Ian Fulton

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Ian Fulton

Post by Tigersbarmy » 26 Sep 2020, 20:04

Thought on this clown ? He’s bleeding the club dry , how long before we protest ?

jackknife
Verified

Re: Ian Fulton

Post by jackknife » 26 Sep 2020, 20:43

How so?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 26 Sep 2020, 20:45

FFS

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Sep 2020, 21:21

I think he will devide opinion over the next couple of years. As Lofthouse Tiger highlighted on another thread regarding the share issue he's certainly an opportunist.

Does he love the club?. Maybe in a way to make money, but as a fan no I don't. Will he be committed with the new ground further away than ever?. Answers on a postcard...

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 26 Sep 2020, 21:21

Is that factual true?

Genuinely no idea regards the finances and his input/output.

I would question how we have been able to spend to cap and pay significant transfer fees if that is the case though?

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 26 Sep 2020, 21:54

I know sweet FA about Ian Fulton.

I know nothing about his agreement with Cas Tigers.

A lot of speculation on the Forum is by people who know less than me and is laughable.

If you know something, say it.
If you know sweet FA, make it clear you know sweet FA and just want to express a lot of crap.!!!
I remember Peter Small

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 26 Sep 2020, 22:13

👏👏👏😩👏

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 26 Sep 2020, 22:20

How can you bleed a club dry when it has no money to start with, and struggles to make a profit each year?

My view is that there are some bitter people on here who dislike him for whatever reason, why I don't know. I've never spoken to the bloke so don't know him personally. But the way I see it is this:

He could have called in the loan and taken ownership of the ground and charged us rent, he hasn't.

He could have sold the ground and taken his money and run. He hasn't. Be careful what you wish for on this. Constructive criticism is fine but he could quite easily do this and we end up with no ground or no club or both. Threads like this may be started by an individual but it would make me question what the point is.

He could have quite easily under invested and used profit to repay his loan. But then we would have people moaning about that.

We have no one willing to front up the cash to buy him out. Therefore, my view is that it is his/his family's money in the club and so he is entitled to do what he wants.

Moreover, he has helped deliver a reformed club that has been largely competitive for nearly a decade now.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 26 Sep 2020, 22:23

I only saw the title of this thread and knew automatically who was the author of it.

Apart from the alleged taking of interest from his (or his families) loan(s) to the club, what other evidence do you have to make such a claim???

Why not tell us the basis for your “protest” so we’re all aware of Ian’s multitude of sins?
Last edited by Fumper27 on 26 Sep 2020, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 26 Sep 2020, 22:38

To tag on to my original post, the vision of IF is to convert WR into state of the art training facilities in honour of his father, I believe, should there ever be a new stadium.

He has also spoken passionately about the club, particularly in light of the LLS victory. I don't know too much about the share issue or the loan but there must be an explanation for both. But I do feel if he wasn't invested in the club, he would have pulled the plug a while ago.

If I was him I'd take the money and gone. See how many investors come out the woodwork to take on the club and can fund it.

At the moment he's the best we have until someone else can prove me otherwise.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 27 Sep 2020, 00:43

Tigersbarmy wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:04 Thought on this clown ? He’s bleeding the club dry , how long before we protest ? Only one clown round here and it’s not Ian Fulton. You sound like a very bitter or jealous individual.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 27 Sep 2020, 09:10

there's an old saying don't bite the hand that feeds you. Ridiculous thread when you have no facts to back this up imagine were we would be with out the fulton family financial help batley dewsbury bradford just to name a few .

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 27 Sep 2020, 09:35

Iris all good and well saying without the Fultons we would be in trouble. Why do you think we are in debt their family?

The main reason is because JF made so many bad mistakes that he threw money at them to try and correct and/or cover them up. Maybe that mended a a few issues but it certainly didn’t/hasn’t helped the club in the long run as there is no way of paying it back. Add to this the interest on the loans, something Jack never is, and the debt is getting higher. With no new ground anywhere in our lifetime how are the club going to ever pay the debts off? How much will the debt reach before something is done about it?

Not knocking everything he did as he did some good for the club but not always.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 27 Sep 2020, 09:56

This is a recurring one and the worried thread veered towards the IF bashing.
It would seem their are some who post as share holders voicing there descent.
Me l stand on the terraces and cheer on the team on the field (not in person at the moment obviously)
There are so many things in the world on which l have an opinion but can change little or nothing l often keep my energies for other things.
If Ian Fulton is as ruthless as we are led to believe (most business people are ruthless it's the nature of the game when it comes down to the essentials)
He could l assume call in his loan as at the present return he will be lucky to get it back in his lifetime as it has seemed clear the cash cow of a new ground is dead and buried.
COYF

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Sep 2020, 10:05

let us not start getting on to the Fulton family without them there would be NO CAS TIGERS if any of you know a man who as millions of pounds he wants to throw qway tell him to get in touch with the Fultons they would only be too pleased to come to some arrangement with him

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 27 Sep 2020, 10:18

how do we know weather there are potential buyers or investers unless he said he were willing to move on

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 27 Sep 2020, 10:24

As with other posters I have no personal knowledge of Ian Fulton,but having had several business loans i do know that a couple of percentage points above the base rate is not out of the norm and could hardly be classed as usuary. If you're needing the funds and the banks aren't forthcoming it's Hobsons. The increase in the interest rate reflects the increased risk taken by the person or company making the loan. Standard business practise. If the club is struggling though as another poster suggested he could be asked to suspend the interest on the loan for a short period which might help the club in the short term. It's been done for my companies and helped put them on a sounder financial footing.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 27 Sep 2020, 22:14

Another day, another absolutely pointless idiotic post by the OP.

How long before they are banned admin? I can't be the only one sick of it

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 28 Sep 2020, 08:30

Seems Steve Gill would disagree with the OP
Attachments
20200928_082956.jpg

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player