What's Gone Wrong

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: What's Gone Wrong

Post by Tigers1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 16:29

I'll go with that Fumper. Absolute bonkers of a year and one which needs to end asap for different reasons. Onwards and upwards to 2021 fingers crossed..

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 16:59

The thing is, mathematically we are still in the top 4.

I'm not sure how many games are left to play or who we even play, but say we still have FC, KR, Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakey to play, if we win most if not all and the fact the top 4 still have to play each other, we could well sneak in.

Unlikely yes, but not impossible...

DARE TO DREAM :-#

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Sep 2020, 17:09

LeeThorpe898 wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 22:24 Hi guys just wanted to know your opinions in whats gone wrong this season. As we started well with 5 wins and only 2 defeats. But now after the lockdown we've only won one in six and have lost to saints and wigan but before lockdown we beat them. I know a lot of people are blaming Powell or certain players but these are the same people that stared the season well so why all of a sudden are they so bad?
What's gone wrong?

- Several months off and a small pre-season
- Obscure and unlucky injuries (Watts sawing his hand, Feki repeated issues, Trueman back injury).
- Lack of consistency in fixtures and limited preparation time
- Rankin going home (he knew the systems and already had a good relationship).
- Shocking refereeing, which has cost us in the energy battle and also points against us, as well as disadvantaging us in the games.

It feels worse because the season is so condensed and the goalposts have moved. Same for everyone but I'd say only Saints have come back in some kind of form. Rest of the sides have struggled.

You look around Super League and it is a similar story. Hudds started well and have fallen off like us. Wakey have got a huge injury problem. Hull are hit and miss and arguably spend more than us.

This season was a complete bust and to be honest I'll be happy if we make it through as a club. It does highlight several areas that we need to be addressing, though, the cracks of which appeared a while ago.

Give it our best shot but once we are out of it, rest players up and in for the ops they need ASAP and get them fit and ready for preseason again. Short turnaround into next year.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!