What's Gone Wrong

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

What's Gone Wrong

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 13 Sep 2020, 22:24

Hi guys just wanted to know your opinions in whats gone wrong this season. As we started well with 5 wins and only 2 defeats. But now after the lockdown we've only won one in six and have lost to saints and wigan but before lockdown we beat them. I know a lot of people are blaming Powell or certain players but these are the same people that stared the season well so why all of a sudden are they so bad?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: What's Gone Wrong lockdown is what went wrong

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Sep 2020, 05:56

Lockdown is what went wrong. Plain and simple

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Re: What's Gone Wrong

Post by dj nelly » 14 Sep 2020, 07:26

new rules dont suit our structured plays pre lockdown

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Sep 2020, 08:22

People like Cheyse Blair coming back overweight didn’t help .

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 14 Sep 2020, 08:56

Other clubs supporters had said for a while Cas were good at slowing and distrupting the tackled man. With the new rules and having a relatively small pack teams are rolling down the pitch against us.

Thinking caps on for the coaching team and a couple of bigger forwards wouldn't harm us. I mean how many forwards do we have that are about 6ft and 15st??!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 14 Sep 2020, 09:01

Change of opposition with 2 days notice, or, not having a game then having one. teams playing a week before us, so, we go in not being up to speed. Stupid turn around time, yes, Hull had the same but they had the 8 players rested. Players unfit or injured or past it. I dare say Daryl can see all this but with sky being d**k heads over money we have to tow the line and keep our mouths shut and just get on with it.
The sooner this season/year comes to an end the better for all concerned.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 14 Sep 2020, 09:04

simple bad recruitment soon has get few injurys in back line or key forwards injured we done as a winning team. Look at hull last week rested seven players to be fresh for cup game and still won league game no way we could do that .

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Sep 2020, 09:10

bane73 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 09:01 Change of opposition with 2 days notice, or, not having a game then having one. teams playing a week before us, so, we go in not being up to speed. Stupid turn around time, yes, Hull had the same but they had the 8 players rested. Players unfit or injured or past it. I dare say Daryl can see all this but with sky being d**k heads over money we have to tow the line and keep our mouths shut and just get on with it.
The sooner this season/year comes to an end the better for all concerned.
Nail on head bane.
Couldn’t put it better myself.
EVERYTHING as been against us since the restart.
Let’s hope it now gets a little easier.
The 3 best teams in the league all done, out of the cup which gives us more breathing space.
Get some bodies back.
Hopefully we should start to pick some wins up.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2020, 09:14

Tigersbarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:22 People like Cheyse Blair coming back overweight didn’t help .
I've said before some of the players behaviour since Powell took over as been embarrising
He's the coach that's for him to deal with but nothing ever seems easy
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Sep 2020, 13:18

I think not being able to train properly since the lock down as had a huge affect on our fitness and game preparation and this as lead to us struggling with the new way the game is being played. We have been in most games but our attacking options are so limited that the only way we look like scoring against good defensive units is from kicks.
Powell needs more quality time on the training pitch for him to be able to get some work in to the players.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 14 Sep 2020, 13:50

Totally agree with the replies so far i feel the main reason for our decline is a mixture of the lockdown itself and how the players handled it like fitness levels and so on. But the other issue is the rfls handling of the restart with the crazy new rules plus the time between fixtures also not knowing who you will be playing or when. I know football is a much bigger sport but when you compare there restart to rugby's you see just what a pathetic organisation the rfl really is.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 14 Sep 2020, 14:05

LeeThorpe898 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 13:50 Totally agree with the replies so far i feel the main reason for our decline is a mixture of the lockdown itself and how the players handled it like fitness levels and so on. But the other issue is the rfls handling of the restart with the crazy new rules plus the time between fixtures also not knowing who you will be playing or when. I know football is a much bigger sport but when you compare there restart to rugby's you see just what a pathetic organisation the rfl really is.
Think some people, looking for excuses to feel better how bad we have got. Being same for all over teams but they have had better recruitment policy getting cover were needed a right skill set

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Sep 2020, 14:07

Catalans, Saints, Wigan and Warrington don’t appear to have struggled like we have. You could add Leeds into this group.

Can’t think why at all?

Truth is we are a club in decline with a poor ground, poor recruitment, poor attitude from some players and we don’t have anyone prepared to invest. Our back up players are crap and for me some of the players need might on. We seem to pick up injuries for fun so is there any blame on the conditioning team? We have had players injured and not seen for months. That can’t be right.

You can blame the refs, Sky and the RFL all you like but the problems are within the club.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Sep 2020, 14:14

Everyone blaming “poor recruitment” didn’t have an issue when we beat Saints to go to 5 wins from 7 and joint top of the league.

This season is like no other so I, for one, will treat it as such.

What a fickle bunch you are.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 14 Sep 2020, 15:07

Fumper27 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:14 Everyone blaming “poor recruitment” didn’t have an issue when we beat Saints to go to 5 wins from 7 and joint top of the league.

This season is like no other so I, for one, will treat it as such.

What a fickle bunch you are.
Beat me to it Fumper

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 16:29

I'll go with that Fumper. Absolute bonkers of a year and one which needs to end asap for different reasons. Onwards and upwards to 2021 fingers crossed..

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 16:59

The thing is, mathematically we are still in the top 4.

I'm not sure how many games are left to play or who we even play, but say we still have FC, KR, Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakey to play, if we win most if not all and the fact the top 4 still have to play each other, we could well sneak in.

Unlikely yes, but not impossible...

DARE TO DREAM :-#

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Sep 2020, 17:09

LeeThorpe898 wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 22:24 Hi guys just wanted to know your opinions in whats gone wrong this season. As we started well with 5 wins and only 2 defeats. But now after the lockdown we've only won one in six and have lost to saints and wigan but before lockdown we beat them. I know a lot of people are blaming Powell or certain players but these are the same people that stared the season well so why all of a sudden are they so bad?
What's gone wrong?

- Several months off and a small pre-season
- Obscure and unlucky injuries (Watts sawing his hand, Feki repeated issues, Trueman back injury).
- Lack of consistency in fixtures and limited preparation time
- Rankin going home (he knew the systems and already had a good relationship).
- Shocking refereeing, which has cost us in the energy battle and also points against us, as well as disadvantaging us in the games.

It feels worse because the season is so condensed and the goalposts have moved. Same for everyone but I'd say only Saints have come back in some kind of form. Rest of the sides have struggled.

You look around Super League and it is a similar story. Hudds started well and have fallen off like us. Wakey have got a huge injury problem. Hull are hit and miss and arguably spend more than us.

This season was a complete bust and to be honest I'll be happy if we make it through as a club. It does highlight several areas that we need to be addressing, though, the cracks of which appeared a while ago.

Give it our best shot but once we are out of it, rest players up and in for the ops they need ASAP and get them fit and ready for preseason again. Short turnaround into next year.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!