Squad for hull fc

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Danny Orr

Re: Squad for hull fc

Post by Casmoley » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Casmoley wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:50 am
Millo6
Need to sack your informant mate. Record has gone down from 95% to 90%. Not on :D

6!

Ponte Pigeon
Sean Rudder

Post by Ponte Pigeon » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Some of the non playing member of the squad were mocking the refereeing decisions on social media, so Powells referee rants are clearly in the players minds. Imo this then creates an easy get out and this is an area we need to work on. Mental toughness when calls are going against you is very difficult but the real top teams and players are able to handle it.

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Casmoley wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 pm
HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Millo6
Need to sack your informant mate. Record has gone down from 95% to 90%. Not on :D
6!

Think he played everywhere tonight. Carried it through middle as well.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

daytona
Junior Moors

Post by daytona » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 pm

First time I’ve seen us clatter the kicker and leave the shoulder in on player passing the ball all season and penalised every time. Richardson sat down in stands because of being continually taken out every time he kicks. Where is the consistency? Obviously a change of tack tonight, loved the aggression but it probably cost us the game unfortunately. Another heart breaker but couldn’t fault the effort and commitment. Another good performance from Mcmeeken, and great to see Junior looking fit and playing massive minutes. Think he actually played full 80? Get some troops back hopefully and a win doesn’t look far off. Having said that we’ve lost seven out of eight and could have definitely won half of them with a bit more composure. Stop sulking, dust ourselves down and go again against the Whinos!

Brummietiger
Dean Widders

Post by Brummietiger » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 pm

daytona wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 pm
First time I’ve seen us clatter the kicker and leave the shoulder in on player passing the ball all season and penalised every time. Richardson sat down in stands because of being continually taken out every time he kicks. Where is the consistency? Obviously a change of tack tonight, loved the aggression but it probably cost us the game unfortunately. Another heart breaker but couldn’t fault the effort and commitment. Another good performance from Mcmeeken, and great to see Junior looking fit and playing massive minutes. Think he actually played full 80? Get some troops back hopefully and a win doesn’t look far off. Having said that we’ve lost seven out of eight and could have definitely won half of them with a bit more composure. Stop sulking, dust ourselves down and go again against the Whinos!
Agree.

Casmoley
Danny Orr

Post by Casmoley » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:42 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:29 pm
Casmoley wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 pm
HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Millo6
6!

Think he played everywhere tonight. Carried it through middle as well.
6 :dance:

CasRus
Junior Moors

Post by CasRus » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 am

Guys, there are a number of small issues with the team which are easy identifiable on each game I have seen and which are costing us and here's a couple.

Eden needs to stop coming inside and always mark his opposing winger which was evident with their first try and also last week's game and is the first issue - he needs that coaching into him.

How many times we get into close line attack and have 1 forward lumbering it in which is an absolute waste of time instead of manufacturing creativity and close moves to fool the defense and create the space needed to score or get ready for a close offload ? Cas are now sadly lacking that in major segments of a game and only show glimpses.

Yes Cas can come through this and fix it but let's think about this season which in my estimations is badly scarred anyway and not a true reflection of how good a team is this year, so in essence it couldn't have fallen better for the team to get through a bad patch and be ready to sort it for next season and which also includes fixing all these long term injured players.

Even though we are on a losing streak and by the way, not being defeated by much anyway (that's apart from Catalans), My Glass is Half Full !!!

That last minute Hull try which defeated us tonight was precision and timing that occurs seldom and Cas never gave up and tried to the end, but you can't go crying about it - Cas will revive from this for next season I'm sure - and we were definitely the better team in the first 25mins tonight by far - sort out the issues, a couple of decent forwards to replace the aging ones and we will see Cas firing back up to the Classy Cas tag all over again so take heart and remain positive !!

Bish Bash
Sean Rudder

Post by Bish Bash » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:42 am

I think the team have been really unprofessional although I can understand the frustration.

For weeks our half backs had no protection from the officials, Darryl goes on the offensive with Ganson, the officials are told to tighten up and then we decide we are going to give what we got.

I get it but we’ve shot ourselves in the foot last night. They were (slightly) high shots, although why play wasn’t paused is unexplainable!

gateman
Luke Gale

Post by gateman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:00 am

cut the penalties out and we win, had Watts,we win, our two first-team halfbacks on the field we win, the players on the field tried hard , I have never seen CAS play as they did last night giving penalties away which were deservedly given for fowl play,

mdean
Danny Orr
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:24 am

Wasn't a particularly enjoyable game, I guess it was if you were neutral......

I am not into wholesale throwing the baby out with the bathwater and a lot of sense has already been said above. Big thing for me at the moment, I never had the belief when we got ahead that we could control the game or see it out.

Some good performances in adversity, some strange penalties and I am not sure if the knees on Shenton in scoring has been mentioned, that should be sanctioned after the game, but wont help in the result.

Did we play well enough to win, probably not - Ironically I thought Hull played in a very Last/Radford way, a lot like Warrington always played like Cullen. It'll be right in the end, but this season is a very odd one all round.

casjunction
Danny Orr

Post by casjunction » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 am

Went to bed pretty despondent last night, yet another loss.
However on reflection the squad on the field gave their all.
Millo and Moors did the full eighty l think.
Did we shoot ourselves through the foot with the penalties or was it Gansons way of answering Powells criticism.
They went down fighting not pretty but for me showed more pride and passion.
Thanks Casrus your post helped getting things into a more realistic perspective.

heritage1926
Danny Orr

Post by heritage1926 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:30 am

Every single late hit off the ball yesterday was rightly a penalty. In context, it doesn't matter if opposition teams have been doing it to us and getting away with it, the fact is, we were rightly penalised for foul play. Cook was sin binned because it was the 3rd time it had happened in 10 minutes. 2 of those penalties, Sneyd kicked the goal and that ultimately cost us.

old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly

Post by old cas lass » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 am

So hull were angels.
Did ganson have a word with the ref to prove a point to DP.
AnY misdemeanours no matter how soft penalise cas.
Hull didn’t concede one penalty until the final 15/20 mins.
That’s unheard off.
I Think we were made a scapegoat Because of Daryl moaning.
Stood out like a sore thumb to me.

tigerfeat
Adrian Vowles

Post by tigerfeat » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 am

I said that yesterday only one thing going to happen when you tell Ganson his officials not up to it
0-11 I think the penalty count was at one point ...Hull were messing about with us at marker all game and we get a penalty 15 mins from time or whatever it was
I expect more to follow unfortunately
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 am

Hull conceded a penalty in the first half for offside on their own line didn't they?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!