Leeds up next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds up next

Post by Tigers1926 » 27 Oct 2020, 11:48

Ive said it before and I'm going to say it again, if i/we performed at our daily jobs like the officials did last night we'd expect to be sacked and rightly so.. We were sh*t on from a great height..

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 27 Oct 2020, 13:09

In which case, he'll be banned as it wasn't dealt with on the field.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Oct 2020, 14:33

old cas lass wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 00:25 Just been going through twitter
Here’s a few messages from an ex player.
Couple of cas players.

George griffin, he’s out of his depth.

Jy hitchcox, games gone soft as s...

Adrian vowles, interesting that no one saw the elbow.

NAthan Massey, how is that a send off.

Adam Milner, what a f’ing joke.

All correct.
Here’s another one from earl Crabtree.

One Elbow to the face and one hardly anything of a kick out, for me just have a firm word give a penalty for the first infringement any more crap straight in the bin. Game on.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Oct 2020, 14:39

And another one.
Alex simmonds...... Cannot believe that’s a send off! #GamesGoneSoft

I’ll keep putting these here.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 27 Oct 2020, 14:52

Said on another thread, I have tried to watch it back impartially..... Which isn't easy, the elbow wasn't clear on the TV, but I don't understand why like in other sports, the on the field Ref doesn't review what he has seen in conjunction with the TV official. Then even if there is a mistake, it is a collective one, not putting the entire responsibility for the game on one bloke who is trying to watch the ball and 26 geezers.

The elbow was cheap, but there was an intent to kick and if that had been Liam Farrel on GOB, I think we would have been citing the intent and it only being lucky it wasn't his face?

Some of the other decisions, the ball steals for instance, the ref blows the whitsle but there are 2 flag carriers and a bloke on the tele..... much as I think the ref had a rubbish game, there is more than him there. Like the Myler knock on early doors - even I thought that went backwards. And I would definitely have given the Gale try.

In the cooler light of day - contact with the kicker, I am fine that's always a penalty, but be consistent.
Tackling the player who doesn't get the ball - no problems if that's a penalty, providing they all are.
Reason last night rankled so much is it wasn't applied evenly, I don't think the ref was bent or biased, but use the other people there to make sure it is the right decision...... I would rather have the ref be clear and say say, like happens in RU and NRL - I have seen something, I am not sure what, can you have a look at that passage of play please...... At least you get the right outcome.

Derbyshiretiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Derbyshiretiger » 27 Oct 2020, 15:46

The thing is the referee has the last say. We dont know what the video ref was saying. But it's all "in his opinion" the referee can ignore him and give what he wants. This guy was so arrogant I believe he thought he'd do what he wanted and that stood out a mile . Because of the outcry by so many ( not just cas ) I dont believe we will see him at the top table for quite some time. I know the RFL try and stand by their referee but to do that this time will be a total embarrassment

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Oct 2020, 00:02

There’s a reason the RFL silence any criticism of officials.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 28 Oct 2020, 11:12

The referee, unfortunately and rightfully given stick from Cas fans, myself included, but how many have said because the referee came from either, Wigan, Saints, or Dewsbury, 'we won't get owt today with him reffing.
Refereeing since the age of 16, working his way through the leagues, to eventually getting a super league game.
Unfortunately he perhaps has blown his big opportunity, by giving dubious and not giving obvious decisions. Back to the lower leagues.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 28 Oct 2020, 11:22

KB80 wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 00:41 In a minority but I've no sympathy for Holmes, as soon as you put your leg towards a prone player you know the likely outcome.

Other decisions were appalling though.

Good to see the spirit of the team though.

Eden is one of the positives of the last 2 games, hopefully he can maintain this form into next season. Looks and sounds (social media) likes hes really enjoying the game again. Best winger we have on this type of form (discounting the lesser seen Feki, who could be better).
He should have kicked him like Dean Sampson did with Jamie bloem (think it was him) at Halifax many moons ago. Same result and penalty.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2020, 11:30

fast hands wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 11:12 The referee, unfortunately and rightfully given stick from Cas fans, myself included, but how many have said because the referee came from either, Wigan, Saints, or Dewsbury, 'we won't get owt today with him reffing.
Refereeing since the age of 16, working his way through the leagues, to eventually getting a super league game.
Unfortunately he perhaps has blown his big opportunity, by giving dubious and not giving obvious decisions. Back to the lower leagues.
Maybe not giving him his boyhood club To ref would have helped.
Don’t care what anyone says, if your reffing the club you supported from being a kid deep in your conscience your gonna give 50/50 decision to them. But in Tom grants case he didn’t do it subtly it was blatant.
The best the RFL can do for him is not give him anymore Leeds games until he’s become more professional and less bias.

Delboy66
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ayeofthetigers

Post by Delboy66 » 29 Oct 2020, 11:46

According to RFL website ,Grant is touchjudge for the Hull derby tonight, hope he's better with a flag than a whistle 😉