Time for new ideas..

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Time for new ideas..

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 13:03

A message from Liam Watts on Twitter responding to them calling for Powells head;
Those asking for his head want to give their heads a shake.

We was 5 from 7 before lock down. We’ve been doing it tough and we’ve been on the wrong end of results. No full back, no stand off for the last few weeks. Blokes carrying injuries constantly. Stick with us Tiger face

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2020, 13:04

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2020, 13:07

Tigersbarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 12:39 He’s rinsing the club , time to move on Ian
Sad if that's the case his mam and dad loved the club they wouldn't have liked that kind of behaviour I don't think
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Sep 2020, 14:16

All he appears to be interested In is taking money out of the club and binning the shareholders off so he cant be brought to task about it.

If you had seen how he haha we and lied at a previous AGM then you would know what he is about.

He is not and never will be a businessman. He is just hanging around and wants “His” money.

He has already had a gun at the clubs head to get control n the way he did it. Who is to say he won’t do it again?

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 14 Sep 2020, 15:05

Nothing changes at Cas does it, half wits moaning about Danny R in the same way their predecessors moaned about Adrian Vowles in his first season at Cas. This season means nothing, superleague on a %age table (oooh look at Catalan, this proves expansion works and the wolfpack will be back in SL [my arse]) and the CC has been a joke since seeding was introduced. We will be firing on all cylinders when this fake flu bug has fooked off and the SL and CC are meaningful competitions again. Im just surprised that some of our experts havent blamed Powell for the "virus".

Still, the forum is good reading just for its comedy value if nowt else

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Sep 2020, 16:48

Tigersbarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 12:39 He’s rinsing the club , time to move on Ian

That's a serious allegation to make. Have you any evidence to support the libellous claim and can you show, and tell the forum, how much he has taken out the club to back this up?

He may have increased his shareholding and the loan may have interest on it. That he is entitled to do. It is his money, his loan. He hasn't, however, pulled that loan nor taken any money out of the club to repay it when he could have done, instead choosing to support the first team and coaching staff, as well as maintaining the solvency of the business.

He doesn't have to. Could quite easily sell WR, repay his loan and go off into the sunset if he wanted.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Sep 2020, 17:49

Back on Richardson, to give some context to his season, against Salford just a few days ago he was Sky MOM and picked up three Albert Goldthorpe points which put him second in the table to another Cas player McShane. Did it without his regular halfback partner too.
He must be doing something right.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 14 Sep 2020, 18:09

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 11:13 DP has done mostly a fantastic job under the circumstances.

To compete we need investment and we know that won’t happen as our Main Man is more interested in his own greed.

Look at the top sides, they are all better than us at recruitment and facilities.

They also have people in their clubs with ideas and money.

Whilst we expect DP to shop at Lidl we will get Lidl quality. He is not a miracle worker although he has shown he can improve average players.

We need quality to assist the coach on the field and that costs money. Something Cas dont have and never will have due to the last 20 years plus of poor investment and poor recruitment.

Our facilities are the second worst in SL so that doesn’t help.

Until we get a change at the top we will always be as we are just now with the odd good season, again as we always have done.

Not everything is down to DP.
Excellent post agree with all you say except the facilities they have everything other clubs have so it should not affect their training etc.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 14 Sep 2020, 20:39

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:40 I know everyone is in the same boat, but I don’t think we should be making many snap judgements based on this season.
We were joint top, when Covid struck, then injuries aside, we had to deal with no matches at the Jungle when we had beaten both Wigan and Saints there, losing two points ( I know like 6 others, but even so) , fundamental changes in playing rules, having two key fixtures with Hull moved at a stage of the season when they were in a mess, leaving us ill prepared for hastily rearranged games against the bed teams in the league and ultimately with two games in four days including a cup tie in a round of the cup we should originally have had a bye from. Add to that the unfortunate way that we got little on field help from refs when appalling things were being done to our players( evidenced by the bans that were handed out) , it hasn’t been our luckiest season . No excuses, just a bit of understanding would help though.
Nail on head Tammy Tiger 🐅🐅🐅

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 14 Sep 2020, 21:57

HuddsTigers wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 16:48

That's a serious allegation to make. Have you any evidence to support the libellous claim and can you show, and tell the forum, how much he has taken out the club to back this up?

He may have increased his shareholding and the loan may have interest on it. That he is entitled to do. It is his money, his loan. He hasn't, however, pulled that loan nor taken any money out of the club to repay it when he could have done, instead choosing to support the first team and coaching staff, as well as maintaining the solvency of the business.

He doesn't have to. Could quite easily sell WR, repay his loan and go off into the sunset if he wanted.
Just to clarify a few things.

A variation on the loan arrangement was agreed on 21st Sept 2015.

Whereby, the payment by the company (Cas Tigers)of the £2,240,375 aggregate loan plus (accrued put unpaid) interest, all due and payable to be delayed for a period of 3 years commencing 11th Dec 2018.

In essence the interest on the loan (base rate plus 2.5‰)is being added to the existing loan and will become due and payable on the 11th Dec 2021.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2020, 07:53

If mass crowds arnt allowed in for the start of next season ,Ideas would be needed how to keep clubs afloat ,all the Darryl walking and how well the team are playing will pale into insignificance
Vince Lombardi

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 18 Sep 2020, 16:07

Spot on Tamworth. The rfl have changed the way the competition is run halfway through the season and the cc is a absolute joke with the byes farce, and the officials have it seems not seen anything they should have seen. We started the season very well and I'm sure we would be still up there if *edited hadn't messed about in a lab. So let's all keep our heads while those around us lose theirs and stand by our club and everyone involved with our club. COYF
* please don't use words that may be considered as racially offensive

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Sep 2020, 02:48

if Daryl wishes to stay with others I wouldn't swap you for a coach in the world however is he being backed by the board with financial clout in the transfer market
Audacter Et Sincere

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 19 Sep 2020, 19:16

I think we'll be moving money about once those who are going are gone and we should have some scope to get new blood in. We really need some more investment besides what we have already but I think investors will be very few and far between in these times. As a club I personally don't think we've done too bad on the recruitment front but also DP and his team have done well to turn some into decent players imo.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Sep 2020, 20:05

I do think we need to review our plays I haven’t seen anything really new in about 3 years I honestly think we very rarely see any of our forwards steaming on to a ball to cut back in we always seem to move laterally it’s hard to say if that’s just because we’re struggling to get a 6/7 combo together for long enough Pete was on fire in the centre and we’ve lost that edge trying to shoe horn him in to that 6/7 role. I’d love to see us play abit of shackles off rugby now for the rest of the year if I’m honest I don’t see us getting in the play offs so why not give it all we have while trying combos out give the young lads the chance to play it’s a free season. If we had never got relegated would the likes of westy Huby and everyone got the blood in that got them to where they ended up. We seem as a club to be missing a close bond and abit of fun it seems.