Time for new ideas..

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
frainthepain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Time for new ideas..

Post by frainthepain » 13 Sep 2020, 19:36

Sorry but I think the time is right for a new coaching team.

We seem to have started going backwards under Powell and teams seem to work us out too easily.

Powell will always be a legend coach for us but his day has gone sadly

Recruitment has been dire and he has to carry the can.

Hull axed Radford after back to back cc wins.. Nobody is untouchable if your ambitious.

yellow_t-shirt
Twitter: @boarderman_xoncrene

Re: Time for new ideas..

Post by yellow_t-shirt » 13 Sep 2020, 19:38

Not sure about Powell going but defo need new coaches to input fresh ideas or tactics. What happened to the tie-in with Ford from York?

frainthepain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by frainthepain » 13 Sep 2020, 19:44

A young and hungry coach who would not have favourites and overall a average squad.

Jason Demetriou... Fantastic reputation in the NRL... Wants a head coach job as he had 2 interviews for St Helens and very nearly got the job according to the press and he Knows the area so can settle quick.

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 13 Sep 2020, 20:09

frainthepain wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 19:44 A young and hungry coach who would not have favourites and overall a average squad.

Jason Demetriou... Fantastic reputation in the NRL... Wants a head coach job as he had 2 interviews for St Helens and very nearly got the job according to the press and he Knows the area so can settle quick.
Unfortunately if keep recruiting injured players and players other clubs trying to get off there hands don't matter who coaches the team. we on a slippy slope back to championship in three years when are core players, retire or move on.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Sep 2020, 20:25

10 days recovery now.
10 training days more or less.
Let’s regroup and see how we go against hudds.
If nothing as changed playing wise then big unlikable questions should be asked. Not just about DP but some of the players.

Anyone know which ground we’ll be playing at, cos if it’s saints, then the team needn’t turn up.........just kidding, we have to brake the hoodoo some time.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 Sep 2020, 20:36

old cas lass wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 20:25 10 days recovery now.
If nothing as changed playing wise then big unlikable questions should be asked. Not just about DP but some of the players.

Anyone know which ground we’ll be playing at, cos if it’s saints, then the team needn’t turn up.........just kidding, we have to brake the hoodoo some time.
Probably at 7:34 Tuesday morning at Warringtons ground.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 13 Sep 2020, 20:49

bane73 wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 20:36
old cas lass wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 20:25 10 days recovery now.

Probably at 7:34 Tuesday morning at Warringtons ground.
I think bbc said st helens

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2020, 07:49

frainthepain wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 19:44 A young and hungry coach who would not have favourites and overall a average squad.

What about all the good that Powell as done ,I believe he's made mistakes like everybody else but first rocky spell he as you want to bin him
I don't think anybody should stay as coach on past exploits but surely you give him chance to sort things out
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 08:12

Powell out, no! but, it does make you wonder if we miss Gale more than we'll ever admit.

Come season end, an internal inquiry is needed by both the coaching staff and players in to what has happened to us as a team after lockdown. We were irresistible before it and looked good value for challenging this year.

I'm not happy with how the last few week have gone, but I am willing to completely write this nightmare year as a whole off and go again in 2021, with Evalds in and hopefully a couple of decent signing in certain positions.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2020, 08:18

Absolutely there needs to be some soul searching but there's a long time to do it and sort things out before next season
Gale was the England scrum half before he got crocked we did try and keep him he wanted out
Nobody were interested in signing Gale before he came to us he blossomed when he arrived down lane hopefully DR will follow the same path
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Sep 2020, 08:19

heritage1926 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:12 Powell out, no! but, it does make you wonder if we miss Gale more than we'll ever admit.

Come season end, an internal inquiry is needed by both the coaching staff and players in to what has happened to us as a team after lockdown. We were irresistible before it and looked good value for challenging this year.

I'm not happy with how the last few week have gone, but I am willing to completely write this nightmare year as a whole off and go again in 2021, with Evalds in and hopefully a couple of decent signing in certain positions.
100% agree , when you used to watch games , Gale used to be constantly barking out orders and marching people round into position . I just don’t see or get the impression Richardson does

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 14 Sep 2020, 08:29

Need a review, from the top to the bottom of the club.

The board cannot gamble on supporters stumping up for season tickets if the same problems are still there. We shouldn't keep blaming the lack of facilities as an excuse either...its as tired as the players looked at 4.45pm Sunday.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Sep 2020, 08:40

I know everyone is in the same boat, but I don’t think we should be making many snap judgements based on this season.
We were joint top, when Covid struck, then injuries aside, we had to deal with no matches at the Jungle when we had beaten both Wigan and Saints there, losing two points ( I know like 6 others, but even so) , fundamental changes in playing rules, having two key fixtures with Hull moved at a stage of the season when they were in a mess, leaving us ill prepared for hastily rearranged games against the bed teams in the league and ultimately with two games in four days including a cup tie in a round of the cup we should originally have had a bye from. Add to that the unfortunate way that we got little on field help from refs when appalling things were being done to our players( evidenced by the bans that were handed out) , it hasn’t been our luckiest season . No excuses, just a bit of understanding would help though.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Sep 2020, 08:46

Tigersbarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:19
heritage1926 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:12 Powell out, no! but, it does make you wonder if we miss Gale more than we'll ever admit.

100% agree , when you used to watch games , Gale used to be constantly barking out orders and marching people round into position . I just don’t see or get the impression Richardson does
True, Gale was quite a unique scrum half, but let's not knock Richardson though.

Gale was 27 when he came to us and had already played for 3 other clubs and had quite a bit of SL experience. Danny will eventually find his own style of play with Cas, it's still easy to forget that it's only his 10th or so game with us.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Sep 2020, 11:13

DP has done mostly a fantastic job under the circumstances.

To compete we need investment and we know that won’t happen as our Main Man is more interested in his own greed.

Look at the top sides, they are all better than us at recruitment and facilities.

They also have people in their clubs with ideas and money.

Whilst we expect DP to shop at Lidl we will get Lidl quality. He is not a miracle worker although he has shown he can improve average players.

We need quality to assist the coach on the field and that costs money. Something Cas dont have and never will have due to the last 20 years plus of poor investment and poor recruitment.

Our facilities are the second worst in SL so that doesn’t help.

Until we get a change at the top we will always be as we are just now with the odd good season, again as we always have done.

Not everything is down to DP.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Sep 2020, 11:19

Ian Fulton not helping too

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Sep 2020, 11:24

There's enough good coaches at Cas that's why we've had a good few years surely Time for new ideas should mean getting good youngsters and bringing them through to first team as soon as possible then you would only need to make one or two good signings every season
Vince Lombardi

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 14 Sep 2020, 12:03

Tigersbarmy wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 11:19 Ian Fulton not helping too
how do you know this are you privy to Ian Fulton's day to day dealings if so futher explain your comment please

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 14 Sep 2020, 12:05

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 14 Sep 2020, 12:39

* edited time to move on Ian