This scared me - Away fans boycott Wheldon Road

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmania
Verified

Re: This scared me - Away fans boycott Wheldon Road

Post by Casmania » 13 Jul 2020, 21:47

casjunction wrote: 12 Jul 2020, 19:14 The out of town shopping ship has sailed along with any chance of a free new ground.
The brick money is occasionally mentioned and we are reminded it's in a Escrow Account not an expert on the subject in fact l ha.
ve no real expertise.
However if both parties agree then the terms of an Escrow account can be changed.
The money is lingering and doing nothing.
I don't know how much is in the account and it will not cover a great deal but it would be a start.
As for our place at the top table.
I never really saw their being a place for a small town in Wakefields team along side Catalan, Toronto, New York.
Perhaps the pandemic may delay such a day or it could be Red Halls incompetence but if the powers that be decided there is no place for heartland clubs they will frame the terms accordingly.
Let's get the show back on the road and enjoy it for what it is.
Buy a, brick sales were just over 600. Some holders have asked for refunds, total sales were just under £30,000.
Richard Turner under the guidance of Steve Ferres ensured the money was protected, hence the escrow account.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: This scared me - Away fans boycott Wheldon Road

Post by Tiger53 » 14 Jul 2020, 07:52

TT Tiger wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 22:51 Nearly relegated 97 didn’t make the playoffs that year. And i didn’t go to that game. But went to the 99 semi as a 14 year old and couldn’t talk when we got home. Though I think I was still chanting in my sleep. If I remember rightly a load of cas fans did the conga all the way around the ground. Di had put the game on YouTube. I think it’s been taken down but if you watch it Eddie and stevo even come to on the cas fans making all the noise.
You’re right, the chant was the 1999 semi, my memory playing tricks. However, we did reach the semi-finals (Premiership) in 1997 ( think that might have been the year that everyone was in it). Again we lost at St Helens in the semi 32-18 having beaten Halifax and Bradford away in the previous two rounds.