Does Daryl look ready to walk?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Re: Does Daryl look ready to walk?

Post by mdean » 16 Sep 2020, 09:17

I think the social media atmosphere is generally considered toxic, at times some of the views on here could be considered an extension of that.

Daryl wouldn't be human if, like we all do at times in our work think - is it worth it and would I be better doing something else, that just makes him human. I'd be surprised if over the last few weeks he hasn't felt like that, doesn't make it more likely..... just indicates to me he cares.

What is it they say, opinions are like a-holes, everyones got one.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 16 Sep 2020, 09:30

Social media is a Cancer and its getting worse. It's given arm chair experts a platform to spout of their, often, thicker than pig dung opinions of which they know little to nothing about. You know the kind "have you ever played the game..." types who once turned out for ferry Fryston under 12's back in 1975... Oh yes Jeff let's listen to your inane ramblings and ignore the people whom have day to day dealings with the players and staff alike.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 16 Sep 2020, 09:31

P. S. I don't know who Jeff is it's just a name I pulled out the air 😁
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Sep 2020, 10:13

If Powelly had been at other clubs he would have won major trophys
Some of the desicions that have gone against us would make anybody mad but it's seen as sour grapes best just to say you know what bring it on were going to win anyway refs calls ,injurys, three games a week ,don't matter
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 16 Sep 2020, 10:20

bane73 wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 09:31 P. S. I don't know who Jeff is it's just a name I pulled out the air 😁
Jeff never dropped a ball in '75, lost his way after that. Cracking side that U12's

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Sep 2020, 11:41

Swagger wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 05:50
fords wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 18:54
Swagger wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 18:46
old cas lass wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 17:10
gateman wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 17:00

that's my thoughts well said
Doubt he’ll read this lads.
Somebody does....

The fact Watts had to post something on his twitter about it means it's getting around the squad.

Absolute shocking from any Cas fans involved.

We were once again top of the league before lock down and just been on a downer after it like a few teams.
Genuine question if I can, why is it shocking ?

People pay there money they are allowed an opinion are they not ...
Yeh they are allowed an opinion. So am I no? And I think it's shocking people want rid of him.
Great response Swagger! 😂😂😂

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Sep 2020, 14:42

mdean wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 10:20
bane73 wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 09:31 P. S. I don't know who Jeff is it's just a name I pulled out the air 😁
Jeff never dropped a ball in '75, lost his way after that. Cracking side that U12's
They were ok. Nothing more than that. I have it on good authority that sherbet dab abuse was rife in that 75 team but a blind eye was turned as it involved a star back.

The teachers and parents fell out about it and things were not the same afterwards. Posts about it on school toilet walls and in Cas bus station toilets were widely read and were damaging to the team. It affected the youth coming through and being given their opportunity.

If you haven’t played the game At a decent you won’t understand any of the above.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 16 Sep 2020, 16:06

An enjoyable exchange chaps unless your name happens to be the one plucked from the air and is prone to the odd inane ramble! Thankfully intensive therapy at The Priory has aided my paranoia and sherbert dab addiction. :)

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 16 Sep 2020, 19:29

Makes me laugh how people moan about social media and all it’s ill’s in a post on a social media forum. 🤣

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Sep 2020, 02:51

Darryl isnftnd happy at the moment is quite obvious
Audacter Et Sincere

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Sep 2020, 10:06

Mysterio wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 02:51 Darryl isnftnd happy at the moment is quite obvious
And so he shouldn’t be. But I think he’s unhappy with performances, rather than unhappy in his job.
I always start to worry when coaches start to look despondent and accept defeat. Like McDermott in his final months at Leeds, Radford at the end of last season and the beginning of 2020 at Hull and Tony Smith before he left Warrington.
Looking unhappy when we have lost is what I’d expect from our coach. I’ll start to worry when he looks like he doesn’t care.

