Government u-turn on crowds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Government u-turn on crowds

Post by Nobody » 22 Sep 2020, 14:14

Wonder what season ticket sales will be like for next year with no guarantee of when fans can attend games?
🐯 COYF!

southporttiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by southporttiger » 22 Sep 2020, 15:10

All round 14 games to be played behind closed doors...

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... -confirmed

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Sep 2020, 15:34

southporttiger wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 15:10 All round 14 games to be played behind closed doors...

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... -confirmed
Hull game moved back 24 hours to Thursday 1st October as well.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 22 Sep 2020, 15:44

frainthepain wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 07:51 Pilot schemes axed :(
Are you still ripping people off for £6 for a £1.99 wolves union jack flag???

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 22 Sep 2020, 15:52

Nobody wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 14:14 Wonder what season ticket sales will be like for next year with no guarantee of when fans can attend games?
Apologies - can't post the link at the moment.

A worrying article on the BBC Sport website that describes both the existing and further potential financial impacts of fans not being allowed back in to stadiums for many clubs throughout the EFL.

The vice chair of Tranmere Rovers describes how it can be more expensive for clubs to have games with limited numbers than it is to play in front of no-one.

Everyone's well being is the most important factor in all this but it's concerning times for all sports clubs like ours.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 22 Sep 2020, 16:39

I don't really understand what we're supposed to do they keep moving the goal posts. But surely if we all play our part it must help or maybe I'm thick. I try to do my best but it's like some people just don't care. I work in a supermarket customers wear masks colleagues don't it's like playing with a loaded gun. I suppose if you catch it you get it if you don't you don't. Anyway all stay safe if you can.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Sep 2020, 17:02

Nobody wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 14:14 Wonder what season ticket sales will be like for next year with no guarantee of when fans can attend games?
It's expected the current restrictions will last six months
I know there's the world cup to fit in at the end of next season but I'd be thinking of putting next season back six weeks or so say start at the beginning of April things might look very different then if you could get next season with crowds at all games clubs would have a lot better chance of staying afloat
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 23 Sep 2020, 09:46

nottinghamtiger wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 10:06
casjunction wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:58 There are some consistencies.
The Government has consistently given inconsistent advice.
As for the 10pm curfew.
Pubs and the night time economy becomes increasingly difficult to manage as the night goes on by imposing the curfew is an attempt to prevent the less inhibited behaviour
I seem to recollect early closing in Scotland certainly in Glasgow and Edinburgh to address the issues.
I personally believe there needs to be a mixture of measures but a realisation we may have to live with the consequences of preventing mass poverty.
I do find there are a small number of posters who too quickly resort to behaviour which shows lack of responsibility.
Probably they act thus in other ateas of their lives.
Unfortunately, I think people will just go out an hour earlier, or drink as much in a shorter space of time (thus only speeding up the drunken behaviour).
Can’t help but think it’s aimed at students either. The biggest rise in cases is amongst that group and they are all just starting to return to campus so it will spread like wildfire. In the case of students, all they will do is go back to their accommodation and continue drinking in a much more confined space.
Comments blaming students are, I suspect, usually made by people who have never been students. They think that students leave home for a strange new place and spend all of their new lives drinking, fornicating and protesting. The clue is in the word...student. Students study. They would soon be off the course if they didn't. And haven't got the money to get hammered every night! And, importantly, the age group causing concern is indisputably 20-29 year olds. Most students are at college when they are 18-21 years old. So are in that age group only twice, when they are 20 and 21. 22 to 29 year olds are another eight different ages. For the last 3 months students have mostly not been at their place of study and the infections have increased.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Sep 2020, 09:57

when i see crowds of protesters that makes me mad hardly any follow the rules

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Sep 2020, 10:53

Measures need to be taken by us to protect ourselves.
I only wish we could have clear information as to how best to do so.
I take as much or as little risk as possible.
Although I am beyond retirement age l still work.
I think I have a duty to myself and others to do what I can to reduce my risk of either contracting and transmitting this scourge.
However when l see youngsters out openly flouting advice before l get all self righteous l remind myself of how l would have been in their shoes.
After all at that age you think your indestructible.
I know l would have struggled to abide by such infringements on the joys of youth.
However l hope we are set a better example by those making these decisions on our behalf.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 23 Sep 2020, 11:08

