Club Ideas

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasG
Sean Rudder
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Club Ideas

Post by CasG » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:56 am

Thought I'd start a thread for suggestions for the club. We seem to be just going through the motions not just as a club but most of rugby league with no new ideas being tried out. Most of these will be under normal circumstances, when we can get back watching rugby in stadiums!

Drums - are drums allowed? For me they create so much atmosphere and should be allowed at Cas. We can then nominate a 'drummer' in the Wheldon Road end that gets the crowd going.

Pubs - work with pubs in the area. Create a fan pub crawl to the ground on match days so that everyone is together. The drummer can lead the way! Maybe a free drink for fans wearing the current home shirt.

Media - our social media content isn't very good. We could strap a gopro to Powelly and post the footage on twitter/fb/insta, nothing about tactics obviously but it'd be interesting to watch as a fan. Create a podcast, Ogi and Jy were doing this and I sometimes watched full episodes but I think it got stopped. Have fan competitions on match days, best dressed fan/tweet a pic of you sat in the stadium on match day for your chance to win a signed ball etc.

Stadium capacity - attendances have dropped since 2017 so we should use it. Go to local schools and give kids in each class a free ticket each month. The children will have to be accompanied by an adult which means more ticket sales. Affiliate tickets, run a first come first served system where if a fan can get 3 of his mates to buy 3 adult tickets the fan gets his ticket for free.

Investments - this is probably one for the future but the club should be investing in other areas eg property. Create a Cas Tigers brand of rentable property around Castleford.

Add your thoughts and ideas below...

Piquad1
Junior Moors
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

Re: Club Ideas

Post by Piquad1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am

I'm not too good at coming up with ideas that anyone would give a toss about. But I'll go along with your idea Casg Would be good if we all got on board. Just imagine it all fans meeting up in town centre b4 match and all traveling down together behind the drummer. Be like miners galas used to be. Bring it on.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 17613
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by old cas lass » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 am

I’m for all that.
Some on here though detest the drum, so not everyone will get on board with that.
Would love to see fans walking down to the ground marching from let’s say glassblower, what a sight that would be. Problem with that, everyone sets off at different times. I for instance live on the Healdfield estate, I don’t set off until 30 mins before game due to problems standing to long.

The social media part is not right good.
For instance, if you want to keep up dated with interviews you have to pay for tigers tv. I get more from chris Chester on social media than I do my own club. Interviews should be for everyone.

Sadly the club doesn’t always if ever listen to the fans ideas.
I’ve seen some great ideas from fans over the years only for the club to dismiss them.

tigerfeat
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9813
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm

There's not much comes out of the club unless they want your money
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Johnlewis1920
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:15 am

Re: Club Ideas

Post by Johnlewis1920 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Better recruitment and retention of all staff priority COYF

TonyM
Dean Widders
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by TonyM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:05 pm

Johnlewis1920 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Better recruitment and retention of all staff priority COYF
:clap:

Fumper27
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7265
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Club Ideas

Post by Fumper27 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:43 pm

New fitness and conditioning team???

Oldcasman
Dean Widders
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by Oldcasman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Piquad1 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am
I'm not too good at coming up with ideas that anyone would give a toss about. But I'll go along with your idea Casg Would be good if we all got on board. Just imagine it all fans meeting up in town centre b4 match and all traveling down together behind the drummer. Be like miners galas used to be. Bring it on.
Sorry the idea of fans marching down the lane at the back of a drummer is a no no the way we are going at cas you won’t have above 10 fans to March

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4495
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by nottinghamtiger » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:16 pm

CasG wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:56 am
Thought I'd start a thread for suggestions for the club. We seem to be just going through the motions not just as a club but most of rugby league with no new ideas being tried out. Most of these will be under normal circumstances, when we can get back watching rugby in stadiums!

Drums - are drums allowed? For me they create so much atmosphere and should be allowed at Cas. We can then nominate a 'drummer' in the Wheldon Road end that gets the crowd going.

