, 15:19

casjunction wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:37 The competition has already lost its integrity.
The shortened season.
Names may appear on the trophies and in the record books but all will have a hollow ring to them.
But the clubs and now choice to try finish the season imagine state most clubs be if not got full sky money for playing out the season as well as no paying fans. Yes, being a farce but a farce is better then going into bankruptcy.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2020, 15:27

on side wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 15:19
casjunction wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 14:37 The competition has already lost its integrity.
The shortened season.
But the clubs and now choice to try finish the season imagine state most clubs be if not got full sky money for playing out the season as well as no paying fans. Yes, being a farce but a farce is better then going into bankruptcy.
Not if it’s putting people’s health at risk.
The game as a duty of care on players health.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 28 Oct 2020, 15:46

perhaps all clubs are contractually obliged / committed to finishing the season or they may have to pay money back to sky & at the moment that probably includes some sort of premiership final at Hull FC ground

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 28 Oct 2020, 15:49

Salford couldn’t play due to a combination of covid and injuries.really don’t understand why they have to give a 24-0 to wire.especially now wire are playing Huddersfield instead on Friday.surely salford could just take the hudds slot?absolute farce now and like beens said health and lives the more important thing here.this second wave feels a lot more closer to home and is spreading like wildfire.rugby league as to stop for me.