Johnny A wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 09:46
nottinghamtiger wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 10:06
casjunction wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 09:58 There are some consistencies.
The Government has consistently given inconsistent advice.
As for the 10pm curfew.
Pubs and the night time economy becomes increasingly difficult to manage as the night goes on by imposing the curfew is an attempt to prevent the less inhibited behaviour
I seem to recollect early closing in Scotland certainly in Glasgow and Edinburgh to address the issues.
I personally believe there needs to be a mixture of measures but a realisation we may have to live with the consequences of preventing mass poverty.
I do find there are a small number of posters who too quickly resort to behaviour which shows lack of responsibility.
Probably they act thus in other ateas of their lives.
Unfortunately, I think people will just go out an hour earlier, or drink as much in a shorter space of time (thus only speeding up the drunken behaviour).
Can’t help but think it’s aimed at students either. The biggest rise in cases is amongst that group and they are all just starting to return to campus so it will spread like wildfire. In the case of students, all they will do is go back to their accommodation and continue drinking in a much more confined space.
Comments blaming students are, I suspect, usually made by people who have never been students. They think that students leave home for a strange new place and spend all of their new lives drinking, fornicating and protesting. The clue is in the word...student. Students study. They would soon be off the course if they didn't. And haven't got the money to get hammered every night! And, importantly, the age group causing concern is indisputably 20-29 year olds. Most students are at college when they are 18-21 years old. So are in that age group only twice, when they are 20 and 21. 22 to 29 year olds are another eight different ages. For the last 3 months students have mostly not been at their place of study and the infections have increased.
Behave 90% off snowflake demonstraters are students same we brexit one. In headingley last two weeks five students House partys have being shut down. Agree some do actually study but how many rack up a massive student loan for two years and never pay it back and finish working in warehouse.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Sep 2020, 11:19

Another one for the list of objective discussion!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Sep 2020, 14:56

Piquad1 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 16:39 I don't really understand what we're supposed to do they keep moving the goal posts. But surely if we all play our part it must help or maybe I'm thick. I try to do my best but it's like some people just don't care. I work in a supermarket customers wear masks colleagues don't it's like playing with a loaded gun. I suppose if you catch it you get it if you don't you don't. Anyway all stay safe if you can.
All pasta and nearly all toilet rolls gone in Asda in glasshoughton ...deja vu
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Sep 2020, 15:33

tigerfeat wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 14:56
Piquad1 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 16:39 I don't really understand what we're supposed to do they keep moving the goal posts. But surely if we all play our part it must help or maybe I'm thick. I try to do my best but it's like some people just don't care. I work in a supermarket customers wear masks colleagues don't it's like playing with a loaded gun. I suppose if you catch it you get it if you don't you don't. Anyway all stay safe if you can.
All pasta and nearly all toilet rolls gone in Asda in glasshoughton ...deja vu
Christ! Some folk will still have half the stuff they didn't need to panic buy last time. ](*,) :roll:
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 23 Sep 2020, 16:34

I work at Asda it's a joke. Then they wonder why items become scarce. Time it was stopped now.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Sep 2020, 16:38

Piquad1 wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 16:34 I work at Asda it's a joke. Then they wonder why items become scarce. Time it was stopped now.

ASDA should but the rule of one item per trolly on essentials.
IE bog rolls, baked beans (1 pack of 4) per trolly. Flour. One dozen eggs.

Infact all supermarkets should do it.

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 23 Sep 2020, 17:14

asda could also stop all the college kids from over the road at glasshoughton strolling round without face masks on.profit before peoples health

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Sep 2020, 17:23

Spot on I mentioned that on here few weeks ago playing the fool down one of the ailes unbelievable
Vince Lombardi

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 23 Sep 2020, 17:23

Does amuse me the level of furore for shopping - also the desperation to examine every edge case in the rules and the rule of six.

Some things you can't avoid - shopping, work, public transport if you don't have a car.
What can you avoid, parties, the pub, gatherings..... etc.

If you planned your wedding, then I feel for you, but it's not life and death and for some in society, Covid is life and death, it may be a minority, but it is true.
Seems to me the argument that social settings are safer and better controlled may have merit, particularly on the basis that transmission seems to be most prevalent at home, but would that be a risk I would choose to take - not so much at the moment for me.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 Sep 2020, 19:42

Everywhere I go I see people not following Covid guidelines. It's a thankless task for staff in any type of retail or hospitality environment to try and enforce it without having to suffer some kind of abuse.

The situation lacks clear & strong leadership. The only way to solve it seems to be ignore the whinging, impose some tough and easy to understand measures for a a short period whilst throwing everything at finding an antidote.