Hull up nest

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Hull up nest

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2020, 00:55

What guidelines have been broken? They could have picked it up anywhere. In a cafe or a pub. Are there restrictions stopping players from eating out or avoiding public spaces? In practical terms they should but I don't think SL has such prohibitive rules. One player could have passed it on to the 5 others, particularly if asymptomatic.

There's no evidence to suggest anyone has broken any rules
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2020, 00:57

As for the game, they are out of training but for me the simple thing to me is to get the rest of the squad tested and if they are all clear on Thurs/Fri at the next round, Hull play minus the 5 players. Our game is Sunday, so enough time to check and for symptoms to show.

Same for Salford, only their squad will have been exposed but they should know by Friday whether any players have it or not.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Aug 2020, 01:15

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 12 Aug 2020, 04:53

Well that might be it for this season. Can't see them letting the game continue now. Cracks are starting to appear.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 12 Aug 2020, 06:01

old cas lass wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 00:38
derbystiger wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 00:11 Hull should have to forfeit their next 2 games. It’s ridiculous - players obviously not following protocols so they pay the price, simple. The club shouldn’t be paying the players that tested positive either.
also what’s the point in paying for tests when players disregard the guidelines. Because someone surely as. One or two, you could be just unlucky, but 6 players and 2 other staff.
it only takes one to get it . Supermarket / wife / partners all still working coming into contact with people . Once one gets it a close contact team sport is ideal for easy spread .
TM Out

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 12 Aug 2020, 06:02

HuddsTigers wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 00:57 As for the game, they are out of training but for me the simple thing to me is to get the rest of the squad tested and if they are all clear on Thurs/Fri at the next round, Hull play minus the 5 players. Our game is Sunday, so enough time to check and for symptoms to show.

Same for Salford, only their squad will have been exposed but they should know by Friday whether any players have it or not.
incubation period basically you could have but test negative for a week .
TM Out

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 12 Aug 2020, 06:04

scottiger wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 06:02
HuddsTigers wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 00:57 As for the game, they are out of training but for me the simple thing to me is to get the rest of the squad tested and if they are all clear on Thurs/Fri at the next round, Hull play minus the 5 players. Our game is Sunday, so enough time to check andwhether any players have it or not.
incubation period basically you could have but test negative for a week .
No way do salford or hull play this week
TM Out

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Aug 2020, 06:43

nottinghamtiger wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 23:21 To be honest, I’m not surprised in the slightest.
I’ve seen so many photos that players have put in social media themselves where they are clearly not maintaining social distancing. You’d bet Albert Kelly is one of those who have tested positive.
However, some Cas players have posted photos of themselves with friends etc literally with their arms around each other and sitting at the same tables in restaurants.
It’s crazy. The players either don’t understand the protocols or they don’t think they apply to them.
The re-start was always going to reply on the professionalism of the players. Unfortunately, that professionalism just isn’t there in RL.
This is the big problem someone pointed out to me on here a few weeks ago what would happen
Cricket have had to suspended players and Scottish Football is one more incident away from being stopped indefinitely the leader of the country said yesterday after the Aberdeen players in a pub incident and then a Celtic player without telling anyone got on a plane to one of the country's with the highest infection rates in Europe at the moment spent a day came back and continued as normal until the story broke on Monday what he had done
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TonyM
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TonyM » 12 Aug 2020, 07:26

The RFL haven't put strict enough rules in place for the players. When you look at the NRL all the players are classed as being in "social bubbles" hence when someone is spotted in a restaurant/shops etc they are isolated for 14 days even with a negative test result, and heavily fined. Now think how low the numbers are in Australia as opposed to here, the RFL should have done something similar. Tony

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 12 Aug 2020, 07:41

I think that the rfl should have said you play games on a home and away basis as normal and the home club is responsible to make sure their changing rooms and surrounding areas are cleaned and sanitizer this will then reduce the chance of infection. I don't agree that all teams play under 1 roof receipe for disaster

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Aug 2020, 08:09

Interesting from the RFU;
Premiership rugby players will be warned about the need to follow corona virus guidelines strictly when the season resumed this weekend - or risk handing rivals bonus-point wins.

