ITS BACK

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: ITS BACK

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jul 2020, 08:10

Fumper27 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 20:59
tigerfeat wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 19:31 With all that's at stake couldn't you hope the 12 clubs had decided at one of there meetings to set say 15% -30% and then if one club wanted to deduct less than another it wouldn't threaten a players strike that would have made sense to me

But what if by accepting a 15-30% pay cut the thing at stake is:

Your home
Your child’s education
Your savings
Your vehicle

Would you accept? Every single one of us has an individual set of circumstances in such a unique time. I certainly won’t be critical of any players who puts their own families first in this situation. I’m sure we’re all doing the same right now.
But if the season dosnt re-start because of a players strike over wages and as to be void there may be no game next season at best 2 or 3 super league clubs would fold
I'm not having a go at players clubs are signing players putting them on good money while asking other players to take a pay cut I would hope clubs players get together and realise the seriousness of the situation they and the powers that be have had three months to sort it out let's hope they come to a agreement fairly quick now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Jul 2020, 21:48

Six clubs apparently agreed now to cuts according to Carvell.

Apparently, GMB Union are also canvassing The RFL to stop any new signings (sounds more like marquees) if players are taking paycuts as players are angry that they are losing out and clubs are still making big signings.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Jul 2020, 08:37

no one will want to take a pay cut that's obvious but you can not give money you have not got, having no gate receipts will have impacted all the clubs sticking out for their full money is OK for the short term but if clubs fold what is out there for these lads to go to its predicted 3 million will be looking for work next year, i do hope all the players make the right decision

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Jul 2020, 11:11

Whilst I don't doubt for a second that Clubs have taken a significant financial hit, most (if not all) have had their salary costs paid for by the government through the furlough scheme for four months.

This also means the players have received a maximum of £2.8k per month, which is in itself a significant pay cut for some of them and their families.

I fully understand the players wanting their full pay for the remainder of their contract and should certainly be dissatisfied by attempts to sign other players at additional costs whilst being told the Club can't afford to pay current agreed contracts.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jul 2020, 12:37

I’m not joking now; I see this as the start of desperate times in rugby league.

Other sports too, but I feel several clubs will enter administration unless the government allows spectators in with visors or masks on. Which they won’t...

I pray that our club survives. No doubt folks will say I’m overreacting, but this is the scariest time in the history Of our club for me.
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Jul 2020, 12:53

Mysterio wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 12:37 I’m not joking now; I see this as the start of desperate times in rugby league.

Other sports too, but I feel several clubs will enter administration unless the government allows spectators in with visors or masks on. Which they won’t...

I pray that our club survives. No doubt folks will say I’m overreacting, but this is the scariest time in the history Of our club for me.
Isn't this why the government loaned the RFL £16m.? What's happened to that?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jul 2020, 13:01

Although I was delighted with the gesture initially, it’s become all too clear to me that it’s nowhere near enough to support clubs and players through.

In my opinion.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jul 2020, 13:05

Mysterio wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 12:37 I’m not joking now; I see this as the start of desperate times in rugby league.

It will be a desperate time for certain if the season is null and void because of a players strike with how tough it will be in 2021 and the recession I think it will be the end of the game at least as we know it now
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Jul 2020, 18:21

We are one of the six clubs yet to find an agreement with players about pay cuts. The others are Hull KR, Salford, Wakefield, Warrington and Wigan.
Cas have said that a resolution is “imminent”.

Dunkirk Spirit
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dunkirk Spirit » 12 Jul 2020, 19:14

Just a quick word, Michael Carter was answering questions, on a Trinity TV, Q&A, Last Monday. He mentioned that most players were agreeable to terms during the current problem. He also said he didn’t agree with asking players to take a pay cut, when Signing on new players. The saddest part was his belief, that all SL clubs would be releasing on average, 5 players each. He estimates 60 SL players will not have a club at the start of 2021 season.
I think that players will realise that in the short term, take the offers now, then renegotiate when/if things improve.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2020, 10:14

Tigerade wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 19:25
Swagger wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 16:52 Any news on Challenge Cup?

Nothing yet.

https://castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=6973

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2020, 10:19

So we could make it to the last 8 without playing a game....

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 17 Jul 2020, 13:14

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 10:19 So we could make it to the last 8 without playing a game....
Covid19 aside this shows how little our game has strengthened its roots and lower grades of football. It’s a joke. Folks like argyle etc are welcome Into the sport but only if we’re strengthening an area close to the heartlands and then branch out that way,

Not ridiculously setting up a team in Canada and one in New York. What next one in PNG? It’s absolutely ridiculous.
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2020, 13:41

Mysterio wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 13:14
Fumper27 wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 10:19 So we could make it to the last 8 without playing a game....
Covid19 aside this shows how little our game has strengthened its roots and lower grades of football. It’s a joke. Folks like argyle etc are welcome Into the sport but only if we’re strengthening an area close to the heartlands and then branch out that way,

Not ridiculously setting up a team in Canada and one in New York. What next one in PNG? It’s absolutely ridiculous.
Nah, the next one is in Ottawa 😳😳😳

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2020, 14:07

Looking at allowing spectators back in October.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2020, 09:42

I think they will follow what the NRL are doing no speccies to start with then letting a limited number in and increasing it week by week if all's well
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Jul 2020, 09:44

Given the competition starts in August, with spectators not allowed in before October, I’d say that’s pretty much guaranteed....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2020, 07:42

It looks like all but three clubs have agreed pay cuts with there players what is the situation with players who won't agree cuts at there club do you just go on regardless and hope they change there mind ?
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jul 2020, 09:21

I hope the players holding out sit back and concider the implications of what they are doing, you can not find money out of an empty bucket

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 20 Jul 2020, 12:15

Anyone know why Hepi and Jesse training on there own on whitwood field and not with rest of the team