New deals for duo.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

New deals for duo.

Post by old cas lass » 05 Jul 2020, 20:43

Castleford Tigers duo James Clare and Daniel Smith have both signed new deals with the club. League Express can reveal the pair have put pen to paper.

According to league express.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New deals for duo.

Post by HuddsTigers » 05 Jul 2020, 22:33

Pleased for Clare. He's been a reliable and solid performer over the last 12 months and is good cover. With Feki, Eden and Olpherts he may not get much of a look in but always good to have someone around that knows his role and a local lad to boot.

Smith has also been fairly decent since signing. Hopefully he can push on over next 6 months and look to earn a longer deal.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 05 Jul 2020, 22:40

HuddsTigers wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 22:33 Pleased for Clare. He's been a reliable and solid performer over the last 12 months and is good cover. With Feki, Eden and Olpherts he may not get much of a look in but always good to have someone around that knows his role and a local lad to boot.

Smith has also been fairly decent since signing. Hopefully he can push on over next 6 months and look to earn a longer deal.
Clare has played his best rugby at the start of 2020.
I really rate Dan Smith. He suits our style of play and whilst he’s got the ball-skills, he makes very few errors. He seems to know when to look to offload and when to just make metres. Doesn’t concede penalties and doesn’t miss tackles. I genuinely think he can be one of the best forwards in SL.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 05 Jul 2020, 23:47

nottinghamtiger wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 22:40
HuddsTigers wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 22:33 Pleased for Clare. He's been a reliable and solid performer over the last 12 months and is good cover. With Feki, Eden and Olpherts he may not get much of a look in but always good to have someone around that knows his role and a local lad to boot.

Clare has played his best rugby at the start of 2020.
I really rate Dan Smith. He suits our style of play and whilst he’s got the ball-skills, he makes very few errors. He seems to know when to look to offload and when to just make metres. Doesn’t concede penalties and doesn’t miss tackles. I genuinely think he can be one of the best forwards in SL.
spot on notts and loads of time for improvement under DP. on his current form he'd be in most SL teams starting game 17.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Jul 2020, 10:06

It would be nice if the official club site could be used for stuff like this

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jul 2020, 10:20

Only way people find out owt now is when Matthew Shaw puts rugby paper online Sunday night ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 06 Jul 2020, 10:32

Cas have slacked with announcements during the last 3 months, surely we need to get some kind of indication of in and outs in the next month or so. Announcing Evalds early would surely make people more optimistic for next season rather than waiting till the end of the season.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 06 Jul 2020, 11:14

A post on Facebook says Millington as signed for another year.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 06 Jul 2020, 12:44

According to TotalRL Joe Wardle signed deal with midgets for 2021

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 06 Jul 2020, 15:27

If this is true it’s fantastic news.. The media side of our club needs a kick up the bump or sacking because everyone knows before anything official is announced by the club..it’s a complete joke and very unprofessional that we get to know via media websites or other clubs forum.. come on cas the fans deserve better communication

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jul 2020, 15:53

Ladytiger wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 15:27 If this is true it’s fantastic news.. The media side of our club needs a kick up the bump or sacking because everyone knows before anything official is announced by the club..it’s a complete joke and very unprofessional that we get to know via media websites or other clubs forum.. come on cas the fans deserve better communication
The guy who runs the media side i.e. Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is told what content he can put out and when. They can't just post news when they feel like it.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Jul 2020, 15:56

heritage1926 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 15:53
Ladytiger wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 15:27 If this is true it’s fantastic news.. The media side of our club needs a kick up the bump or sacking because everyone knows before anything official is announced by the club..it’s a complete joke and very unprofessional that we get to know via media websites or other clubs forum.. come on cas the fans deserve better communication
The guy who runs the media side i.e. Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is told what content he can put out and when. They can't just post news when they feel like it.
Isn’t he also on furlough, which means they can’t do anything work related?

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 06 Jul 2020, 16:01

Fumper27 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 15:56
He’s one of the people who isn’t on Furlough. Tom is good for our social media page, his videos and pictures he puts together are good but like the above poster said he can only post what he is told to!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Jul 2020, 16:03

MrRugby123 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 16:01
He’s one of the people who isn’t on Furlough. Tom is good for our social media page, his videos and pictures he puts together are good but like the above poster said he can only post what he is told to!
He's done a good job during the time the games being stopped putting things on Twitter
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Jul 2020, 16:12

MrRugby123 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 16:01
Thanks. I stand corrected.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 06 Jul 2020, 16:21

I personally think Tom has done a great job, some posts get tedious seeing the same post 2/3 times a day but I've particularly liked the podcasts with various players, staff, fans ect.

However I agree whoever is in charge of pressing the green button on announcements so to speak needs a kick up the bum!

When in reality they want us fans not to ask for refunds on season tickets, they aren't exactly getting us all up beat & positive. Imagine announcing evalds, smith, Clare, Millo ect ect over the last month or so. It would of been a fantastic pick me up & would get us all behind the club more than ever.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 06 Jul 2020, 19:22

MrRugby123 wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 10:32 Cas have slacked with announcements during the last 3 months, surely we need to get some kind of indication of in and outs in the next month or so. Announcing Evalds early would surely make people more optimistic for next season rather than waiting till the end of the season.
What exactly would you have liked them to post over the past 3 months ?

Reality check, there is nothing to announce ....

Tigers1926
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigers1926 » 06 Jul 2020, 19:38

Jimmy Clare been good for Cas but the beginning of the 2020 season in particular. Good to hear Dan Smith is sorted too, and he will only get better the longer he's at the club under DP and the other coaches. Hope it's true about Millo too. Good to get blokes signed up for the next year or so, for the club, but also for the lads themselves. Once we get out of this covid it'll give the club a bit of stability till things are back to some sort of normal. COYF 🐯

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Jul 2020, 19:49

Trouble is, the papers aren't fact, they are speculation or based on rumours/someone letting it slip.

A number of things may be inaccurate - length of contract, signings. The club has to release news when all parties are happy to do so: Cas, player and his agent, opposition club.

And the club always like to release this news in bulk. If they are true, they are true. Not going to change a thing whether it is now or in a few weeks.

Let's be fair, there are more pressing business matters at the moment to make sure we actually have a club to support.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Jul 2020, 19:53

Casmoley wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 16:21 I personally think Tom has done a great job, some posts get tedious seeing the same post 2/3 times a day but I've particularly liked the podcasts with various players, staff, fans ect.

However I agree whoever is in charge of pressing the green button on announcements so to speak needs a kick up the bum!

When in reality they want us fans not to ask for refunds on season tickets, they aren't exactly getting us all up beat & positive. Imagine announcing evalds, smith, Clare, Millo ect ect over the last month or so. It would of been a fantastic pick me up & would get us all behind the club more than ever.
To be fair, they haven't made a decision on refunds yet.

Wouldn't surprise me if they leave it as long as possible to see if there's a chance of crowds getting back in.

A lot of other clubs have jumped in offering refunds based on games missed but if the government allow a % of fans in August/September then it may be silly.

Even with 22 games, we would only have 11 home games so losing out on 3 definitely (plus any at neutral venues).

Club would only have to pay out for say 5 games than refunding now for 11 games.