If any club's participation is prohibited by Government or local authority restrictions, cancelled matchs will be declared draws. But if any club - or individuals within a club - are deemed to have breached corona virus guidelines, they will gift the opponents a 20-0 victory.
That's how you professionally manage a situation. The RFU are taking a big stance. The Premier League get through the rest of the season with no problems at all, yet Super League in it's first weekend is hit with this. We truly are a shambles of a sport sometime.
Last edited by heritage1926 on 12 Aug 2020, 08:25, edited 2 times in total.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Aug 2020, 08:18

The RL will be looking to trace how the Hull players staff contracted the virus and go from there
I have seen players from other clubs on social media clearly not following the protocols
We might only get one shot at it and if players can't observe the protocols for the next three months the RL may as well call time if they don't at some point the government will
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Aug 2020, 08:24

HuddsTigers wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 00:55 What guidelines have been broken? They could have picked it up anywhere. In a cafe or a pub. Are there restrictions stopping players from eating out or avoiding public spaces? In practical terms they should but I don't think SL has such prohibitive rules. One player could have passed it on to the 5 others, particularly if asymptomatic.

There's no evidence to suggest anyone has broken any rules
Look on social media. You’ll see hundreds of photos (posted by the players themselves) that break social distancing guidelines.
Most of Wigan’s squad were on a night out in Manchester city centre last night - firstly in a much larger group than they should be and secondly in crowded areas where social distancing clearly wasn’t happening.
Many Cas players are also not bothering with social distancing, happily posting photo of themselves close to or touching other people.
For me, it shows the difference in professionalism between RL and other sports.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 12 Aug 2020, 08:30

People get what you pay for. These are working class people on average salaries, with a few exceptions. Work you put your life on hold any differently to the average joe bloggs on a crap wage ? Footballers will have Spent thousands on just one player to stay clear while picking up 300 grande a week And we are chastising folk earning 2k a month on average

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Aug 2020, 08:34

If the season gets abandoned for players not being able to follow the protocols they might well have no job at all next year
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Aug 2020, 08:35

tigerfeat wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 08:34 If the season gets abandoned for players not being able to follow the protocols they might well have no job at all next year
If the season can't be finished and ends now, Sky pull out their money.

Hull have also told their players the game is off Sunday.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Aug 2020, 08:40

Dazzyb wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 08:30 People get what you pay for. These are working class people on average salaries, with a few exceptions. Work you put your life on hold any differently to the average joe bloggs on a crap wage ? Footballers will have Spent thousands on just one player to stay clear while picking up 300 grande a week And we are chastising folk earning 2k a month on average
I’m not buying that this anything to do with social class or money.
People earning far less than RL players can manage to stay 2m away from their mates and not gather in large groups from different households.
Nothing to do with money or class - everything to do with stupidity.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Aug 2020, 08:41

There's no way you get 6 infections if you're following protocols seriously

Hull should be made to play with clear players or forfeit the game.

It's a joke and I'm surprised it hasn't made front page news tbh
Audacter Et Sincere

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 12 Aug 2020, 08:48

nottinghamtiger wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 08:40
Dazzyb wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 08:30 People get what you pay for. These are working class people on average salaries, with a few exceptions. Work you put your life on hold any differently to the average joe bloggs on a crap wage ? Footballers will have Spent thousands on just one player to stay clear while picking up 300 grande a week And we are chastising folk earning 2k a month on average
I’m not buying that this anything to do with social class or money.
People earning far less than RL players can manage to stay 2m away from their mates and not gather in large groups from different households.
Nothing to do with money or class - everything to do with stupidity.
This^^^

MY CLUB. MY CAS

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Aug 2020, 08:53

Mysterio wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 08:41 There's no way you get 6 infections if you're following protocols seriously

Hull should be made to play with clear players or forfeit the game.

It's a joke and I'm surprised it hasn't made front page news tbh
They can’t play with any players. All the FC squad have been in close physical contact with the players who have then tested positive. They all have to isolate for 14 days, whether they have symptoms or not and even if they have a negative test result.
Same with the Salford players. Any of them who came into contact with a Hull player who has now tested positive has to isolate for 14 days.