Pubs - work with pubs in the area. Create a fan pub crawl to the ground on match days so that everyone is together. The drummer can lead the way! Maybe a free drink for fans wearing the current home shirt.

Media - our social media content isn't very good. We could strap a gopro to Powelly and post the footage on twitter/fb/insta, nothing about tactics obviously but it'd be interesting to watch as a fan. Create a podcast, Ogi and Jy were doing this and I sometimes watched full episodes but I think it got stopped. Have fan competitions on match days, best dressed fan/tweet a pic of you sat in the stadium on match day for your chance to win a signed ball etc.

Stadium capacity - attendances have dropped since 2017 so we should use it. Go to local schools and give kids in each class a free ticket each month. The children will have to be accompanied by an adult which means more ticket sales. Affiliate tickets, run a first come first served system where if a fan can get 3 of his mates to buy 3 adult tickets the fan gets his ticket for free.

Investments - this is probably one for the future but the club should be investing in other areas eg property. Create a Cas Tigers brand of rentable property around Castleford.

Add your thoughts and ideas below...
Drums - no thanks. I know people who didn’t buy a season ticket and no longer attend games (before Covid) because of it. Nobody decides whether or not to attend for the opportunity to hear a drum.

Pubs - we actually need to do the opposite of what you suggest. We want people drinking in the stadium, not in local pubs beforehand. Why would a pub give out free drinks to people wearing a Cas shirt?

Media - you’re right; our social media content is pathetically poor. The club see it as pure advertisement, rather than an opportunity for interaction.

Tickets - free child tickets are a good idea, but it has to be limited otherwise those who buy junior season tickets end up feeling aggrieved. Games with traditionally low attendances are ideal for this. The club had the ‘Kids for a quid’ idea, but even managed to screw that up by saying kids had to enter the ground 90 minutes before kick-off in the coldest week of the year. They also annoyed local schools by making one of the games a Thursday night.
I’d still argue in favour of a mini season-ticket that would allow people to buy a block of games rather than only have the very different choices of either a full season-ticket or paying for individual matches.

Investments - you’re kidding. We struggle to break even as an RL club. There is no way we should be thinking about entering other commercial areas. And there is no money to invest.

Ultimately, I think on-field success is the key. In the last three years, we’ve taken the cheap option in terms of recruitment and retention and it’s reflected in everything else we now see in terms of a rapid decline. We’ve given long contracts to average players who didn’t need them and our recruitment has been shockingly poor (with the exception of Liam Watts).
There is also the elephant that is our awful facilities. Sport is an entertainment business, and we will not attract new supporters with the facilities we offer. There will always be those who attend purely for the game, but for most attending a game is about the experience and enjoyment of doing so. I’m afraid we will not draw in new customers by providing an inadequate and frankly disgusting physical environment.

Lofthouse Tiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:35 pm

Well those first 2 suggestions are the most ridiculous suggestions I have ever heard.

You need to stop making suggestions if that’s the best you can come up with.

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

duke street 10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: glasshoughton,our new home?

Re: Club Ideas

Post by duke street 10 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 pm

New owners would be nice.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 17613
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by old cas lass » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:52 pm

duke street 10 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 pm
New owners would be nice.
Like who.

greenhouse
Junior Moors
Posts: 576
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by greenhouse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm

owners that don't sell there best players and only use half of it for a replacement.

duke street 10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: glasshoughton,our new home?

Re: Club Ideas

Post by duke street 10 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:01 pm

old cas lass wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:52 pm
duke street 10 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 pm
New owners would be nice.
Like who.
Test the waters,advertise the idea of selling.
Do you think I.F's hearts in it?.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 17613
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Club Ideas

Post by old cas lass » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:06 pm

duke street 10 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:01 pm
old cas lass wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:52 pm
duke street 10 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 pm
New owners would be nice.
Like who.
Test the waters,advertise the idea of selling.
Do you think I.F's hearts in it?.
No I don’t think his heart is in it.
I don’t think he’ll sell either.
Ain’t he the majority share holder.

Post Reply