HKR on Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: HKR on Thursday

Post by gateman » 23 Oct 2020, 09:14

one thing about it if you can walk you have a good chance of playing it seems an age since we could rest anyone

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Oct 2020, 09:32

TonyM wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 09:13 How we going to field a team for Leeds on Monday?

Looking at yesterday that’s another 4 out and who’s due back?

Tony
Trueman should be back.
O’Brien was an head knock so hopefully he’ll be back.
Massey and O’Neil will both miss out, massive loss. Also young graham was going well but looks like he’ll miss out as well.
Millington was rested yesterday as far as I know.
Watts is a mystery.
Griffin no idea how long he’s out for.
Hopefully cook might be back, not sure if he’s injured.

We get 3 back then we go and lose 3.
Gods definitely not on our side this year.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 23 Oct 2020, 09:33

Heard that Leeds and Gale will be parading the CC trophy against us, with it being their first time on Sky after the win. I aren't looking forward to that [REMOVED]-a-thon from Sky.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Oct 2020, 09:44

I remember years ago when I lived in Hull going to watch Hull KR v Bradford in the first round of the Premiership ( in the days when the team who finished top were Champions)
Rovers who had finished top paraded the trophy at the start of the game to much cheering and were booed off at the end when lowly Bradford stuffed them. Hilarious.

tykeneil
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tykeneil » 23 Oct 2020, 09:48

Leeds resting a few - probably think Cas & both Wake games next week look better options.

Hopefully we get a few back - at least Hepi should be one but sadly we get Hudds on Friday (4 day turnaround again) and they have no match. Same with HKR who had the week off before us.

As for the disallowed try we will have to take it on chin again but perhaps if Parcell & co we onside and stood behind line rather that at side on Smith he may have had a better chance. Can the refs just police the offside (especially on try line - Wolves/Wigan worse) rather than obsessed with 6 again rule

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Oct 2020, 11:35

With the way the squad is decimated at the moment I thought that was a great win. Furthermore, many of the players that have been slated of late worked hard and provided the foundation for this win.

Eden is a proven try scorer but also brought the ball away from his line really well.

Shenton has clearly lost what pace he had but again, he brought the ball away from the line very well.

McMeekan is quality and caused problems all night. I'll never fault him for trying his off-loads and some of the penalties against him were harsh. I'd like to think I'd respond negatively to being elbowed in the nethers and his 'late' charge on the kicker wasn't as delayed as the one on Richardson early in the game.

Moors was outstanding. Did long minutes and was difficult to put down.

Yes, KR aren't a champion side at the moment but I'm more that happy to take that win.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Oct 2020, 11:46

Moors a big plus for next season he looks fitter than I can remember... a month ago I don't think many thought he'd be a factor
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 23 Oct 2020, 12:10

Trust me when I say that, Greg absolutely needed that performance for his confidence. It's been shot recently due to personal reasons. Meant a lot to him that game last night for different reasons. Could have easily fallen apart, but stepped up.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Oct 2020, 12:21

tigerfeat wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 11:46 Moors a big plus for next season he looks fitter than I can remember... a month ago I don't think many thought he'd be a factor
Agree. Looked like the player of 2016 & 2017

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Oct 2020, 12:34

Have we got Moors next season?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Oct 2020, 12:42

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 12:34 Have we got Moors next season?
Not yet...

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Oct 2020, 16:34

Yes the disallowed try was a try which went against us and the other thing the team need to sort is not to be too greedy to score like Richardson was intent on doing when the easy option was to pass to Eden for his fourth try - if this was a really tight game that could have cost us the result !

Need to sharpen up in awareness which is the only criticism I have from the performance as the team stood up really well apart from the implosion back end of first half, however with the team fielded, I thought we were in for a right pasting but they worked really hard for that win - good on yer lads !

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 23 Oct 2020, 16:40

casjunction wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 20:30 Who put their money on KR?
We were a right parsons egg
Good in parts.
Junior big minutes
Macca nuff said.
Eden the speed we've been missing.
Shenny 50 metres.
We know how to give the fans a hard time.
Just out of interest are they feeding Maher raw meat.
Best game I have seen Maher play perhaps he was showing cas what he could do just a pity he never did it when playing for cas