Gareth O'Brien signing

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Gareth O'Brien signing

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Aug 2020, 13:12

westerbeast73 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:47
Fumper27 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 09:48 So, Niall Evalds IS NOT joining Cas early. I’m sure someone posted that months ago and was shouted down by a few....

Good to see the club reacting to Saturdays debacle.
YOU said about a week ago Evalds was coming if Cas paid a £5k fee which they obviously dont want to pay like I said months ago but was shot down for suggesting Salford changed the goalposts with asking a fee.
So predictable.

Read it back my friend. What I posted was what I had been told, in good faith. I never claimed that it would or wouldn’t happen, unlike some, who said the deal would be announced back in June.

Also, how were you shot down “months ago”. You’ve only been a member in the forum for three weeks or so 🧐🧐🧐

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Aug 2020, 13:20

yorky wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:18 nothing on the official web site yet?
Don't tell me, he's only the third player we've signed and we need another two before our planned week of announcements is full.

We have to be the worst SL team for public relations, particularly announcements...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 10 Aug 2020, 13:27

Flat Capper wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 13:20
Don't tell me, he's only the third player we've signed and we need another two before our planned week of announcements is full.

We have to be the worst SL team for public relations, particularly announcements...
very true, i wonder why they dont keep the fixtures to themselves :roll:

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 10 Aug 2020, 13:27

Fumper27 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 13:12
Fumper27 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 09:48 So, Niall Evalds IS NOT joining Cas early. I’m sure someone posted that months ago and was shouted down by a few....

YOU said about a week ago Evalds was coming if Cas paid a £5k fee which they obviously dont want to pay like I said months ago but was shot down for suggesting Salford changed the goalposts with asking a fee.
So predictable.

Read it back my friend. What I posted was what I had been told, in good faith. I never claimed that it would or wouldn’t happen, unlike some, who said the deal would be announced back in June.

Also, how were you shot down “months ago”. You’ve only been a member in the forum for three weeks or so 🧐🧐🧐
Fumper you change your tune more than Cas change their fullback options :-({|=

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Aug 2020, 13:31

Flat Capper wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 13:20

If we're making no signings till we can announce 5 in consecutive days whoever is in charge of that idea is a idiot
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 10 Aug 2020, 13:35

Got to agree about the total lack of PR by the club in relation to our 'signings'.

If they ever are announced it will be old news and almost worthless as a marketing tool.

We have a great deal to learn from other clubs, especially in the PR and marketing areas.
I remember Peter Small

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:02

Just been officially announced on Facebook & Twitter.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:06

westerbeast73 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 13:27

So predictable.

Fumper you change your tune more than I change my forum profile.
Edited for accuracy.

However, one last time for you:
Fumper27 wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 19:33 From a source I trust:

Salford wanted £15,000 for Evalds, Cas refused
This has since reduced to £5,000, Cas again refused
My source thinks that Evalds will be a Cas player for the rest of the 2020 season, within the next two weeks.
Kane Evans was almost a done deal before lockdown but not too sure now if it’s still on the table due to finances
Please tell me where I said he was coming?

I was merely relying information I thought would be best shared on here.

Unlike you who made various claims, none of which have come true. You even went as far as creating a new profile on this forum.

PS Gareth O Brien confirmed

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Aug 2020, 14:09

I mean "my source says he thinks he will be a Cas player within the next two weeks" does sound like he was coming to be fair. It wasn't directly stated by you, but you did share it and say it on here ;)

Back to the original thread and away from petty squabbling over who has the biggest anatomical parts or not, the one question that needs answering is whether he will need to isolate for 10 days and get tested before he can play. My bet is that we won't see him until after the cup game IMO, if that is the case. Won't play this week, can't play in the cup as cup tied.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:10

chief193 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 10:54 Really happy with this, suits our game. We should have signed him in 2018
From the press release, looks like we may of tried before now:

“ Head Coach Daryl Powell has been an admirer of O’Brien for some time: “Gareth is a high-quality player who will fit in very neatly into the way that we attack, and he’ll really strengthen us I think for the remainder of this season.

He’s a player that we have looked at before and given what has happened with Toronto and our position with Jordan Rankin going home, I thought it was important to get an experienced fullback on board and strengthen us in that position.”
Last edited by Fumper27 on 10 Aug 2020, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:11

Fumper27 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:06

So predictable.

Edited for accuracy.

My source thinks that Evalds will be a Cas player for the rest of the 2020 season, within the next two weeks.
Kane Evans was almost a done deal before lockdown but not too sure now if it’s still on the table due to finances

Unlike you who made various claims, none of which have come true. You even went as far as creating a new profile on this forum.

Be careful what you spout on here, you have no proof to back up your comments. I'll have you for deformation of character if you keep on with your allegations.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:14

HuddsTigers wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:09 I mean "my source says he thinks he will be a Cas player within the next two weeks" does sound like he was coming to be fair. It wasn't directly stated by you, but you did share it and say it on here ;)

Back to the original thread and away from petty squabbling over who has the biggest anatomical parts or not, the one question that needs answering is whether he will need to isolate for 10 days and get tested before he can play. My bet is that we won't see him until after the cup game IMO, if that is the case. Won't play this week, can't play in the cup as cup tied.
I agree that it sounded like Evalds would be with us in a few weeks. However, like you said, I was just sharing what I’d heard. I never claimed it to be fact. If people took it as gospel, perhaps they need to learn to read the words posted and not what they want to see?

Maybe next time I’ll hold my tongue and share with people away from the forum?

Does he have to isolate? Guessing he’s been in the UK throughout lockdown, so no issues with travelling from none listed countries.

Perhaps him not been available straight away will help get him up to speed for the second Hull game.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:16

westerbeast73 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:11

So predictable.

Edited for accuracy.

Be careful what you spout on here, you have no proof to back up your comments. I'll have you for deformation of character if you keep on with your allegations.
Just like your last profile. Ignoring questions and resorting to pettiness. You informed as much when you said you posted things months ago, despite only been on the forum a few weeks. 🤥

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 10 Aug 2020, 14:22

Fumper27 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:16
westerbeast73 wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:11

So predictable.

Edited for accuracy.

Just like your last profile. Ignoring questions and resorting to pettiness. You informed as much when you said you posted things months ago, despite only been on the forum a few weeks. 🤥
Like I said you have no proof of anything so keep your comments to yourself. You think you know everything, but I know more about english law as it's my job so keep your mouth closed before it lands you in serious trouble.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Aug 2020, 14:25

ffs can't you private message each other all this gash?
🐯 COYF!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 Aug 2020, 14:29

Good signing, something i called for weeks ago. Good chance for him to put himself in the shop window and who knows, if he does well maybe he'll stay and offer back up and competition for places. Also a pretty decent back up option for goalkicking as well.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 Aug 2020, 14:30

Don’t get too excited - think he has to go through 14 days of negative CV19 testing before he can play.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Aug 2020, 14:38

nottinghamtiger wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:30 Don’t get too excited - think he has to go through 14 days of negative CV19 testing before he can play.
Joffre Archer only had to do 5 days for the cricket?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 10 Aug 2020, 14:55

nottinghamtiger wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:30 Don’t get too excited - think he has to go through 14 days of negative CV19 testing before he can play.
Surely he would of been back over here a while??? With everything what has happened.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Aug 2020, 15:04

The Firm wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:29 Good signing, something i called for weeks ago. Good chance for him to put himself in the shop window and who knows, if he does well maybe he'll stay and offer back up and competition for places. Also a pretty decent back up option for goalkicking as well.
This

However, I think his salary demands would outweigh that of a back up player.