Saints up next not FC

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Saints up next not FC

Post by Ken Smith » 17 Aug 2020, 08:51

Top 4 still possible. Best displays I’ve seen have come from Saints, Catalans and Salford the latter admittedly against a poor Hull FC. Not too bothered about Leeds or Wigan at the moment. As for the Challenge Cup we’ll beat both Hull FC and Wigan then with a kind draw against Leeds, hey presto in the Final.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Aug 2020, 09:35

When the chips are down, we always seem to band together better as team for some reason. I still think top 4 is possible. Saints will definitely be there, so too Wigan. You'd have to say Catalan and Warrington will be the other 2 pushing for it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2020, 09:54

Saints
Wigan
Cas
Huddersfield

Would be my top 4
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Aug 2020, 10:03

wigan may be winning but are far from impressive

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Aug 2020, 10:10

gateman wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 10:03 wigan may be winning but are far from impressive
I think we've learnt from 2017 that being impressive for 27 games counts for nothing. Wigan have never been an entertaining team, but know how to do it come business end.

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 17 Aug 2020, 12:19

I think the back up half back at the start of the season was Rankin.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Aug 2020, 13:41

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 08:45 I didn't understand before the season started why we didn't have a back up half back in place just p.ss poor planning you move Mcshane which I suppose must have been the thinking as we've got Milner and Oneill you lose a lot with Mcshane not playing 9 almost like a double whammy if one of the two half-backs get injured
DP probably didn't expect Rankin to go home though midway through and he would have been our cover half with Eden/Clare/Turner filling in.

Personally I think moving forward O'Brien should stand in. Hopefully we don't need that though
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2020, 14:08

I wouldn't have moved Rankin to fill in at half back he looked good at full back I didn't think he looked nearly as good when he played 6 or 7 it was bad luck he left
Now we got Obrian if we have a injury to Truey or DR I'd move him into half leave macca at 9 and play Turner at full back as we ended with yesterday
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Aug 2020, 14:32

Couple of things regarding GOB;

1) He's on a decent salary at Toronto and i imagine will want to match that at his next club.
2) He has stated time again that he is a fullback and wants to play #1
3) Would he really stay to play back up half back when he wants to play FB.
4) Would we pay him handsomely to only play a back up part - it's not often young halfbacks like Trueman & Richardson are out for long periods at a time and Evalds never misses games either.

The only benefit we have is, every club in SL has a fullback, which may mean he has to think about his options. Would love to keep him a capacity, but would understand him wanting to go and start somewhere. Hopefully he enjoys his year with us and it sways him to stay.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2020, 15:09

heritage1926 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 14:32 Couple of things regarding GOB;

1) He's on a decent salary at Toronto and i imagine will want to match that at his next club.
4) Would we pay him handsomely to only play a back up part - it's not often young halfbacks like Trueman & Richardson are out for long periods at a time and Evalds never misses games either.

The only benefit we have is, every club in SL has a fullback, which may mean he has to think about his options. Would love to keep him a capacity, but would understand him wanting to go and start somewhere. Hopefully he enjoys his year with us and it sways him to stay.
I think a lot of players will be glad to have a contract for next season I read what he said about the way him and the rest of the Toronto players had been treated
He got a shop window at Cas see what happens
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Aug 2020, 15:17

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 15:09
heritage1926 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 14:32 Couple of things regarding GOB;

I think a lot of players will be glad to have a contract for next season I read what he said about the way him and the rest of the Toronto players had been treated
He got a shop window at Cas see what happens
Either way, it's a win/win scenario for Cas IMO. He either does stay and we've recruited a very decent player or, he plays out of his skin for a contract elsewhere and we get the best out him.