JSL

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

JSL

Post by Casmoley » 04 Sep 2020, 08:38

Powell claims he dropped him for his performances, but I've heard a few say he has been stood down for two weeks after going to meet Wakeys Arona and breaking covid restrictions.

IF this is true, other than being stood down should there be a bigger punishment?

There are simple rules to follow, one is not meeting a player from a different team where there has been outbreaks of covid, risking your own health, your families, your team mates and the game that pays you.

Thoughts?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: JSL

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Sep 2020, 09:14

Poor stuff from the player if it's true I think it should be said what he's done rarther than saying he's just being dropped too
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 04 Sep 2020, 10:28

We’re a better team without him playing so not really bothered , very selfish act from him to potentially put his team mates at risk 👍🏻

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 04 Sep 2020, 11:18

Jesse is a great guy but his performances haven't been great since 17. I guess you could say that about alot of our players. Maybe his head is elsewhere. I know he had some problems with his family and loss of his father in law and he seems to have a few side businesses going on too.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 04 Sep 2020, 11:20

If true will he miss both Wire and Hull? Brutal on the squad if he does. Moors looks well short. Blair will be similar if he comes in. Smith definitely out. No sign of Cook. So looking very flimsy in forwards and putting strain on the playing group, increasing chance of injury to them. Big let down from a senior player is that.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 04 Sep 2020, 12:06

Time for O’Neil and Hepi to step up

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Sep 2020, 12:06

JSL is a waste of space right now.

You can tell he’s unhappy/unfit/undecided on future with his attitude on the field, but it’s his hair more than anything he seems to have most focus on

Don’t get me wrong, what a smashing fella who was the glue in the 17 squad but right now I’d truly say his time is done with us for a number of reasons.

Love ya JSL overall and thanks, but let’s hope the club lets him go.
Audacter Et Sincere

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 04 Sep 2020, 13:49

If this is true surely the club have fined him as well as standing him down.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 04 Sep 2020, 13:59

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 11:20 If true will he miss both Wire and Hull? Brutal on the squad if he does. Moors looks well short. Blair will be similar if he comes in. Smith definitely out. No sign of Cook. So looking very flimsy in forwards and putting strain on the playing group, increasing chance of injury to them. Big let down from a senior player is that.
Watts also broke four ribs early in the game last night.

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 04 Sep 2020, 14:14

I think jesse has forgot why he's here seems more interested in his many buisness dealing than rugby. needs to make up his mind which, i understand he has his future to map out we we pay him to play rugby.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 04 Sep 2020, 14:15

Think he will be on a lot of coin as well too , we can get a lot better player for probably value we are paying him

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Sep 2020, 15:42

nottinghamtiger wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 13:59
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 11:20 If true will he miss both Wire and Hull? Brutal on the squad if he does. Moors looks well short. Blair will be similar if he comes in. Smith definitely out. No sign of Cook. So looking very flimsy in forwards and putting strain on the playing group, increasing chance of injury to them. Big let down from a senior player is that.
Watts also broke four ribs early in the game last night.
Don’t think that’s official looking at the thread on it. We’ll see

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 04 Sep 2020, 20:13

JSL is a nice enough guy and well liked, however, on the field of play, I have never ever rated him.

For his size, he has not ever punched his weight and I cannot decide if he is a carthorse or a crab for all the half hearted runs he has made and always sideways and never direct.

There has been some definite misses of players who have been available in the recent past to have got much better than what we have. For example, I highy rate Abdul at Hull KR as he is a very clever and smart player and love watching him conjure up something out of nothing - He would have been great at Cas if we could have landed him when he became available.

Watching Saints tonight against Huddersfield, their youth talent is absolutely phenomenal compared to ours !!! What's going wrong around Cas to breed some outstanding talent ???? Someone help me on this for an answer !!!

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 04 Sep 2020, 22:40

CasRus wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 20:13 JSL is a nice enough guy and well liked, however, on the field of play, I have never ever rated him.

For his size, he has not ever punched his weight and I cannot decide if he is a carthorse or a crab for all the half hearted runs he has made and always sideways and never direct.

There has been some definite misses of players who have been available in the recent past to have got much better than what we have. For example, I highy rate Abdul at Hull KR as he is a very clever and smart player and love watching him conjure up something out of nothing - He would have been great at Cas if we could have landed him when he became available.

Watching Saints tonight against Huddersfield, their youth talent is absolutely phenomenal compared to ours !!! What's going wrong around Cas to breed some outstanding talent ???? Someone help me on this for an answer !!!
Unfortunately last 2-3 years we’ve gave some daft contracts out to players that at the time was playing very well but a lot have gone backwards
Jesse
Junior
Milner
Eden
Shenton
Mcmeeken all them players will be about 500k all together at least and I think we could Do a lot better value than that

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Sep 2020, 08:04

Tigersbarmy wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 22:40
CasRus wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 20:13 JSL is a nice enough guy and well liked, however, on the field of play, I have never ever rated him.

Unfortunately last 2-3 years we’ve gave some daft contracts out to players that at the time was playing very well but a lot have gone backwards
Jesse
Junior
Milner
Eden
Shenton
Mcmeeken all them players will be about 500k all together at least and I think we could Do a lot better value than that
You've answered your own question you could argue about length of contract or how much money but all them players were playing well when they got new contracts there would have been uproar if Mckmeeken had been allowed to leave at the time hindsight is a wonderful thing ...
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 05 Sep 2020, 09:55

tigerfeat wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 08:04

Jesse
Junior
Milner
Eden
Shenton
You've answered your own question you could argue about length of contract or how much money but all them players were playing well when they got new contracts there would have been uproar if Mckmeeken had been allowed to leave at the time hindsight is a wonderful thing ...
Virtually everyone on this forum congratulated Cas on tying players down long term. We used to complain we were a feeder club and couldn’t keep players. The last player to leave which upset me was Daz, and at the time it was forced.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Sep 2020, 11:37

cogito ergo sum wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 09:55
tigerfeat wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 08:04

Jesse
Junior
Milner
Eden
Shenton
Virtually everyone on this forum congratulated Cas on tying players down long term. We used to complain we were a feeder club and couldn’t keep players. The last player to leave which upset me was Daz, and at the time it was forced.
I really wanted us to keep Mitch Clark I thought he would make a rate player I was completely wrong he looked umpty what I saw against HKR
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 05 Sep 2020, 12:46

Aye Clark isn’t worht what he asked for,

Re adbull. I too rate that lad. Can’t state how much either,rated him even young at hull and can’t believe he’s not been snared by a top 4 side

He’d make an incredible loose forward for us and cover for HB too.

Not only that he can cover 9 and is only 24.

I’d be chasing him aggressively at the end of next season. He expires in 2021 and is near top of my list

I hope wellsi is keeping tabs on him.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Sep 2020, 12:50

I was thinking that about Abdull when I watched him turned into a good player now
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Sep 2020, 13:22

Mysterio wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 12:46 Aye Clark isn’t worht what he asked for,

Re adbull. I too rate that lad. Can’t state how much either,rated him even young at hull and can’t believe he’s not been snared by a top 4 side

He’d make an incredible loose forward for us and cover for HB too.

Not only that he can cover 9 and is only 24.

I’d be chasing him aggressively at the end of next season. He expires in 2021 and is near top of my list

I hope wellsi is keeping tabs on him.
He’s had fitness issues in the past that he seems to be over now. At times, he simply wouldn’t get through a game of SL without becoming a passenger and a liability. His lifestyle at that point wasn’t compatible with being a top athlete.
If he’s started to take a more professional attitude towards life, he’s got all the talent.