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 19 Sep 2020, 10:39

As a Fev fan this thread reminds me a bit of Daryl's later days at Fev. He took over after we had finished third from bottom of the Championship, and over the next five years (admittedly helped by some good investment from the chairman)took us to 3 league leaders' shields in a row, three Grand Finals (of which we won one), led us to a famous Challenge Cup win which nobody here will want to be reminded about, and had a 77% winning percentage, by far the highest in the club's history. Yet on social media there were plenty of Fev fans who wanted him gone over his final year or so at the club because we'd lost a couple of big games, saying he had "no plan B".

Since then we've gone through eight coaches in seven years. Be careful what you wish for imo.

Southern Boy

Post by Southern Boy » 19 Sep 2020, 12:32

The warning about being 'careful what you wish for' applies all over sport once fans get used to a level of success & build ambition. Two examples I always relate to, & both are very applicable to Cas Tigers, are: Sam Allardyce at Bolton & Alan Curbishley at Charlton. I recall fans of both clubs thought they had taken the club as far as they could. Both dismissals then showed exactly what outstanding jobs they had done. Darryl is doing that exact same performance job against the odds. I wouldn't like him to move to leave the same predicament.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Oct 2020, 22:12

Heard McDermott as got the hull job.so that one less place for him to go

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Oct 2020, 23:07

Scoopage wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 22:12 Heard McDermott as got the hull job.so that one less place for him to go
But frainthepain told us on here months ago that Adam Pearson had talked DP into quitting Cas and take the Hull job...you mean frainthepain was wrong?

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Oct 2020, 23:45

Fumper27 wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 23:07
Scoopage wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 22:12 Heard McDermott as got the hull job.so that one less place for him to go
But frainthepain told us on here months ago that Adam Pearson had talked DP into quitting Cas and take the Hull job...you mean frainthepain was wrong?
Must be me with wrong end of stick 😂

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 23 Oct 2020, 00:02

Anglo wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:39 As a Fev fan this thread reminds me a bit of Daryl's later days at Fev. He took over after we had finished third from bottom of the Championship, and over the next five years (admittedly helped by some good investment from the chairman)took us to 3 league leaders' shields in a row, three Grand Finals (of which we won one), led us to a famous Challenge Cup win which nobody here will want to be reminded about, and had a 77% winning percentage, by far the highest in the club's history. Yet on social media there were plenty of Fev fans who wanted him gone over his final year or so at the club because we'd lost a couple of big games, saying he had "no plan B".

Since then we've gone through eight coaches in seven years. Be careful what you wish for imo.

Absolutely superb post and you're totally right.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Oct 2020, 11:25

Anglo wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:39 As a Fev fan this thread reminds me a bit of Daryl's later days at Fev. He took over after we had finished third from bottom of the Championship, and over the next five years (admittedly helped by some good investment from the chairman)took us to 3 league leaders' shields in a row, three Grand Finals (of which we won one), led us to a famous Challenge Cup win which nobody here will want to be reminded about, and had a 77% winning percentage, by far the highest in the club's history. Yet on social media there were plenty of Fev fans who wanted him gone over his final year or so at the club because we'd lost a couple of big games, saying he had "no plan B".

You may gather from my username that I live in Fev and I recall the many discussions in the local hostelries about how Powell had taken the club as far as he could. Whilst Fev have not had the same level of success since he left, they are still competitive and remain a forward thinking Club. Their biggest problem with coaches has been loyalty and that, I feel, is something Powell has and expects in return from his players.

As you say, be careful what you wish for because it's not that long ago that Cas were on the coaching merry go round and never brings success.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 23 Oct 2020, 12:15

Just for the record. Powell has never been ready to walk nor has he been close to losing his job. Powell will only leave on his terms, that's how much confidence they have in him.

It is true, that there has been some falling outs with some staff and players this season. It's been a weird year for everyone at the club, but nothing that hasn't been sorted out quickly. Players are still happy playing under Powell.

Toffycat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Toffycat » 23 Oct 2020, 14:13

That's good to hear. Long may he reign.