Does Daryl look ready to walk?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Does Daryl look ready to walk?

Post by barking » 24 Oct 2020, 03:55

Mysterio wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 16:20 Just a sense...
nope, he has dealt with worse and come out smiling. Solomona, Carney, the total betrayal by Hardaker and now Gale, The deliberate fixing of the CC redraw to take the bye from us and give it to a favourite, I am sure a bad run in a meaningless season will be like water off a ducks back to DP.
Replacing Danny Orr will be a bigger problem, I thought we were building a dynasty there

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 25 Oct 2020, 07:45

Your right there barking, nobody really seemed to notice what they did with the CC. I did at the time and it shows how corrupt our game can be, and I don't mean by the players or clubs but the governing body who are not fit for purpose.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 Oct 2020, 14:05

Well if it was fixed, it didn’t work. I can’t believe the powers that be would have wanted Saints, Wigan and Wire to miss the final
Don’t get me wrong, I hate Leeds, but I believe Hetherington has the interests of the game at heart in away that Wigan and Warrington’s owners certainly don’t
I think McManus does but not always sure.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Oct 2020, 15:27

barking wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 03:55
The deliberate fixing of the CC redraw to take the bye from us
You do realise that if the super league teams who were drawn to play lower league sides got their byes, then the all super league ties went ahead, only 7 teams would’ve remained in the quarter finals?

Therefore, how were the RFL supposed to proceed from that point with 7 teams? They made the best of a difficult situation, when most teams were left in the competition.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Oct 2020, 20:16

Fumper27 wrote: 25 Oct 2020, 15:27
barking wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 03:55
The deliberate fixing of the CC redraw to take the bye from us
You do realise that if the super league teams who were drawn to play lower league sides got their byes, then the all super league ties went ahead, only 7 teams would’ve remained in the quarter finals?

Therefore, how were the RFL supposed to proceed from that point with 7 teams? They made the best of a difficult situation, when most teams were left in the competition.
Either have 2 out of 3 original sixth round ties play as the 6th round, and the remainder as a pre-drawn QF tie, with the rest drawn for the remaining QFs.

Or 7 teams and 1 bye included. Personally I would have preferred the first of these options since it would mean no one can walk into the semis.

Also would have meant teams drawn together played their games too. May have made no difference to the outcome or the ties but would have meant that potentially Wigan/Wire going out earlier and also making sure those teams with all SL teams aren't given a week off advantage.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Oct 2020, 14:30

Classycas62 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 19:20 I think we need to first of all next year revamp our conditioning team from scratch. We need new ideas in fitness and skills. We need to be more professional in injury management, it's simply not acceptable to have key expensive signings sat on the sidelines all year and players injured every pair of plates. You have to have a system where players are monitored daily after a injury and not to return to playing until all ladder steps are ticked off. I have been involved in injury management and injury avoidance for many years and my boss would not be happy if my clients were getting injured all the time and so many re injuries.
In addition, although I can't be aware if it's not already the case, I'd like to see us employ a discipline coach. By that I mean something similar to what Fev Rovers have done in recent years and made use of a former Grade 1 ref to improve their disciplinary record.

May sound daft but I know they guy they used managed to reduced their penalty count considerably, so much so that the Rhinos were interested in utilising him until Covid kicked in.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 28 Oct 2020, 11:09

Flat Capper wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 14:30
Classycas62 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 19:20 I think we need to first of all next year revamp our conditioning team from scratch. We need new ideas in fitness and skills. We need to be more professional in injury management, it's simply not acceptable to have key expensive signings sat on the sidelines all year and players injured every pair of plates. You have to have a system where players are monitored daily after a injury and not to return to playing until all ladder steps are ticked off. I have been involved in injury management and injury avoidance for many years and my boss would not be happy if my clients were getting injured all the time and so many re injuries.
In addition, although I can't be aware if it's not already the case, I'd like to see us employ a discipline coach. By that I mean something similar to what Fev Rovers have done in recent years and made use of a former Grade 1 ref to improve their disciplinary record.

May sound daft but I know they guy they used managed to reduced their penalty count considerably, so much so that the Rhinos were interested in utilising him until Covid kicked in.
Our discipline wouldn't look any worse than others if they actually penalised the team we are playing.

Saints, Wigan and Hull would have had one more sending off. Leeds should have had one for either the forearm /elbow to macca or the tip tackle. At least 3 penalties we missed out on extra for the 2 ball steals and the elbow from myler.

We had peanut say down for 2/3 matches for a late tackle and yet a play on for hurrell.