JSL

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: JSL

Post by old cas lass » 06 Sep 2020, 14:34

gateman wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 13:42 i must admit i have not played the game but my love for rugby league is up there with the best
Me either gateman.
I’d like to think I knew a bit about the game.
Infact I wish I was 45 years younger,I’d have loved to play in the ladies team for my home town team
I would of burst with pride.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 06 Sep 2020, 14:59

bane73 wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 12:53 That statement "have you ever played" is the dumbest statement ever. No matter what sport you play or participate in if you know the game you know it. Bielsa, current Leeds manager, knew from a young age he wouldn't make it as a player and is lorded as one of the best coaches around, just, listen to pep at man City talk about him. Angelo Dundee AND Cus D'Amato never fought professionally and knew more about boxing that any living fighter... So my point is you don't have to play the game to know the game. So if any one makes that statement in future please just shoot em down with these few examples and make em look like the idiots they are.
Absolutely this

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 06 Sep 2020, 19:29

The game will never be won or lost by those on the field alone, as it will neither be won or lost by those off the field alone. Let's stop bashing each other for their opinions, because as we type on our screens, we are the ones who are definitely not on the field.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 06 Sep 2020, 21:13

Confirmed in the paper he's been stood down!

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 06 Sep 2020, 21:16

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 14:59
bane73 wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 12:53 That statement "have you ever played" is the dumbest statement ever. No matter what sport you play or participate in if you know the game you know it. Bielsa, current Leeds manager, knew from a young age he wouldn't make it as a player and is lorded as one of the best coaches around, just, listen to pep at man City talk about him. Angelo Dundee AND Cus D'Amato never fought professionally and knew more about boxing that any living fighter... So my point is you don't have to play the game to know the game. So if any one makes that statement in future please just shoot em down with these few examples and make em look like the idiots they are.
Absolutely this
I’m not saying that you can’t have an opinion if you have never played professionally, just saying that your opinion will be misinformed and not as good as mine.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 06 Sep 2020, 22:05

Exactly, some people are just better at coaching, theorising, and motivating others to become better.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 06 Sep 2020, 22:50

To be honest Mcmeeken and JSL look poor. Holmes consistently plays well in terms of workload but rarely looks an attacking threat.

Rather than it been the players who have become ineffective it could partly be the system.

Mcmeeken as an example, the main ball he seems to get in an attacking possession is an inside drop of pass, which isn't going to cause any real problems. Is it been coached? Is the half back calling it? Is Mcmeeken choosing to come inside?

I just dont think we have back rowers running effective lines (Liam Farrell does it excellently) but the play needs to be set up for the lines to be effective.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 07 Sep 2020, 00:30

McMeekan has been poor for the last 2 seasons, see you later and mind the door doesnt hit you on the way out. He was a nobody when Powell signed him and he things he deserves mega bucks BUT HE DOESN'T #-o

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Sep 2020, 06:08

That’s the risk you take though. If a player has a great season, as most of our players did in 2017, you are left with two scenarios:

1) player signs improved contract and stays at the club
2) player signs improved contact elsewhere and leaves the club

As someone already alluded to on here, specifically in the case of Mike Mcmeeken, everyone was happy when he signed the new and improved deal after 2017. Imagine the fallout if Daryl had let him go stating “we have decided not to renew Mike’s contract as he’s as good now as he’s ever going to be”.

Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way and us, as fans and supporters, need to realise that.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 07 Sep 2020, 08:08

Fumper27 wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 06:08 That’s the risk you take though. If a player has a great season, as most of our players did in 2017, you are left with two scenarios:

1) player signs improved contract and stays at the club
2) player signs improved contact elsewhere and leaves the club

As someone already alluded to on here, specifically in the case of Mike Mcmeeken, everyone was happy when he signed the new and improved deal after 2017. Imagine the fallout if Daryl had let him go stating “we have decided not to renew Mike’s contract as he’s as good now as he’s ever going to be”.

Sorry, but it doesn’t work that way and us, as fans and supporters, need to realise that.
The club did the right thing tying people to long contracts. However Mc Mcmeekan even in 2017 was never consistently good. For his size he never does any of the tough stuff and if he does he usually gets put straight onto his backside. He may have the one handed flick pass which looks great when it comes off but I've always wondered why he never gets dropped from the team. He can have 3 poor games on the trot and still walk into the starting 13. JSL is a great player to have around the team for moral but hes shown now it's time to go. As for Milners improved contract because SUPPOSEDLY Ausy teams were interested was a really bad decision by Cas. Think Powell was trying to do a Leeds and have the same players in the team for Years to come but unfortunately players will go to were the money is best. Theres gonna be a lot of players going at the end of the season BIG EARNERS so let's see who gets brought in. Hope Cas have learned a lesson and get the money and timescale of the contracts right this time.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Sep 2020, 12:43

I would of thought better of Jesse.
Very disappointed with him.

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/art ... f_a4JWR9sw

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Sep 2020, 12:45

If Daryl knew on Thursday yet lied, I’m also disappointed with him

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 07 Sep 2020, 12:49

old cas lass wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 12:43 I would of thought better of Jesse.
Very disappointed with him.

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/art ... f_a4JWR9sw
What an idiot.
It was always going to happen with him - even in strict lockdown he didn’t seem to think the rules applied to him and he posted numerous photos of himself with others, even touching other people and sharing cars.
I believe on this occasion he went to the house of a Wakefield player, in complete defiance of the RFL and club protocols.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 07 Sep 2020, 12:51

Bye bye for me now, spend his wage on something better.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 07 Sep 2020, 12:56

A Wakey fan commented on twitter that when Fifita was stood down for breaking their protocol, that Jesse was seen in Wakefield with him.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Sep 2020, 13:03

Fumper27 wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 12:45 If Daryl knew on Thursday yet lied, I’m also disappointed with him
Yep true.
Maybe he was defending the other players with a big game ahead of us.
Didn’t want any distraction’s. IE press and media.

Ponte Pigeon

Post by Ponte Pigeon » 07 Sep 2020, 13:05

Anyone who thinks he's the only Cas player who has broken lockdown rules is deluded. It just appears he's the one who been caught.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 07 Sep 2020, 13:06

The protocols are there to protect them and their livelihoods.
Players breaching the protocols perhaps need tougher sanctions.
Not sure how many more disruptions are needed before the season could be suspended which could lead to Sky asking for a refund putting the professional status of the game in jeopardy.
Perhaps Gareth Carvell needs to speak publicly to the players.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Sep 2020, 13:39

casjunction wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 13:06 The protocols are there to protect them and their livelihoods.
Players breaching the protocols perhaps need tougher sanctions.
Not sure how many more disruptions are needed before the season could be suspended which could lead to Sky asking for a refund putting the professional status of the game in jeopardy.
Perhaps Gareth Carvell needs to speak publicly to the players.
I honestly don't think some of them have the sense to realise whats at stake Eden was another who was alleged to have broken protocols thick as pig you know what
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Sep 2020, 13:58

Fumper27 wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 12:45 If Daryl knew on Thursday yet lied, I’m also disappointed with him
The thing is that even if Daryl knew on Thursday, it doesn’t follow that he lied.
He said that Jesse hadn’t played well the previous match so he’d been dropped. That was probably true ( he certainly didn’t play well)