HKR on Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: HKR on Thursday

Post by Johnny A » 19 Oct 2020, 13:47

tigerfeat wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 11:29 Darryl is a top coach what's he's done at Cas as been terrific stuff
Just because he's made some wrong desicions dosnt change that fact if he can bring in the players he needs I'd back him to re-build the side successfully
Yes he is arguably the best coach in Super League. And yes, he could rebuild the side given different circumstances.
My original post was trying to imagine his mindset in the event of losing to Hull KR. I didn't criticise him at all.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2020, 14:01

If I were him id try and take a break at the end of the season come back raring to go
It must hurt him to see the way the team played yesterday that was unexeptable even allowing for the kind of season it is
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2020, 14:09

Johnny A wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 13:47
tigerfeat wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 11:29 Darryl is a top coach what's he's done at Cas as been terrific stuff
Just because he's made some wrong desicions dosnt change that fact if he can bring in the players he needs I'd back him to re-build the side successfully
Yes he is arguably the best coach in Super League. And yes, he could rebuild the side given different circumstances.
My original post was trying to imagine his mindset in the event of losing to Hull KR. I didn't criticise him at all.
How can you be the best coach in SL when you have won nothing, its just baffling people coming out with this

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 19 Oct 2020, 14:25

Will always be difficult with a 4 day turn around & small squad fit compared to the 9 days for HKR

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Oct 2020, 14:32

Won’t have hepi either. One match ban.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 19 Oct 2020, 15:16

fords wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 14:09
How can you be the best coach in SL when you have won nothing, its just baffling people coming out with this
Must agree it is laughable to keep saying he is the best coach in super league he has won nothing and he must take his fair share of blame for bringing players In that are championship players at the best and not to mention Some of the signings from down under he brought in.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Oct 2020, 16:30

Oldcasman wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 15:16
Must agree it is laughable to keep saying he is the best coach in super league he has won nothing and he must take his fair share of blame for bringing players In that are championship players at the best and not to mention Some of the signings from down under he brought in.
Powell built a reputation on getting results with squads built of players that nobody else wanted. That's partly why he's regarded as a good coach.

My own feelings are that the Board at Cas have relied on this far too much and only recruited this standard of player in the hope DP will bring the best out of them. It has worked for most of his tenure so far but it is inevitable that you can't make a silk purse out of every sow ear.

As I've said elsewhere, it will be a more accurate measure of DP on how he now turns things around...again...and what support the Club give him.

As for winning "nothing", he's the only Cas coach to have topped the table which resulted in the LL Shield being won.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Oct 2020, 16:40

The fans who were in a very full Jungle when we lifted the League Leaders Shield looked ridiculously happy at us winning nothing that night.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Oct 2020, 16:48

let us try some of our juniors in their natural positions we are down on forewards Brad Martin looked good in the second team we have nothing to loose

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Oct 2020, 17:08

Hull Kr will be without Jimmy Keinhorst (tested positive for Covid)
Mitch Garbett out for season elbow injury.

God am clutching at straws.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Oct 2020, 17:22

gateman wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 16:48 let us try some of our juniors in their natural positions we are down on forewards Brad Martin looked good in the second team we have nothing to loose
I don't disagree but I also don't want the blame game to grow if we do.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 19 Oct 2020, 17:33

Please note that I said 'arguably' the best. So people have argued the point accordingly!!

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 19 Oct 2020, 17:41

Just looked at paper Dp seems to be loosening the plot. He feel cas played well yesterday. With such a wide margin you count say yesterday was anything other than disaster.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 19 Oct 2020, 17:45

And the England Football team manager has got the national job having won nothing as a club manager, eventually being sacked.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2020, 17:50

True-supporter wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 17:41 Just looked at paper Dp seems to be loosening the plot. He feel cas played well yesterday. With such a wide margin you count say yesterday was anything other than disaster.
He's lost more than the plot if he thinks we played well yesterday
Didn't hear him say that yesterday but didn't listen to the whole piece
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Oct 2020, 20:43

Flat Capper wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 16:30
Oldcasman wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 15:16
Powell built a reputation on getting results with squads built of players that nobody else wanted. That's partly why he's regarded as a good coach.

My own feelings are that the Board at Cas have relied on this far too much and only recruited this standard of player in the hope DP will bring the best out of them. It has worked for most of his tenure so far but it is inevitable that you can't make a silk purse out of every sow ear.

As I've said elsewhere, it will be a more accurate measure of DP on how he now turns things around...again...and what support the Club give him.

As for winning "nothing", he's the only Cas coach to have topped the table which resulted in the LL Shield being won.

Your right he did, it was a great season and night when we lifted it.

However finishing top once doesn't make you the best coach in SL I'm afraid.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2020, 12:02

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Oct 2020, 12:03

old cas lass wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 12:02 Squad for Thursday.

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=7113
No garath O’Brien. #-o

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 20 Oct 2020, 12:05

Hodgson
Olpherts
Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Richardson
Smith
McShane
Millington
Foster
Mcmeeken
Massey

Milner
Moors/Jesse
Martin
O Neil
Last edited by MrRugby123 on 20 Oct 2020, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2020, 12:06

Maybe Tony will finally get his wish and we will see Hodgson at full-back ...
Vince Lombardi