Ian Fulton

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Ian Fulton

Post by Nobody » 28 Sep 2020, 08:48

KB80 wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 08:30 Seems Steve Gill would disagree with the OP
:)
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Sep 2020, 08:52

It's right for people to question everything on a clubs forum ...look at the issue of the ground that's being going on for years and years there's no right and wrong till you look back in 50 years and see what happened
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Sep 2020, 09:27

lidds wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 22:14 Another day, another absolutely pointless idiotic post by the OP.

How long before they are banned admin? I can't be the only one sick of it

You are asking for people to be banned because you don’t like what they say or think? Are you from North Korea?

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Sep 2020, 12:11

Firstly, I have no interest in Steve Gill.

Secondly, I am interested in knowing whether we are currently repaying the loan (or it is suspended) and if so, we continue to pay the alleged overs on the interest rate (who knows if this is really right?)

Thirdly, all of the things Ian Fulton ‘doesn’t do’ that could make the clubs life harder or impossible is because he daren’t IMO. He’d be living in fear from the ramifications to the supporter base and club

Finally, I agree, anyone should be able to say anything they wish to, if they have a point and don’t swear etc, including the likes of the this poster folks are on at (I’ve not even been bothered reading the full details, it’s boring)
Audacter Et Sincere

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Sep 2020, 12:25

Who are the OP ?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Sep 2020, 12:26

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 12:25 Who are the OP ?
The person who started this,post.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Sep 2020, 12:28

Thanks!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Sep 2020, 12:31

There needs to be some pathway to voice concerns if people feel like it. I understand some posts are over the top (perhaps I'm guilty on that as well). I doubt there won't be any more shareholders meetings as it currently stands , so how can you put points across where the club hears them?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Sep 2020, 17:08

Which is exactly why Fulton did what he did to the shareholders and forced the BOD to do as he requested.

As Mysterio says IF isn’t stupid enough to try and force the repayment of any loans. He isnt the cleverest person around but not totally stupid. Or is he?

Let’s hope not.

As for Gill, who cares what he thinks any more.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Sep 2020, 19:53

SG is probably more qualified to comment given the fact he's worked for the club for years and years so will have had spent plenty of time with IF, and like many of us is a proud Castlefordian and a huge fan of the club.

To put his head above the parapet says a lot to me. Could have quite easily stayed schtum. Of course, I suppose people may and can see this differently.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Sep 2020, 19:57

duke street 10 wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 12:31 There needs to be some pathway to voice concerns if people feel like it. I understand some posts are over the top (perhaps I'm guilty on that as well). I doubt there won't be any more shareholders meetings as it currently stands , so how can you put points across where the club hears them?
The easiest pathway is by emailing the club direct. Failing that Meet the Directors, and failing that by the Tiger Talk newsletter. No idea what has happened to the focus groups but I guess they fell off the cliff with Covid.

I'd like the club and IF to become more vocal about plans, vision and be more of a presence in the media. We may like being under the radar but I'm sick of seeing Hetherington, Lenagan and Pearson being the only ones in the media. Carter and Hudgell are both quite vocal too.

It makes us look like we are happy being second fiddle to other clubs, whereas if we are intent on growing the brand, and becoming one of the big boys, we should start acting like one.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Sep 2020, 20:10

Mysterio wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 12:11 Thirdly, all of the things Ian Fulton ‘doesn’t do’ that could make the clubs life harder or impossible is because he daren’t IMO. He’d be living in fear from the ramifications to the supporter base and club
Not sure I agree entirely on this. We are in debt to the Fulton family. It has to be repaid eventually. Our only asset is our ground. I don't see why there should be any anger or animosity for that? We'd be in a far worse situation without them arguably (though I guess some will disagree on this too).

If he chose to pull out the club we would have to find someone else who could either maintain the club as it is or have someone with pockets that could put money in when things don't go so well (there is a debate over the business side of things but that is for another thread).

Now IF could walk away and leave the loan with the interest but he is still the club's major shareholder, and if he needs the cash then is either likely to call the loan in or leave it to accrue interest at whatever rate (again, putting aside the fact it has to be repaid in the coming months/year) anyway. His other business interests could be taking a hit this year too. I don't know though. So if he needs the cash back there is a valid reason right there.

He could completely wipe off his loan but that isn't going to happen. I don't think he's extremely affluent.

So that leaves the repayment. The loans are tied against the ground. He calls them in, the ground goes over to him pretty much.

The only thing I'd say is whether there is a way a repayment plan can be put in place so we start paying it off, even if it is in small amounts each year.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 29 Sep 2020, 17:03

Speaking of the Fultons, it's 5 years today since Jack passed away.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 29 Sep 2020, 19:11

All I would say is the lack of accountability during the years that preceded IF contributed to this situation.

The club was in a sound financial position and had a net worth before that last Chairman took control. ( real tangible assets on the balance sheet)
I argued for years things needed to change but it was bad blood between RW and me.

It was nothing of the sort but the cosy friendship between the Chairman and CEO clouded the decision making process.

One very loyal shareholder and director was told when trying to offer input at a board meeting " when you put some brass in you can speak"

The same director who was asked annually how we were going to repay the loan that was getting bigger by 200/400k a year.

When that CEO was forced out and changes took place the books were balanced. That was because JF said no more.

Pity he had not said that after year 1 of the losses.

Robbo
Truth is always best !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Sep 2020, 13:38

I remember the dark days that Robbo refers to and I was one of those that [actively] called for the removal of the then CEO. I didn't know the details of the financial side of things but it had become clear that the actions of the 'Board' were having a detrimental impact on the pitch. And so the crisis deepened...

Again, I have no knowledge of the current finances and can only hope Ian Foulton remembers the dark days, days I can only assume he wouldn't want a return to as it will only shrink his 'investment.
Spreading the Cas gene pool